Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/17/2020 10:54:00 AM EDT
Trying to determine the total weight of the Maxim CQB Brace vs SBA3 vs SBA4.  

Anyone have the "total" weight calculated?  The Maxim Brace + Maxim Buffer Tube vs SBA3/4 with a standard buffer tube?
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 3:55:03 PM EDT
[#1]
this is a apples to apples as I can manage. The only difference is the sling mount is missing from the sba3, but that's maybe an oz.

I threw a bad lever on the other two so the weight is the same.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/15/2020 4:44:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Daggertt:
this is a apples to apples as I can manage. The only difference is the sling mount is missing from the sba3, but that's maybe an oz. 

I threw a bad lever on the other two so the weight is the same. 

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/435611/20200515_134732_jpg-1417137.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/435611/20200515_134818_jpg-1417139.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/435611/20200515_134805_jpg-1417140.JPG
View Quote

Man, I cannot tell you how much I appreciate you! This is exactly what I was looking for.... folks keep saying the Maxim CQB brace is so heavy. It looks like there’s not too much of a difference at the end of the day! Do you like your Maxim CQB? Thanks again.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 5:10:35 PM EDT
[#3]
it looks to be exactly 3oz heavier than the sba4.

do I like it? meh. if you're going for the shortest brace possible, maybe. but there's a "rip brace" floating around that I believe is the same length. it's a chopped down sba3 on a uciw tube. I'd probably go that route.

it's also cheaper.

the cost of the maxim brace is the biggest problem to me. some people go for the cheaper sb tactical version, but those people are stupid, since it's the same length as any other brace so what's the point of increased weight and poor cheek weld?

for a general brace I think my preference is the sba3, because it's lighter and I prefer the sling location. the sba4 looks better on a bigger gun, though. like this POF Rogue 308.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/15/2020 9:26:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Great info, thank you @Daggertt! I hadn't heard of the Rip Brace.  Nice looking POF and I agree the SBA4 looks great on bigger pistols!

Appreciate the help!
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 10:54:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 10:09:45 PM EDT
[#6]
My Maxim PDX came with their SCW brace, the shortest. My retro A2 carry handle PDW has a Law folder and SBA3 brace, with tuck mod.
Honestly, I probably prefer the latter, though a few ounces here or there doesn't matter to me.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top