Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/19/2021 2:32:20 AM EDT
I think I have narrowed down my red dot selection. The Trijicon MRO is the optic that I keep coming back to. I also found the MRO without the mount for under $400.

What are my mount options? This will be going on my Tavor x95 and I do use the iron sights on the rifle.

I’m also wondering if the mount that comes with the MRO would work fine with the Tavor x95 iron sights?

I’m open to suggestions on what is my best options. Thanks everyone.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 3:01:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm a huge Scalarworks fan.  Own multiple.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 3:49:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Anyone of them in particular? I will look them up. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 4:00:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Larue has a deal for the MRO with a mount going right now.  They have a forward canted one that’s pretty slick.

Link
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 4:46:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

With all of my optics, about 13-15, scopes and red dots
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 5:51:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't Tavors have a taller height over bore than an AR 15?
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 6:03:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a lightly used scalarworks mro mount in the EE if interested, 1.57”

Great mounts I just ended up getting a 1.93”

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_163/2107377_Scalarworks-Leap-05-1-57-lower-1-3-MRO-Mount.html
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 8:14:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Larue has a deal for the MRO with a mount going right now.  They have a forward canted one that’s pretty slick.

Link
View Quote

I got this last year with the canted mount, totally worth it
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 8:30:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Link
View Quote

I went this route
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 9:53:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I went this route
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link

I went this route

As did I. I like the mount, and the price of the mount plus optic is what others were charging for just the optic. But, Larue is so slow. Be prepared to wait.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 10:49:42 AM EDT
[#10]
So I would think the tavor with its hight over bore would not be a high mount. I prefer Scalarworks 1.93 for my MRO's but that might be too high with the Tavor.
Standard co witness or lower 1/3 and Id go with Larue or Geissele.

But if interested I do have un used MRO mounts. One larue, and one trijicon. Both are lower 1/3.
Id sell them for cheap, both were taken off the optic when they arrive and were not used.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 10:50:31 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a mro mounted in a LT849.

I like Laure mounts.

Any reputable manufacture is going to make a quality mount these days though.

Link Posted: 2/19/2021 11:07:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Tavor height over bore is about an inch more than an AR, so the skyscraper mounts exacerbate zeroing issues. At the same time, with the buttstock being straight back in line, tight cheek weld is a problem for many so going with AR absolute co-witness height mounts make some people feel like they are having to smash their face into the stock while using, so you will want to go with a lower 1/3rd co-witness mount. Also, the iron sights sit at 1.66" tall, so going with a lower 1/3rd will allow you full co-witness with the irons. I had the Larue LT-839 when I had my MRO and it was a great mount. Every manufacturer seems to have a different idea of what lower 1/3rd is, but that should only be a concern if you ever decide to add a magnifier.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 2:19:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Tavor height over bore is about an inch more than an AR, so the skyscraper mounts exacerbate zeroing issues. At the same time, with the buttstock being straight back in line, tight cheek weld is a problem for many so going with AR absolute co-witness height mounts make some people feel like they are having to smash their face into the stock while using, so you will want to go with a lower 1/3rd co-witness mount. Also, the iron sights sit at 1.66" tall, so going with a lower 1/3rd will allow you full co-witness with the irons. I had the Larue LT-839 when I had my MRO and it was a great mount. Every manufacturer seems to have a different idea of what lower 1/3rd is, but that should only be a concern if you ever decide to add a magnifier.
View Quote

Thank you for that information. I have been trying to figure out the mount height for a while now. No real answers until now. I need a lower 1/3 co-wtiness mount.  Is that the standard mount that comes with the MRO?
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 2:45:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Thank you for that information. I have been trying to figure out the mount height for a while now. No real answers until now. I need a lower 1/3 co-wtiness mount.  Is that the standard mount that comes with the MRO?
View Quote

You can get them with low mount, absolute cowitness, or lower 1/3rd co-witness. If you're going to buy brand new I would just go with the LaRue combo that was posted earlier. $460 for the MRO and mount.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 8:15:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You can get them with low mount, absolute cowitness, or lower 1/3rd co-witness. If you're going to buy brand new I would just go with the LaRue combo that was posted earlier. $460 for the MRO and mount.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The LaRue has two different stock numbers for their mounts. What number would give me what I need for the Tavor x95?

Never mind I see it now. I was reading on my phone and didn’t see at first.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 8:33:31 PM EDT
[#16]
I have three MRO's.  I run Geissele 1/3 co-witness mounts on all of them.  I can't imagine anything better.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 10:03:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

This!
Attachment Attached File
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top