Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/25/2020 6:27:59 PM EDT
Hello,
I've been pondering weather to attempt the install of an AR15 trigger kit because the complete drop in trigger groups ( like Timney) are rather expensive.
I would like to know if someone has some good insight into doing this and what they suggest.
I've looked at the Taylor Tactical kits and have seen what LaRue offers(out of stock)  and would like to know your experiences.
Your insight is much appreciated.
Thanks all.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 6:50:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Love my Hiperfire.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 6:53:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Centirion arms just started offering a match trigger made by schmidt for 100 bucks , i ordered one already. There easy to install watch a youtube video and pay attention to where your springs are , itll take you 10 mins maybe
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 7:00:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Ill give it a check.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 7:37:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Wait for a LaRue. Best value ever.

Link Posted: 5/25/2020 8:10:43 PM EDT
[#5]
In my view upgrading the trigger is money well spent. I also believe the stock trigger is a fully functional trigger and they aren't all that bad. Anyone that has shot an SKS knows what a truly awful trigger feels like. But for a little money you can have a trigger that breaks far cleaner than a stock mil-spec trigger. If that matters to you then it is worth considering

As far as what some trigger kit will do it is hard to say. What is in that particular kit? What is claimed by the manufacturer?

A trigger kit isn't where I would spend the money. I would live with the stock trigger or spend the $80-$100 on a Larue, hiperfire, rock river, rise armament or similar. Lot of "good" triggers can be found for less than $100 on sale.

Good luck. If you try the kit let us know how it all worked out and if it was worth it to you.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 9:16:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wait for a LaRue. Best value ever.

View Quote
True. But a Rock River two stage NM is a close second. I own and use both. When I compare them side-by-side I cannot tell the difference between the two.

A good place to pick up a Rock River:

Legal Transfers

Link Posted: 5/25/2020 10:03:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes I plan on ordering from LaRue when they become available.  I am also trying the Taylor Tactical and doing a polishing job too.  Well see and I will post results .
Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 10:37:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yes I plan on ordering from LaRue when they become available.  I am also trying the Taylor Tactical and doing a polishing job too.  Well see and I will post results .
Thanks.
View Quote

If you wait until they become available you may never get one.  Order it and wait if you want a Larue.  It sucks, but well worth it.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 10:59:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Geissele or go home.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 12:08:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Geissele or go home.
View Quote

its Geissele for me as well.   I use the SSAE
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 2:09:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Great.  Thanks  checking them out.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 2:10:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 4:24:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Love my Hiperfire.
View Quote

Ditto!
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 9:02:49 PM EDT
[#14]
What about cmc?
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 7:10:12 PM EDT
[#15]
I’ve got a cmc, rra, and geissele. Geissele gets the nod. To be fair, the rra and geissele are 2-stage, which is my preference. The cmc is not bad for a 1stage, its a drop in unit so thats convenient for installation but I just like and use the 2-stage more. To be objective, haven’t felt AR Gold, LaRue, or any of the newer offerings out there.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 7:38:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Love my Hiperfire.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 8:01:41 PM EDT
[#17]
I have installed a few Larue MBT-2 triggers without any problems, and they work great.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 9:06:20 PM EDT
[#18]
I am cheap, and I also believe that one should be able to shoot a gun with a middle-ish trigger well and ones "beater" practice gun should not have the best trigger.  Your DMR should have your best trigger followed shortly by your fighting carbine.

I own one hyperfire trigger - it's in my fighting carbine lower and is setup for hard primer Commy ammo with a good trigger pull and can thus run any of my uppers with any ammo including the bottom of the barrel stuff.

I own one of those $200-ish drop in cartridge triggers, can't remember exactly which one.  But it is the unit used in the original WWSD project that InRangeTV did.  That is in my DMR lower.

Everything else I went with either the PSA EPT trigger or the equivalent from RightToBear.  And a couple of lowers still floating around with base line GI triggers.

My main practice/training lower is PSA EPT.  I really like those, I think it's the best option for what I want and is worth the extra $10-to-$20 to purchase the PSA lower build parts kits that come with EPT rather then standard GI.  Not leaving RightToBear out, there's is just as good, and when I don't need a full lower build parts kit I usually pick up their equivalent.  They usually have just that alone or in a basic lower parts kit in stock as apposed to a full lower build kit with MagPul MOE furniture kit like PSA offers that go on such good sales that I try to snatch up when I can.

P.S. = The first semi-auto rifle I ever owned and put thousands of rounds through and even trained and competed with was an SKS.  So, yah, the previous posters comment about SKS triggers.  If you practice with them you can shoot well even with them and it will really help you shoot better when you get a gun with a good trigger.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 10:15:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks .
All good information.
Will be making a choice soon and will post back after the range practice.
Much appreciate the input.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 11:16:26 PM EDT
[#20]
I like G triggers, but for the money, I’m mostly using Larue.  Just not enough difference to me between the two.

I’ve also bought an ALG recently but don’t have much time behind it.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 1:22:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
What about cmc?
View Quote

Played with one in the LGS, nice trigger.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:55:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Just order an MBT. You’ll have it in a week or two.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 12:44:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Love my Hiperfire.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 6:46:46 AM EDT
[#24]
CMC
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 8:30:40 AM EDT
[#25]
I prefer Geissele, I don't have a rifle without either an SSA-E or an SD-E in it... Other than switching out collapsible stocks, installing triggers is the easiest thing you can do on an AR.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 9:13:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I have installed a few Larue MBT-2 triggers without any problems, and they work great.
View Quote

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top