Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 10/3/2020 1:39:02 PM EDT
There's not dick for information out there on this scope, it seems as if no one has bought it.  Reviews are non existent.  However, the reticle had me really interested and willing to roll the dice.

I hate bdc reticles, I hate heavy mrad graduations.  I like fine reticles that let me stretch things out without the reticle obscuring my entire target.  The FFP mrad in the credo fits the ticket for me and it's something I wanted to try. To frame where I'm coming from...I think the razor 1-6 is magical optically, but the reticle sucks, all of them.  I think the next best to the razor is the P4Xi, but again the reticle is a shit BDC.  I absolutely love the nx8 for its reticle, size, and weight.  However, the razor stomps a mudhole in the nx8s ass optically.  

I bought the credo in hopes that the rest of the scope was good, but the reticle had me sold.  The reticle turns out to be everything I want.  However, the segmented circle leaves a bit to be desired if you're used to a single dot.  If you use your variable at 1x frequently, keep looking.  If you live at 4-6x it won't bother you.  

The reticle is daylight bright.  Again though, there's no center dot worth mentioning so the blazing intensity of the razor, P4Xi, and nx8 are not there.  The nx8 at 1x turns into a dot.  The credo at 1x is still a segment circle.  Fine for really close, but you might struggle plugging at 1x past 50 yards.

Optically, it's magnificent.  It has all the optical traits of the razor.  The ocular vanishes at 1x.  I think it is much clearer at 1x than the razor.  I've owned many razors and they all feel like looking through a thick piece of glass at anything less than 25 yards.  The credo feels like it's .95x up close, par for the course, but without the thick glass effect.  At a distance of 50-60 yards, the .95x is really obvious.  I guess the trade off is fish bowl effect or sub 1x, pick your poison.

The clicks are extremely solid and tactile.  The zoom ring is just right as well.

As you can probably tell, I don't write reviews.... So ask anything you want to know or for classification.

1x full illumination
Attachment Attached File

6x no illumination
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 5:25:30 PM EDT
[#1]
That is not daylight bright.
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 6:21:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd call it daylight bright, but like I said, since it is spread out with the segmented circle it's not like a laser beam.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 8:43:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the 1-6, SFP Credo with the green segmented circle and I wouldn't even call it daylight visible let alone daylight bright.

The glass is excellent, the reticle is well thought out and even non-illuminated it does what I need it to. The bold etched circle lets me frame targets on 1x well enough. I use mine on 4x-6x mostly which it excels at and I can drop it down to 1x if need be.

For those in the nuclear bright or bust camp this is not your scope.

Like your pic of going from shade to a sunny area the green does ok, low light it's great but out in full sun I just turn mine off.
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 8:48:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have the 1-6, SFP Credo with the green segmented circle and I wouldn't even call it daylight visible let alone daylight bright.

The glass is excellent, the reticle is well thought out and even non-illuminated it does what I need it to. The bold etched circle lets me frame targets on 1x well enough. I use mine on 4x-6x mostly which it excels at and I can drop it down to 1x if need be.

View Quote

I already knew that...

That is Trijicon Achilles heel, they can't seem to master the daylight bright reticle. You would think they could, but have yet to produce one.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 7:30:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I already knew that...

That is Trijicon Achilles heel, they can't seem to master the daylight bright reticle. You would think they could, but have yet to produce one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I already knew that...

If they shrank the dumb segmented circle I think the intensity would be there.  I don't know why they made it as big as they did.  The circle is pointless above 1x
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 8:59:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
There's not dick for information out there on this scope, it seems as if no one has bought it.  Reviews are non existent.  However, the reticle had me really interested and willing to roll the dice.

I hate bdc reticles, I hate heavy mrad graduations.  I like fine reticles that let me stretch things out without the reticle obscuring my entire target.  The FFP mrad in the credo fits the ticket for me and it's something I wanted to try. To frame where I'm coming from...I think the razor 1-6 is magical optically, but the reticle sucks, all of them.  I think the next best to the razor is the P4Xi, but again the reticle is a shit BDC.  I absolutely love the nx8 for its reticle, size, and weight.  However, the razor stomps a mudhole in the nx8s ass optically.  

I bought the credo in hopes that the rest of the scope was good, but the reticle had me sold.  The reticle turns out to be everything I want.  However, the segmented circle leaves a bit to be desired if you're used to a single dot.  If you use your variable at 1x frequently, keep looking.  If you live at 4-6x it won't bother you.  

The reticle is daylight bright.  Again though, there's no center dot worth mentioning so the blazing intensity of the razor, P4Xi, and nx8 are not there.  The nx8 at 1x turns into a dot.  The credo at 1x is still a segment circle.  Fine for really close, but you might struggle plugging at 1x past 50 yards.

Optically, it's magnificent.  It has all the optical traits of the razor.  The ocular vanishes at 1x.  I think it is much clearer at 1x than the razor.  I've owned many razors and they all feel like looking through a thick piece of glass at anything less than 25 yards.  The credo feels like it's .95x up close, par for the course, but without the thick glass effect.  At a distance of 50-60 yards, the .95x is really obvious.  I guess the trade off is fish bowl effect or sub 1x, pick your poison.

The clicks are extremely solid and tactile.  The zoom ring is just right as well.

As you can probably tell, I don't write reviews.... So ask anything you want to know or for classification.

1x full illumination
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/220444/20201003_131815_HDR_1__jpg-1618110.JPG

6x no illumination
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/220444/20201003_131742_HDR_1__jpg-1618112.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/220444/20201003_131839_HDR_jpg-1618113.JPG
View Quote

Good review, so I have the 1-8 Accupower in MOA and the 1-8 VCOG in MRAD and the MOA Accupower has a larger center dot. I know on credo line they made the cross hair thinner but I think the MOA model would still be a hair larger
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 11:15:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If they shrank the dumb segmented circle I think the intensity would be there.  I don't know why they made it as big as they did.  The circle is pointless above 1x
View Quote

There going for the 65MOA Circle of an EOTECH. Which many prefer at CQB distances.
You place the circle center of mass on a chest and boom... But there is no bottom with a hash mark like the EOtech reticle or the Vortex UH-1
Which you can use as an offset index for accuracy (read, head shots) within 10 yds.

Again, it's like no one at Trijicon seems to know anything about reticle design and CQB... they do not put any thought into the thinks like design of the reticle for off set, close in work... and don't seem to care about daylight bright.

As I have often said, they are lazy and fat on Gov contracts for ACOGs.. even the MRO was nothing more then a an attempt to mimic Aim points and they thought it would sell if they had a larger tube, which really makes no difference on a 1x as only one eye is looking thru it, the other is on the target, and the brain does the rest.

If you are using a 1X properly, you are looking thru and past the optic and onto the target-reticle, shape/design of the tube has little bearing on that.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 3:05:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I recently acquired the same scope. I really like it...but... it's not even close to daylight bright. I had it on the highest setting and thought the battery might have died until covered the objective. Its actually dimmer to me eye than the vortex strike eagle it replaced.

Other than that, its a great scope.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 3:10:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I recently acquired the same scope. I really like it...but... it's not even close to daylight bright. I had it on the highest setting and thought the battery might have died until covered the objective. Its actually dimmer to me eye than the vortex strike eagle it replaced.

Other than that, its a great scope.
View Quote

I wonder if the illumination is all over the place.  I can aim it toward a cloudless sky at 2pm and it's obviously on.

Daylight bright is still a dumb argument with this reticle.  Even if it were nuclear bright, the center dot is microscopic.  This reticle is geared towards distance or really up close.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 4:45:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I wonder if the illumination is all over the place.  I can aim it toward a cloudless sky at 2pm and it's obviously on.

Daylight bright is still a dumb argument with this reticle.  Even if it were nuclear bright, the center dot is microscopic.  This reticle is geared towards distance or really up close.
View Quote

It's not, the circle IS the close Up reticle for fast, Dynamic Close quarter shooting at multiple targets. The center dot is for dialing up magnification at distance.

Curious what your main use for this scope is for you?
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 11:46:30 PM EDT
[#11]
The Credo HX 1-6 LED dot version does look daylight bright, although the reticle seems kinda meh.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 12:08:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/5/2020 1:00:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The Credo HX 1-6 LED dot version does look daylight bright, although the reticle seems kinda meh.
View Quote

Is this the BDC reticle? Where did you see the LED dot referenced/pictured? I'm interested to see just how bright that dot is. Might be a better price alternative to a Razor 1-6.

Ty

Also, thank you SMDF for the review! Its sometimes difficult to get reticle pics here, greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 1:18:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Is this the BDC reticle? Where did you see the LED dot referenced/pictured? I'm interested to see just how bright that dot is. Might be a better price alternative to a Razor 1-6.

Ty

Also, thank you SMDF for the review! Its sometimes difficult to get reticle pics here, greatly appreciated!
View Quote
It's the one with the "Hunter BDC" holds. Here's a video with the illumination.

You may want to consider the Delta Stryker 1-6. There's not a huge amount of information about it, but it's been getting decent reviews from the few who have bought it & it's daylight bright. Quite a bit lighter than the Razor too.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 7:31:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It's not, the circle IS the close Up reticle for fast, Dynamic Close quarter shooting at multiple targets. The center dot is for dialing up magnification at distance.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought I made it clear my main use for the scope is distance hence being drawn to the finely graduated mrad reticle.

I'm not sure what you're arguing, you literally just restated my last sentence in a different way.  I'm pretty sure we're agreeing.

Bottom line with this reticle, it's meant for either damn near point blank <25yds or distance.  If blasting 1x at short range is your thing, this reticle would not be ideal.

You seem steadfast on pointing out flaws I've already addressed multiple times.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 7:59:40 AM EDT
[#16]
is the Credo better or worse than the AccuPoint and AccuPower, or just rebranded?
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 8:28:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I've had scopes that could pass that test but still failed on more reflective targets when the sun was shining directly behind or in front of the scope. That said, it is still a good first-order test to see if it's even ballpark daylight visible.

IMHO, daylight bright is EVERYTHING with scopes that depend on a tiny floating center dot, especially FFP ones like the Credo. This is the Sig Tango6 FFP LPVO and Bushnell SMRS FFP's achilles heel, too. I really don't want to call the doughnut/circle of death a reticle fad, because it works great with proper illumination, but a lot of scope manufacturers seem to not understand that reticle design cannot be divorced from illumination capability. If I were being more cynical, I'd posit this is because most people buying them are not shooting on a timer...
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 10:15:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I've had scopes that could pass that test but still failed on more reflective targets when the sun was shining directly behind or in front of the scope. That said, it is still a good first-order test to see if it's even ballpark daylight visible.

IMHO, daylight bright is EVERYTHING with scopes that depend on a tiny floating center dot, especially FFP ones like the Credo. This is the Sig Tango6 FFP LPVO and Bushnell SMRS FFP's achilles heel, too. I really don't want to call the doughnut/circle of death a reticle fad, because it works great with proper illumination, but a lot of scope manufacturers seem to not understand that reticle design cannot be divorced from illumination capability. If I were being more cynical, I'd posit this is because most people buying them are not shooting on a timer...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.

I guess my view point is, even if the segmented circle was like looking into the sun brightness wise, to me it would still suck.  This is NOT the scope for someone who lives at 1x, which is ashame because optically they really nailed 1x.

The NX8 nails the segmented circle approach by shrinking it down to what appears as one solid dot at 1x.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 10:56:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:I guess my view point is, even if the segmented circle was like looking into the sun brightness wise, to me it would still suck.  This is NOT the scope for someone who lives at 1x, which is ashame because optically they really nailed 1x.

The NX8 nails the segmented circle approach by shrinking it down to what appears as one solid dot at 1x.
View Quote

The Razor Gen3 does this as well, and I don't think it's a coincidence. I am not super enamored of the de facto 5.5 MOA dot you wind up with, but it's "good enough" on the borderline use cases (150-200 on smaller targets) that you put up with it for that sweet 8-10x capability.

I can't believe there's not a way to make an FFP reticle that doesn't suck at 1x while not illuminated, but it doesn't seem like anyone's really cracked the code yet.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 1:21:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I agree.

I guess my view point is, even if the segmented circle was like looking into the sun brightness wise, to me it would still suck.  This is NOT the scope for someone who lives at 1x, which is ashame because optically they really nailed 1x.

View Quote

I'm not sure why you feel that a good 1x  LPVO is no good if it has a large segmented reticle. The Credo circle you have is 72.5MOA in width.
One of the most popular 1x CQB reticles on the planet (EOTECH) had a 65MOA circle.

The Credo's issue is not the segmented circle, it's the lack of daylight bright illumination.

That's the point I'm trying to make.

And it's been Trijicon's Achilles heel when it comes to LPVO's.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 5:19:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Thanks for the review! I was heavily considering this before buying my NX8, but the lack of information kept me away. I had asked in a few places and as you note, little/no information and little real hands on reviews.

I love the reticle as well in theory which was mainly why I considered it, and because I wanted something built like a tank. It's a bit astonishing that they cant nail daylight bright tho. What are your final thoughts? Going to keep it or sell it? I personally love using the larger segmented circle up close as opposed to a single dot, but that's all personal preference I suppose.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 6:54:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Thanks for the review! I was heavily considering this before buying my NX8, but the lack of information kept me away. I had asked in a few places and as you note, little/no information and little real hands on reviews.

I love the reticle as well in theory which was mainly why I considered it, and because I wanted something built like a tank. It's a bit astonishing that they cant nail daylight bright tho. What are your final thoughts? Going to keep it or sell it? I personally love using the larger segmented circle up close as opposed to a single dot, but that's all personal preference I suppose.
View Quote

I'll keep it.  The reticle is great for distance which is where I mostly shoot.  The optics and eye box are as good as the razor.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 7:35:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You may want to consider the Delta Stryker 1-6. There's not a huge amount of information about it, but it's been getting decent reviews from the few who have bought it & it's daylight bright. Quite a bit lighter than the Razor too.
View Quote

HUGE THANK YOU! That is definitely daylight bright (the camera tends to dim it a little, so its probably even brighter). Sheesh why is it so hard to find good videos or pics of reticles? Its like someone mentioned earlier, if illumination sucks most people won't post a picture of it

Rebel, thanks again for posting pics and for your opinions. We need more data in this forum.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 8:19:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Can I ask why you dislike BDC reticles so much?
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 8:22:52 PM EDT
[#25]
I have a 1-4 credo. Seems well built with clear glass nice reticle and bright illumination.

Sturdy.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 8:27:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Can I ask why you dislike BDC reticles so much?
View Quote

Because I'd rather know my dope and hold rather than kentucky windage it around the BDC.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 9:22:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I have a 1-4 credo. Seems well built with clear glass nice reticle and bright illumination.

Sturdy.
View Quote

Which reticle?
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 8:58:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Because I'd rather know my dope and hold rather than kentucky windage it around the BDC.
View Quote

Here's what I'll say about a good BDC scope: it can be awesome if you're willing to build the gun and ammo selection around it. I was shooting out to 460 at a match recently and it was simply glorious to find that 4.5 hash and nail the 460 on the first shot. No trying to remember four different holds or whatever... just target distance. Given how much brainpower you lose when that timer goes off, simplicity is a virtue in my mind... doubly so if I thought someone was going to be returning fire.

If you'd rather do gun and ammo first and then make the scope accommodate your choices, yeah, BDC may not be a great choice unless you get lucky and things naturally line up. I don't use BDC scopes on a number of guns for that very reason. But much like FFP vs SFP... even though I have personal preferences, the end goal is maximum efficiency for how I think they're likely to be used.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 9:25:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Here's what I'll say about a good BDC scope: it can be awesome if you're willing to build the gun and ammo selection around it. I was shooting out to 460 at a match recently and it was simply glorious to find that 4.5 hash and nail the 460 on the first shot. No trying to remember four different holds or whatever... just target distance. Given how much brainpower you lose when that timer goes off, simplicity is a virtue in my mind... doubly so if I thought someone was going to be returning fire.

If you'd rather do gun and ammo first and then make the scope accommodate your choices, yeah, BDC may not be a great choice unless you get lucky and things naturally line up. I don't use BDC scopes on a number of guns for that very reason. But much like FFP vs SFP... even though I have personal preferences, the end goal is maximum efficiency for how I think they're likely to be used.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't do timer driven matches.

I generally shoot all 77gr match stuff - my holds are remarkably close across a range of barrel lengths.  Does it slow me down thinking "where's my hold for 3/4/500?" of course.  However, every time I've shot with a BDC it takes me even longer.  Throw wind into the equation at 500yds out of an 11.5 barrel and I'm dialing elevation and holding wind.

Is it right?  Who the hell knows.  It's where I'm comfortable until I learn otherwise.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 9:34:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Which reticle?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sturdy.

Which reticle?

SFP segmented BDC red illumination
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 10:17:31 AM EDT
[#31]
How's the eye relief, I hate the razor 1-6 eye relief.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 10:27:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

I really have no comments on the eye relief good or bad.  I just mount the scope where it needs to be and I'm done with it.

If you're referring to eyebox, it's very forgiving.  Feels more forgiving at 6x than a razor at 6x, which is odd being FFP.  Then again, I thought the razor 1-10 was surprisingly forgiving at 10x too.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 10:42:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Too much eye relief on the Razor? My 1-6x SFP Credo has good but not razor like IMO.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 10:52:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I'm not sure why you feel that a good 1x  LPVO is no good if it has a large segmented reticle. The Credo circle you have is 72.5MOA in width.
One of the most popular 1x CQB reticles on the planet (EOTECH) had a 65MOA circle.

The Credo's issue is not the segmented circle, it's the lack of daylight bright illumination.

View Quote
With the segmented circle reticle I feel like daylight bright isn't needed. Its like a black Eotech unilluminated, but even at max brightness its still usable like its a red dot IMO. The lighter weight over scopes such as the XTR II, PST 1-6x and Razor is more important to me. I also got mine for under $700 so its pretty much near PST II territory for me and to that it compares well IMO. Maybe lacking that "nuclear brightness" but still very good.

I find myself liking my T2+3xc better for the around a lb of weight total. (I only have 300 meter max range to shoot at too). Adding a can and flashlight and you're looking at a 9-10 lb gun with a loaded Pmag. Thats not bad for a 16" with a can IMO.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 11:20:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Thanks for the review.  I've been considering this scope but it's hard to
find info on it.  

I'm looking for a LPVO to put on a AR for coyote hunting.  For hunting the
scope would mostly be used in the 3-6 range with the option to turn it
down to 1x for a very close shot.

I was leaning towards SFP.  I'm curious about the FFP scopes but no one
ever post photos of the reticle in the mid range where I would most likely
use it the most.  I'm curious how usable the reticle is in the 3-4x range.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 12:51:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

find info on it.  

View Quote

I'll get some pictures up today for you.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 12:55:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
With the segmented circle reticle I feel like daylight bright isn't needed. Its like a black Eotech unilluminated, but even at max brightness its still usable like its a red dot IMO. The lighter weight over scopes such as the XTR II, PST 1-6x and Razor is more important to me. I also got mine for under $700 so its pretty much near PST II territory for me and to that it compares well IMO. Maybe lacking that "nuclear brightness" but still very good.

I find myself liking my T2+3xc better for the around a lb of weight total. (I only have 300 meter max range to shoot at too). Adding a can and flashlight and you're looking at a 9-10 lb gun with a loaded Pmag. Thats not bad for a 16" with a can IMO.
View Quote

I'm with ya... My point was(and still is) that if the Credo had true daylight Illumination, it would be EOTECH like a 1X and then make the transition to precision with the smaller center dot beyond 100 yds.

Just like my Burris 1-5

I know I'm in a small camp, but my experience is and always has been, that if a LVPO does not have a daylight bright reticle, then it defeats the purpose of a LVPO in the first place (Look at the S&B Short dot, the grand daddy of LVPO's)

Lots of folks make claims that the Trijicons are daylight bright and then they add the caveat "To Me") and then later on they back away from the claim and follow it up with "I don't use Illumination anyhow", so now it's not that important to them.

Which is basically admitting that there initial claim of daylight bright was false.

I get it... everyone has a perception... and there is no metric that you can use to determine what makes one daylight bright vs. the other.

But if you use an Aimpoint as the benchmark, you have a little bit of a yard stick to measure by.

and I have not seen any Trijicon marketing anywhere that makes the claim of Daylight bright illumination.

No Slam on the OP, he's just giving his opinion based on his perception.

and I'm giving mine... that's how a discussion works...
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 2:10:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

That ^
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 2:11:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

There going for the 65MOA Circle of an EOTECH. Which many prefer at CQB distances.
You place the circle center of mass on a chest and boom... But there is no bottom with a hash mark like the EOtech reticle or the Vortex UH-1
Which you can use as an offset index for accuracy (read, head shots) within 10 yds.

Again, it's like no one at Trijicon seems to know anything about reticle design and CQB... they do not put any thought into the thinks like design of the reticle for off set, close in work... and don't seem to care about daylight bright.

As I have often said, they are lazy and fat on Gov contracts for ACOGs.. even the MRO was nothing more then a an attempt to mimic Aim points and they thought it would sell if they had a larger tube, which really makes no difference on a 1x as only one eye is looking thru it, the other is on the target, and the brain does the rest.

If you are using a 1X properly, you are looking thru and past the optic and onto the target-reticle, shape/design of the tube has little bearing on that.
View Quote

But also this ^
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 6:37:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

find info on it.  

View Quote

I’ll try to help you out in a different thread, I don’t want to hijack this one with a bunch of different reticle pics that are not 1-6 credo
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 10:51:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I’ll try to help you out in a different thread, I don’t want to hijack this one with a bunch of different reticle pics that are not 1-6 credo
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

find info on it.  

I saw your new thread.  Thanks, that helps!
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 1:50:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I know I'm in a small camp, but my experience is and always has been, that if a LVPO does not have a daylight bright reticle, then it defeats the purpose of a LVPO in the first place (Look at the S&B Short dot, the grand daddy of LVPO's)

View Quote
Inclined to agree. I'm rather surprised when I let people try out my Elcan and they turn the illumination below daylight bright levels for 1x use; they don't make this for bench plinking, ya know?
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 5:20:38 PM EDT
[#43]
I understand the concerns on daylight bright.

However, when looking at optics and performance,

I tend to rely on them more at the marginal times of dawn and dusk and overcast Times when I am most likely to take a shot in the field.

For competition there are probably better options, but for all around sun up to sun down, the lens clarity, light gathering and ruggedness is really hard to beat.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 7:25:56 PM EDT
[#44]
I don’t particularly care for how many names, models and variations of credo there are, but I am liking the new reticles like the 1-6 segmented circle and 308 bdc with red dot. I think after some car repairs and optics sales I might try a 1-6. Most of what I’m reading is positive ... I really like the weight and quality
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 8:17:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I understand the concerns on daylight bright.

However, when looking at optics and performance,

I tend to rely on them more at the marginal times of dawn and dusk and overcast Times when I am most likely to take a shot in the field.

For competition there are probably better options, but for all around sun up to sun down, the lens clarity, light gathering and ruggedness is really hard to beat.
View Quote

If you looking for a hunting scope, there are better ones. LVPO's by nature are geared toward a purpose. Combining and Aimpoint/EOTECH for close up to allowing some distance in the range past  yds.

And if your going to mimic the first part(Close up) then you better be daylight bright, otherwise you're just a run of the mill variable power hunting optic that's pretending to be a LPVO.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 1:18:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'd be more interested to hear about this. Is that reticle not what people here consider daylight bright? I'm super interested in this scope; ticks all the boxes: optical clarity, lightweight, etc.

I'd buy the Razor 1-6 but it's a full 3+ oz heavier than the Credo, and to me weight is one of my primary considerations.

This would be mounted on an 11.5" SBR. Thoughts?
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 7:17:04 PM EDT
[#47]
They’re “daylight visible” so you see red, it’s not nuclear bright where it blooms too much. You can still see them, Harv just hates Trijicon, I like Trijicon a lot and have a lot of Trijicon optics. The 1-8 Accupower’s and 1-8 vcog are bright enough to me. I wouldn’t mind getting a 1-6 version to save weight on some carbines I plan to build. My buddy just put a accupoint 1-6 on a mk18 of his. I think the 1-6 on a 11.5 could be useful. Usually I think something that short would wear a red dot but if you have a good barrel like a noveske or Triarc then why not use the extra magnification to get that accuracy potential.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 7:28:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
They’re “daylight visible” so you see red, it’s not nuclear bright where it blooms too much. You can still see them, Harv just hates Trijicon, I like Trijicon a lot and have a lot of Trijicon optics. The 1-8 Accupower’s and 1-8 vcog are bright enough to me. I wouldn’t mind getting a 1-6 version to save weight on some carbines I plan to build. My buddy just put a accupoint 1-6 on a mk18 of his. I think the 1-6 on a 11.5 could be useful. Usually I think something that short would wear a red dot but if you have a good barrel like a noveske or Triarc then why not use the extra magnification to get that accuracy potential.
View Quote

What Harv hates is people who claim something is daylight bright when it clearly is not....

And how would you know what me feelings for Trijicon are?

Link Posted: 10/18/2020 10:51:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

@Harv24

I agree with this assessment.  What I could never figure out is why Trijicon could not make the reticle brighter, they have the technology, they make a LED ACOG....

I have a Accupower 1-4 and 1-8, the 1-8 is actually a little better at daylight bright.  I had a 1-4 in green and it was worst than the red.  

As far as optics and clarity, the Accupower/Creedo are good, just work on the reticle

And yes thanks for the review

Link Posted: 10/26/2020 6:44:11 PM EDT
[#50]
So,  would you consider more from the credo line up?

Really like the idea of the 2-10x36 for my "Holland" upper
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top