AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:57:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Damn, someone is a Sassy Sally.

We can agree to disagree on differing barrel specs being variables between rifles.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Soberglitch

It would be relevant if you were dealing with an incompatible combination of twist rate and bullet length, such as a 1/12 (or possibly 1/9) and a 77gr OTM.

There is no such incompatibility with 1/9 or 1/7 and 55gr FMJ (or any conventional 55gr slug). Both will stabilize 55gr without issue.

Welcome to how guns work.

We can agree to disagree on differing barrel specs being variables between rifles.

I’d be even more surprised if the issue were a 1/7 or 1/9 barrel not stabilizing 55gr. I’d buy it if it were a 1/7 shooting 40gr, or a 1/12 shooting 77gr. But any 1/7 or 1/9 that can’t stabilize 55gr to remotely within 6 MOA, even with the trashiest of ammo, isn’t a barrel twist problem, it’s a fucked up barrel problem. I really don’t think it’s the issue at play here.

As long as we are all playing the guessing game, I’m going to go with shooter ability. That’s obviously not a knock on OP. Have a known quantity shooter shoot the rifle. Even Tula should group <4 MOA. If that’s not it, I’d go with something interfacing with the optic/mount being loose.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:09:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote

Firearms work in measurable and predictable ways following the laws of physics.

Your statement is objectively incorrect.

Don’t know what else to tell you.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 6:09:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You would not be getting that much parallax shift unless you had the reticle way way off center. Rule out any movement in the mount. If you think the optic is not holding zero I will send a replacement.  

View Quote

Hey-
Just wanted to close the loop here.  The problem was me, not your product.  I went through and rechecked my mount like you suggested and found that I had not tightened it sufficiently to the top rail.  The result was the scope was cocked slightly to the side at the rear end.  It was tight enough to hold it's position, but not enough to pull it into alignment with the barrel.  I tightened everything up and now the gun consistently shoots good groups.  Thanks again for the good advice, and thanks again for standing behind your product.  

v/r
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 7:33:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top