Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/19/2020 11:56:35 PM EDT
Newbie.

I am building my first AR-15. I am hoping to build a 300 BLK SBR. My issue is getting the total length to get the NFA stamp. The barrel size I am looking at is 8.5. I have AP Gen 2 lower and upper receivers. But, I have not ordered a stock or buffer tube. Is there a standard carbine stock/buffer tube length? I am looking at Magpul Mil-Spec CTR, expandable stock. I have no idea what buffer tube, yet.

Any help on estimating the total length is greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 12:11:38 AM EDT
[#1]
You'll have to pick a receiver extension / recoil system.

If you use a standard carbine receiver extension and measure with the stock extended (If I recall correctly that's what the ATF wants) would be 27.75" with an 8.5" barrel.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 12:30:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Newbie.

I am building my first AR-15. I am hoping to build a 300 BLK SBR. My issue is getting the total length to get the NFA stamp. The barrel size I am looking at is 8.5. I have AP Gen 2 lower and upper receivers. But, I have not ordered a stock or buffer tube. Is there a standard carbine stock/buffer tube length? I am looking at Magpul Mil-Spec CTR, expandable stock. I have no idea what buffer tube, yet.

Any help on estimating the total length is greatly appreciated!
View Quote

Add 19-20" to your barrel length
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 11:33:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you for the reponses!
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top