Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2021 9:39:23 AM EDT
Just picked up a Triarc Track 2.0  16” 5.56 from Primary Arms. I had an extra bcg and upper sitting around and figured I would start a 16” build since I only have 14.5’s at the moment.

So how are they? They definitely sound great on paper. I read they have proper size gas ports and a couple reviews  touting their accuracy. Gotta decide on a rail as well. Thinking possibly 13” centurion or mcmr.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 9:59:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I just saw it this morning on their website. Never heard of them before, but the description sounds like a lot of hype. Hopefully it’s a good shooter. Please post results
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 10:03:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Triarc makes good stuff, OP has good taste in parts.

I mean its certainly some marketing involved but it's kinda like 5r rifle just another way to skin the cat but whatever the deal is they make good components and guns.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 10:04:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just saw it this morning on their website. Never heard of them before, but the description sounds like a lot of hype. Hopefully it’s a good shooter. Please post results
View Quote

Triarc is pretty well known for their rifles. Its a long wait list to get one. I am assuming their barrels are great as well so I went for it.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 11:24:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a Triarc 12.5" mid-length gas barrel and its an absolute hammer so far. I routinely shoot it at 2-gun matches and out to 500 yards. I do not have any complaints about its performance. so far I have approximately 2,500rds on it and its still sub-moa at about 3/4 or better moa.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 12:01:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have a Triarc 12.5" mid-length gas barrel and its an absolute hammer so far. I routinely shoot it at 2-gun matches and out to 500 yards. I do not have any complaints about its performance. so far I have approximately 2,500rds on it and its still sub-moa at about 3/4 or better moa.
View Quote

Nice! That’s what I wanted to hear. Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 12:32:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Looked at Triarc for a build;

All of my research (mostly ARF owners) have indicated they are quality shooters.

Link Posted: 2/11/2021 1:37:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Flex some more why don't ya?  LOL  I wanted to build an SBR around that barrel but they're never in stock so I went with 12.5" Criterion with carbine gas.  Still want to try out the Triarc though and see if velocity is any higher with the claims they make about the Track 2.0 rifling.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 2:41:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Yo, thanks for the heads up OP, been trying to track down a Triarc barrel for a while.  Didn’t want to backorder from their site cause who knows how long till it would ship.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 6:37:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Any info on the gas port sizes?
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 5:51:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I have one of their 13.9" barrels on my recce build. It's an absolute laser beam. Probably one of if not the most accurate rifles I've had/shot. Smooth shooting as well. Extremely low recoil.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:48:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Two 11.5" full uppers here, love them.

12.5" middy on the way...will love it too
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 9:35:08 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a 10.5 Triarc barrel. With a standard spring and H buffer it is the smoothest, softest recoiling setup I own or have ever owned at any length. Haven’t tested accuracy yet, but so far I love it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 5:02:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Any info on the gas port sizes?
View Quote

13.7 middy is .073 from a guy that measured on another forum.  They run them conservative which is how i prefer it
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:17:45 PM EDT
[#14]
I ended up getting a Triarc barrel when no barrels I wanted were available. I'm pleased with every thing about these barrels. The fit was snug in my Aero receiver and the BCM gas block lined up with the dimple and gas port. The accuracy is as good as my Faxon barrels and cleans up easily. I noticed I didn't get copper fouling. This may be from some of my loads being loaded with CFE223.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:33:33 PM EDT
[#15]
These are the sorts of barrels where you can feel how nice they are with how easy it is to run a patch through them and get them clean.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top