Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/21/2018 10:33:42 PM EDT
I've been waiting forever to do my m16 A1 build.  The hold up is that ive been waiting forever for norrells moly resin in Gray/black flat to be in stock.  Is there a equivalent color from KG gunkote that also matches the period.  Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 10:39:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've been waiting forever to do my m16 A1 build.  The hold up is that ive been waiting forever for norrells moly resin in Gray/black flat to be in stock.  Is there a equivalent color from KG gunkote that also matches the period.  Any suggestions?
View Quote
Has anyone contacted Norell's to see what has caused the extended delay in getting this back in stock?
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 10:50:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I have not.  Perhaps I should.  I check pretty regularly but that is not to say it come back in stock and sold out before I checked again.  I've used kg gunkote and been happy I just thought I'd try norrells.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 6:52:55 AM EDT
[#3]
This is the 2nd thread in a week I've read about Norrells Moly-Resin Gray-Black Flat being on back order? I'm surprised no one has called or emailed them to find out hold up and give update.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 2:51:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I emailed Norrells and received a reply from John. Seems that someone bought all the flat grayish black coating he had for retro builds. Cleaned him out of every drop, as he said. He added that he should have more in a few weeks. We'll see, since I need some also. Looks like someone is hoarding this particular color. Or is using a lot of it....
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 3:39:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I emailed Norrells and received a reply from John. Seems that someone bought all the flat grayish black coating he had for retro builds. Cleaned him out of every drop, as he said. He added that he should have more in a few weeks. We'll see, since I need some also. Looks like someone is hoarding this particular color. Or is using a lot of it....
View Quote
How else do people get uppers and lowers to match perfectly when they are two different aluminum alloys - just saying....
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 3:53:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Forgot to mention that John said that a "manufacturer" purchased all he had. If we're competing with businesses for the coating, it might really become hard to get.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 3:56:27 PM EDT
[#7]
If a Manufacture bought it all up, sounds like there may be a newer player getting ready to start playing the restro game?  Hmmmm...
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 5:36:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If a Manufacture bought it all up, sounds like there may be a newer player getting ready to start playing the restro game?  Hmmmm...
View Quote
Maybe Brownell's?
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 8:14:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Not sure which manufacturer bought them out of it, or if it's even being used for firearms. I'll keep trying to purchase more, as Norrells is the closest I've found to actual hardcoat anodizing for retros without the expense.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 8:44:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Just like he did when buying ammunition for the Department of AGRICULTURE's new SMGs, Obama bought it all to horde from bitter clingers.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top