Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2020 9:36:22 AM EDT
Greetings.  Does anyone have experience to share with toolcraft's bolts?  I am wanting to build on a Spikes Colt type lower and upper.

I currently run a stock Colt upper on a Spikes Colt lower and it is 100% reliable.
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 9:42:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I've got one in my 6.5 Grendel.  Works just fine, no issues.  Well made IMHO.
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 9:59:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've got one in my 6.5 Grendel.  Works just fine, no issues.  Well made IMHO.
View Quote

Thanks. Their AR15 bolts get good reviews, but their isn't a whole lot of feedback on their 9mm bolts.
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 12:02:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Toolcraft 9mm Nickel Boron bolt in my Glock based build. Good quality and functions perfectly.
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 3:27:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have a Toolcraft 9mm Nickel Boron bolt in my Glock based build. Good quality and functions perfectly.
View Quote

Thanks. It doesn’t look like they are widely used. I would use another colt bolt but I am on a budget for this build.
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 7:53:32 PM EDT
[#5]
anyone using a toolcraft 9mm bolt in a colt type build?
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 2:03:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
anyone using a toolcraft 9mm bolt in a colt type build?
View Quote

If you are on a budget, try one of these..........I have two and they work FM 9mm bolt group
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 2:55:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If you are on a budget, try one of these..........I have two and they work FM 9mm bolt group
View Quote

Thanks.  Looks like everyone is out of stock on the FM9 bolts so the Toolcraft is the the next closest in price

A highly respected AR9 smith located in Georgia says that they work ok, with maybe only a little extractor massaging needed.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 2:56:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Double tap
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 7:17:35 AM EDT
[#9]
So I ordered one.  The bolt looks really well made.  The only downside I can see is that it weighs in at 14.25 oz., two full ounces below my factory colt bolt.  

With a standard 5.6 oz. buffer i am right at 20 oz total reciprocating weight.  

Running a 11" barrel will that be enough?  Or at least a place to run it and see how it does?
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 10:05:14 AM EDT
[#10]
It is a little on the light side, but try it.  Buffers aren't too expensive so not a huge hit to get a 7.5 if it doesn't run.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 3:35:57 PM EDT
[#11]
That’s what I was thinking.   I have a call in to Toolcraft to see what their reasoning was for going so light.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top