Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 1:46:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That spikes group is terrible for 25 yards also, FWIW.  Might be something with the upper or optic after all.
View Quote

The spikes group is 3 distinct 3-shot groups. Why is this such a difficult concept?
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 1:55:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I know exactly the quality of his build.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So no one really knows the quality of the build…

I know exactly the quality of his build.

How?  Did you send each part to a dimensional lay out lab and determine how close to the nominal tolerance they may be.  Sounds like your buddy is a hot head.

Your buddy buys a part that was manufactured on an engineered process with QC points.  It leaves the facility and your buddy does “god knows what” to it and declares it defective and you wonder why you get this reaction…

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 2:06:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The spikes group is 3 distinct 3-shot groups. Why is this such a difficult concept?
View Quote

Did 2 of the bullets go in previous holes?
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 2:09:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Try different ammo. Preferably something known for accuracy like 69gr or 77gr SMK.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/9/2021 2:38:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Inb4 Triarc signs in and creates a meme lower.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 2:51:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Lol at nobody being able to read and getting defensive. If I bought a part and was pretty sure it was defective I wouldn’t want to send my entire upper in with it, for who knows how long. I think it’s completely reasonable to ask for them to verify their product is in spec. They don’t mount the barrels and test fire them before sale right? So obviously they can check QC somehow.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 3:04:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

In many industries, once you took a tool to it, the situation goes from being their fault to being your fault, by you breaking the warranty seal so to speak. Not saying it’s right or even how this company will handle the issue but it is a distinct possibility. Right to repair is a struggle, check out John Deere for others in the same boat.

I would not be eager to do you favors with the tone of your last response to them. Yes, they may have screwed up, but then you took matters into your own hands rather than giving them an opportunity to remedy. And now you’re unwilling to restore the product to the as-bought condition while still expecting free service. This is exacerbated by the fact you expect them to pay return shipping, which is not the norm on an allegation of defect.

I would wager that if you would have returned the upper as bought on your dime in keeping with convention, and as they originally requested, you would probably find perfectly acceptable customer service.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was nothing unreasonable about wanting them to take their clearly defective product back for their own examination. You'll note in not one single email I sent did I demand a replacement/refund/gift cards/coupons/back patting, I wanted them to inspect it because it grouped minute of football at 25 yards. I replaced their part and only their part and got completely night and day results, and showed them. I'd love to hear how any of what my end of the exchange was is unreasonable.

In many industries, once you took a tool to it, the situation goes from being their fault to being your fault, by you breaking the warranty seal so to speak. Not saying it’s right or even how this company will handle the issue but it is a distinct possibility. Right to repair is a struggle, check out John Deere for others in the same boat.

I would not be eager to do you favors with the tone of your last response to them. Yes, they may have screwed up, but then you took matters into your own hands rather than giving them an opportunity to remedy. And now you’re unwilling to restore the product to the as-bought condition while still expecting free service. This is exacerbated by the fact you expect them to pay return shipping, which is not the norm on an allegation of defect.

I would wager that if you would have returned the upper as bought on your dime in keeping with convention, and as they originally requested, you would probably find perfectly acceptable customer service.

I understood this to say that he DID NOT BUY a complete upper. He bought a barrel. Why do they also need his expensive upper to determine if the barrel is or is not in spec? I dont want to send my $1000 upper to a company that I bought a $200 barrel from b/c the barrel is shooting horrible groups. Thats ridiculous. Do you have any idea how often packages are lost in shipping?! Have you ever had to file a claim on one of those lost packages??
The OP is 100% right. They get THEIR product back.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 3:06:58 PM EDT
[#8]
OP did his due diligence as a customer to demonstrate and isolate the issue and was cordial, but firm.

Those suggesting sending his complete upper, with his premium nonTriarc parts, for accuracy diagnosis is retarded. He reasonably proved that it's that specific barrel that has issues. It's one single nut tightened to a wide spec, not a swiss watch or a some track car. One nut.

Those suggesting burning match ammo to evaluate a shit barrel is a waste when M193 may be the most prolific round to generally benchmark off of.

Don't tell me about strict quality control processes when all they're doing is taking a Fedex delivery from their barrel manufacture, stuffing an invoice and stickers inside a smaller box before pushing it out the door.

Posters bending over backwards here to defend this boutique assembler is completely unsurprising. I'll be equally unsurprised when Triarc fades out of the commercial market a year from now.

Undoubtedly, every MFG advertising above has let a bad product slip through the cracks, and they swap it and move on. Problem solved.

All Triarc had to do was send a new barrel and return label and shut the fuck up. Apparently that's too difficult when you run a hype beast company.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 3:11:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I mean the following as equitably as possible but Triarc's initial request was not unreasonable. This is akin to chain of custody, at this point the barrel has been assembled, shot, and disassembled without any verification of skill involved.  The proof you provided is purely on the basis of your word, which to them is an unknown quantity. I'm not saying you're untrustworthy mind. They have no idea without the upper in hand if it was assembled correctly as you described or if it is grouping like the photos you provided. Regardless they should exercise better reading comprehension with the second email and offer to take a look at the barrel by itself though.
View Quote

Is it not possible for them to check out a barrel without having someone else's high dollar upper?? I dont get why so many are agreeing with TRIARC. If I buy a touchscreen DVD head unit for my $100,000 car and it doesn't work after install, I'm not shipping them my $100,000 car. Ive installed a dozen or more headunits and never a hiccup. Im shipping them the head unit. If they say it works then I'm happy and have eliminated a likely variable and can now track down less likely variables.
Are you guys trying to be confrontational or are you unapologetic fan boys? Every company messes up. How you deal with potential issues is where your reputation is earned.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 3:13:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Inb4 Triarc signs in and creates a meme lower.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 3:29:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Eh, this is on Triarc. The only component they have any right to inspect is their own barrel. If they're so paranoid about fit/parts, don't sell the barrels as loose parts. This would have been resolved by sending out a prepaid label and replacing OP's barrel with another. If OP has more problems, it'd be obvious there's something going on with his build.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 3:32:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Have Chris call me
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 3:32:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
OP did his due diligence as a customer to demonstrate and isolate the issue and was cordial, but firm.

Those suggesting sending his complete upper, with his premium nonTriarc parts, for accuracy diagnosis is retarded. He reasonably proved that it's that specific barrel that has issues. It's one single nut tightened to a wide spec, not a swiss watch or a some track car. One nut.

Those suggesting burning match ammo to evaluate a shit barrel is a waste when M193 may be the most prolific round to generally benchmark off of.

Don't tell me about strict quality control processes when all they're doing is taking a Fedex delivery from their barrel manufacture, stuffing an invoice and stickers inside a smaller box before pushing it out the door.

Posters bending over backwards here to defend this boutique assembler is completely unsurprising. I'll be equally unsurprised when Triarc fades out of the commercial market a year from now.

Undoubtedly, every MFG advertising above has let a bad product slip through the cracks, and they swap it and move on. Problem solved.

All Triarc had to do was send a new barrel and return label and shut the fuck up. Apparently that's too difficult when you run a hype beast company.
View Quote

The lack of knowledge in regard to what variables can have an effect on accuracy is astonishing.

Also worth noting, none of us in this thread can know the variables with OPs issue regardless of how much info he writes in this post. Triarc offered to take his entire upper and investigate all the variables. Only a fool would refuse to have a professional company look over their home build, because the fool thinks he has nothing left to learn.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 3:39:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Eh, this is on Triarc. The only component they have any right to inspect is their own barrel. If they're so paranoid about fit/parts, don't sell the barrels as loose parts. This would have been resolved by sending out a prepaid label and replacing OP's barrel with another. If OP has more problems, it'd be obvious there's something going on with his build.
View Quote

Open your own business then and replace or refund all your customers stuff for free without properly evaluating if your product was faulty

Let us know how realistic it is after you go bankrupt
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 3:58:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Open your own business then and replace or refund all your customers stuff for free without properly evaluating if your product was faulty

View Quote

He’s simply asking them to properly evaluate if their product was faulty. You’re the one doing mental gymnastics to try and flip that into something way more involved then it needs to be.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 3:58:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol, give me a fucking break. Why should Triarc get OP's parts with an open-ended timeline? Building an AR isn't rocket science. It sounds from his post that he put it together correctly. Do they want the optic and his mount, too? It just became more expensive for them by not replacing the barrel.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 4:01:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The lack of knowledge in regard to what variables can have an effect on accuracy is astonishing.

Also worth noting, none of us in this thread can know the variables with OPs issue regardless of how much info he writes in this post. Triarc offered to take his entire upper and investigate all the variables. Only a fool would refuse to have a professional company look over their home build, because the fool thinks he has nothing left to learn.
View Quote

Please, enlighten us with your vast knowledge.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 4:03:20 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

"A fool and his money upper are soon parted."

Didn't you see in the CIOs response that they had not received an an accuracy complaint in the past year except a single instance which turned out to be the ammo related.
Golly! I would think maintaining that perfect 100% track record would be priceless and getting that barrel back in their hands for an autopsy would be priority numero uno.
Not even the big dogs are that good.

And yes, there truly is something special in those magical employee arms turning a torque wrench on a barrel nut for minimum wage.

Quoted:

Hey man, if Tri-arc is barely hanging on financially that a warranty replacement barrel takes them under, not sure I'd be mailing them my more even more costly parts.
I've never met OP and this is the first I've seen his username. Do you have any affiliation, if any, with Tri-arc?
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 4:15:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The only thing I will say is that there is a slight chance there is something going on with the entire upper when assembled that they may not be able to reproduce with the barrel alone assembled with different parts.  Could be anything, really, the muzzle threads, barrel extension diameter, tolerance issue with the bolt/barrel.  All things that may not present themselves with a different barrel or with your Triarc barrel assembled with different parts.

If they take the barrel back in all by itself and don’t find any issues with it, that leaves them in a situation of not being able to tell you what’s actually going on and you thinking they’re lying to get out from under a warranty claim.

The fact that you’re already coming at this thinking they’re going to damage your upper trying to blame something else combined with the tone of your emails leads me to believe that you’d be a difficult customer to work with, and I’d guess they’ve come to the same conclusion.  So…..good luck.  I don’t see their request for the complete upper as being unreasonable at all.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 4:29:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@sdrake100
OP is the expert. You are asking the wrong dude brah

@Noctis logic: Noctis must be affiliated with a rival company
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 4:31:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Classic 19'er move. Shift the blame when you were the one making outrageous claims.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 4:33:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Classic 19'er move. Shift the blame when you were the one making outrageous claims.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/9/2021 5:01:31 PM EDT
[#23]
People arguing in this thread have put more effort in to resolving the issue than OP has
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 5:33:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Ton of people on arfcom can't read. The pic you quoted there with my hand in it is the Triarc group. The group of 9 on the dope target with squares on it is 3 separate groups of 3 walking in an optic zero. Shoot 3, adjust optic, shoot 3, adjust, was money on the third group.

I don't know what I expected, of course this forum will want to bootlick companies that treat their customers like imbeciles.
View Quote

In my defense, I own no triarc products or have any interest in "bootlicking" (is that even an applicable term here?) for them.

My mistake for not picking up on that detail, but that's something you probably should have emphasized or reiterated, or alternatively just shot a fresh target or marked your groups.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 5:35:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Is it not possible for them to check out a barrel without having someone else's high dollar upper?? I dont get why so many are agreeing with TRIARC. If I buy a touchscreen DVD head unit for my $100,000 car and it doesn't work after install, I'm not shipping them my $100,000 car. Ive installed a dozen or more headunits and never a hiccup. Im shipping them the head unit. If they say it works then I'm happy and have eliminated a likely variable and can now track down less likely variables.
Are you guys trying to be confrontational or are you unapologetic fan boys? Every company messes up. How you deal with potential issues is where your reputation is earned.
View Quote

What I said is I understand a company wanting to have all possible variables to examine end ended my post saying they should have taken a look at the barrel. It's the sentence where I said Triarc should have exercised better reading comprehension coincidentally.  I think a primary pressure bearing part is also completely different ballpark than that analogy implies.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 5:38:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Ton of people on arfcom can't read. The pic you quoted there with my hand in it is the Triarc group. The group of 9 on the dope target with squares on it is 3 separate groups of 3 walking in an optic zero. Shoot 3, adjust optic, shoot 3, adjust, was money on the third group.

I don't know what I expected, of course this forum will want to bootlick companies that treat their customers like imbeciles.
View Quote

Yikes, being a douche gets you nowhere.

What's the crown look like?
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 5:40:26 PM EDT
[#27]

All 10 pages that fit in a single cell phone screenshot. Not one wasted word in the entire email that even ended in thank you.

Tell us again how you aren't a Triarc fanboy.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 5:42:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

I own my own business and take quality very seriously. If a customer provided the information I provided I would have his part replaced no further questions asked.

I didn't even ask for that. I asked for them to take it back and give me their opinion on it. Too hard of a concept for them and half this thread to understand I guess.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 5:44:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/SP7SkaI.png

"A fool and his money upper are soon parted."

Didn't you see in the CIOs response that they had not received an an accuracy complaint in the past year except a single instance which turned out to be the ammo related.
Golly! I would think maintaining that perfect 100% track record would be priceless and getting that barrel back in their hands for an autopsy would be priority numero uno.
Not even the big dogs are that good.

And yes, there truly is something special in those magical employee arms turning a torque wrench on a barrel nut for minimum wage.

Hey man, if Tri-arc is barely hanging on financially that a warranty replacement barrel takes them under, not sure I'd be mailing them my more even more costly parts.
I've never met OP and this is the first I've seen his username. Do you have any affiliation, if any, with Tri-arc?
View Quote

Finally, someone caught it. It took almost 75 replies before someone latched onto their outright arrogant opening reply to my level headed and well founded concern with their product.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 5:45:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

It’s taking Triarc almost a year to get products out they stated would take 10 weeks.  I wouldn’t trust giving them anything and expecting it back in any reasonable amount of time.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 5:50:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I own my own business and take quality very seriously. If a customer provided the information I provided I would have his part replaced no further questions asked.

I didn't even ask for that. I asked for them to take it back and give me their opinion on it. Too hard of a concept for them and half this thread to understand I guess.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. The negative pub alone isn’t worth it. You provided photo evidence.

I’d take the barrel back and test it. I’d treat it as high prio and over-communicate.  This would hopefully fix a problem and create a loyal customer.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 6:28:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

All 10 pages that fit in a single cell phone screenshot. Not one wasted word in the entire email that even ended in thank you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I think some people take forums too seriously.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 7:49:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not a single person here or elsewhere is stopping you from sending in your barrel to them. The issue isn’t resolved, and it appears you were pretty quick to trash them here.

Just don’t take things personal when your fellow forum members aren’t quick to throw tomatoes at a company without being in your shoes (knowing precisely what the scenario is).

Being that your barrel is 13.9, I find it interesting that we don’t even know how the muzzle device was attached such as P&Wed, or if the rifle was shot suppressed etc. No pictures posted of your assembled upper either. We (and Triarc) only know what you tell us, and much of that can be misunderstood if the information is not conveyed precisely.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 8:34:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It would have been reasonable to send them the assembly per their request.  

Did you conduct a DoE on the assembly?
View Quote

Hell no. I’d never send a component company an entire assembly of mine built with my own parts. OP demonstrated that he was competent enough to diagnose the issue and stated that he was not comfortable wearing out the barrel nut by reinstalling the Triarc barrel. Triarc could have taken the barrel back at the very least. If they’ve only received “one” accuracy complaint over the years, then it should be no skin off their nose to test this one barrel. Embarrassing on their part, especially given the multitude of quality barrel manufacturers out there these days.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 8:39:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Not a single person here or elsewhere is stopping you from sending in your barrel to them. The issue isn’t resolved, and it appears you were pretty quick to trash them here.

Just don’t take things personal when your fellow forum members aren’t quick to throw tomatoes at a company without being in your shoes (knowing precisely what the scenario is).

Being that your barrel is 13.9, I find it interesting that we don’t even know how the muzzle device was attached such as P&Wed, or if the rifle was shot suppressed etc. No pictures posted of your assembled upper either. We (and Triarc) only know what you tell us, and much of that can be misunderstood if the information is not conveyed precisely.
View Quote

Well actually Triarc is pretty specifically stopping me from sending the loose barrel. Its kind of the whole point of this thread

The brake wasn't pinned and welded, the rifle was not test fired suppressed. I was very detailed in what I sent them on purpose and omitted nothing. The manufacturer of the brake is not relevant as it was eliminated from suspicion by being run on a different rifle entirely as well as the re-assembled upper, both of which produced totally acceptable results.

Nothing you're asking for is relevant as everything was moved over to a different barrel and functioned fine. What is a picture of the assembled upper going to show? You're going to see an assembled upper receiver group.

You wanna support Triarc thats of no consequence to me but I have no idea what you're doing in this thread still.

Link Posted: 5/9/2021 8:42:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Hell no. I’d never send a component company an entire assembly of mine built with my own parts. OP demonstrated that he was competent enough to diagnose the issue and stated that he was not comfortable wearing out the barrel nut by reinstalling the Triarc barrel. Triarc could have taken the barrel back at the very least. If they’ve only received “one” accuracy complaint over the years, then it should be no skin off their nose to test this one barrel. Embarrassing on their part, especially given the multitude of quality barrel manufacturers out there these days.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It would have been reasonable to send them the assembly per their request.  

Did you conduct a DoE on the assembly?

I don’t think it is reasonable to expect that OP should have reassembled anything.

The question is, what situation dictated the disassembly of it in the first place before Triarc had the opportunity to offer their solution?

Where is the email from OP to Triarc: “I have an accuracy issue with one of your barrels. How would you guys like to proceed with the testing of it?”

Also, I don’t see any emails from Triarc saying: “we aren’t going to accept your barrel by itself”

Instead, dude just disassembled it and is pissed that they would have rather had the complete upper.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 8:46:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I don’t think it is reasonable to expect that OP should have reassembled anything.

The question is, what situation dictated the disassembly of it in the first place before Triarc had the opportunity to offer their solution?

Where is the email from OP to Triarc: “I have an accuracy issue with one of your barrels. How would you guys like to proceed with the testing of it?”

Also, I don’t see any emails from Triarc saying: “we aren’t going to accept your barrel by itself”

Instead, dude just disassembled it and is pissed that they would have rather had the complete upper.
View Quote

Triarc didn't build the upper nor supply a single other component for it. Of course I took it home and verified my own work and elected to replace the barrel given the data I was shown. I was rewarded with a proven functional rifle by doing so

Triarc should take the barrel in for inspection. Thats all I've asked them to do, its not an unreasonable request by any means.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 8:47:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Triarc didn't build the upper nor supply a single other component for it. Of course I took it home and verified my own work and elected to replace the barrel given the data I was shown. I was rewarded with a proven functional rifle by doing so

Triarc should take the barrel in for inspection. Thats all I've asked them to do, its not an unreasonable request by any means.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, they should. Why haven’t you sent it?
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 8:50:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why haven't they agreed to take it?
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 8:55:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They literally gave you their address to ship it.

Respectfully and as a forumbro, I mean this in good faith.... You sound like a child arguing that they should apologize to you first for hurting the feels.

(This is the type of stuff I want my own friends to tell me when I am being unreasonable. It happens when I’m hungry usually and I’m acting like a diva)
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 8:57:51 PM EDT
[#41]
No bad customer service experience from triarc, but I have a ‘lemon’ barrel from them. My 14.5 is average at best, shooting on par with my standard chrome lined BCM barrel. I know this is not the best they can do because I also have an 11.5 and was issued a complete 10.3 rifle. Both of the shorty’s shoot damn near any ammo under an inch.

I didnt even try to get it replaced as they were out of stock on barrels for the foreseeable future and I had already pinned it. It still shoots within milspec standards for m193 so whatever, just a waste considering how expensive the barrels are.

Bottom line, im a fan of the company but yes completely believable that they put out a shit barrel from time to time
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 9:00:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Respectfully and as a forumbro, I mean this in good faith.... You sound like a child arguing that they should apologize to you first for hurting the feels.

(This is the type of stuff I want my own friends to tell me when I am being unreasonable. It happens when I’m hungry usually and I’m acting like a diva)
View Quote

Triarc wants the entire upper, not just the barrel.  Thread starter has said multiple times he’s willing to send the barrel in for inspection and hasn’t demanded a refund or replacement at this point.

I wouldn’t send my entire upper in when I only bought a barrel from someone.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 9:01:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Show me where I asked for an apology or compensation of any kind

They want a complete upper. I don't do business on assumptions. I have an eye wateringly simple request and they are not interested thus far.

Considering they flat out ignored my last email requesting they accept the individual barrel I have no faith I'd have anything returned or any further communication regarding its status. If I wanted to throw it into the void I'd just throw it in the garbage and at least know where it went and I wouldn't be $20 further into a junk barrel.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 9:15:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

I understand them.

I sell 5,000 of a particular mower each year. I have 1 customer who buys 1 and the belt keeps falling off, after 2 weeks I swap his $2,600 mower out for a new one. 6 months later he complains the belts are still slipping. I won’t swap it out after 6 months and hundreds of hours of use. I sell 5,000 of this mower for 4 years and have 1 customer who can’t keep a belt on a mower. Customer puts me on blast on FB for not “owning up to the issue”.

First, there are about 20,000 of this mower out in the world, sold by my store, with belts still on them.

Second, the only two mowers that had issues were owned by this guy.

Third, I have margins above the industry average and expenses at the industry average. For every dollar I spend I need to sell twelve to cover the expense.

I’m not spending $2,600 on the guy who bought 2 out of 20,000 mowers that can’t keep a belt. ITS NOT MY PROBLEM, the problem is him. He should absolutely shop at my competitor, he should take up as much of their time as possible with his belt issues on his next mower.

If OP is 1 out of 2 customers to complain about quality and won’t cooperate, wants to take the “my way or the highway” approach and dictate terms from a position of “strength” with his strength being the power of a customer, he will lose.

We are all customers, anyone with a dollar can shop, it doesn’t make you God, it doesn’t give you strength.

By all means OP, take the highway, go buy a different barrel. Never shop there again. You won.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 9:20:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

They want a complete upper. I don't do business on assumptions. I have an eye wateringly simple request and they are not interested thus far.

Considering they flat out ignored my last email requesting they accept the individual barrel I have no faith I'd have anything returned or any further communication regarding its status. If I wanted to throw it into the void I'd just throw it in the garbage and at least know where it went and I wouldn't be $20 further into a junk barrel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’ll leave your thread if thats what you want. Last words...

You say you don’t operate on assumptions, yet you are assuming they read your last email. There are many customers that likely email them on a daily basis and they certainly may have overlooked your last email. The dude that sent you the address may have decided you had the info you need to send in whatever you want to send in.

You are assuming they denied you the opportunity to send in the barrel by itself. Not true, they never told you no. They are a reputable company and will check the barrel if you send it. They aren’t going to keep it indefinitely. What is to lose if you just said you are willing to throw it in the trash?

My last piece of advice:
Send the barrel with a note inside that says “I spoke to xxxxx via email. Sorry if I seemed a bit agitated in my last email, I had a long day at work. He gave me the address to send in the barrel to check for an accuracy issue. Thanks in advance for any help with the issue. Best regards”

If they come back and tell you nothing is wrong with it, you can then sell the barrel with a clean conscience. It wouldn’t bother me to buy it from you if you went through the process to get it checked out.

Link Posted: 5/9/2021 9:38:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I understand them.

I sell 5,000 of a particular mower each year. I have 1 customer who buys 1 and the belt keeps falling off, after 2 weeks I swap his $2,600 mower out for a new one. 6 months later he complains the belts are still slipping. I won’t swap it out after 6 months and hundreds of hours of use. I sell 5,000 of this mower for 4 years and have 1 customer who can’t keep a belt on a mower. Customer puts me on blast on FB for not “owning up to the issue”.

First, there are about 20,000 of this mower out in the world, sold by my store, with belts still on them.

Second, the only two mowers that had issues were owned by this guy.

Third, I have margins above the industry average and expenses at the industry average. For every dollar I spend I need to sell twelve to cover the expense.

I’m not spending $2,600 on the guy who bought 2 out of 20,000 mowers that can’t keep a belt. ITS NOT MY PROBLEM, the problem is him. He should absolutely shop at my competitor, he should take up as much of their time as possible with his belt issues on his next mower.

If OP is 1 out of 2 customers to complain about quality and won’t cooperate, wants to take the “my way or the highway” approach and dictate terms from a position of “strength” with his strength being the power of a customer, he will lose.

We are all customers, anyone with a dollar can shop, it doesn’t make you God, it doesn’t give you strength.

By all means OP, take the highway, go buy a different barrel. Never shop there again. You won.
View Quote

Thank you for your absurdly irrelevant anecdote. I didn't buy a complete rifle from them, I bought a single part that they sell and was able to provide a paper trail of what I did to resolve the problem I had and it began and ended with their part. I replaced it with a competitors part and my problem went away.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 10:04:14 PM EDT
[#47]
No longer technical. Just arguing.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top