Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/4/2020 8:57:28 PM EDT
Saw this on GB, would love to have the front half but this looks like a good opportunity for an extended stay at Club Fed.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/863797613
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 9:01:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Nah...legally demilled.

Some ppl collect that stuff and it's ok.

Can't really do anything with it unless you're a master welder...owning that is perfectly kosher.

Link Posted: 4/4/2020 9:09:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I am well aware that it is perfectly legal in it's current form, however, I would hope the new owner could resist the temptation to find a quality welder and restore it to its' original splendor.  I'm sure there are more folks out there with the skills to do the job.  Lots of front half welds that we see examples of here on the forum.  Just sayin'.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 9:13:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Legal is legal.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 9:22:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Legal is legal.
View Quote

Front half/back half. Matters none.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 10:04:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I am well aware that it is perfectly legal in it's current form, however, I would hope the new owner could resist the temptation to find a quality welder and restore it to its' original splendor.  I'm sure there are more folks out there with the skills to do the job.  Lots of front half welds that we see examples of here on the forum.  Just sayin'.
View Quote

Would be easier to just drill a 3rd pin in an existing m16 cut lower...
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 10:57:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Would be easier to just drill a 3rd pin in an existing m16 cut lower...
View Quote

Oh my god!  There are drill bits out in my shop.  The humanity...

Paladin
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 8:24:33 PM EDT
[#7]

I bet a bunch of you own shoestrings too...

Link Posted: 4/7/2020 6:48:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Yeah, that doesn’t apply in this case since it was a demilled receiver and is no longer a firearm
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 1:38:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yeah, that doesn’t apply in this case since it was a demilled receiver and is no longer a firearm
View Quote

Well sure...just pointing out ridiculousness.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 10:57:27 AM EDT
[#10]
How long before this thread doesn't make any sense?  C'mon, post a picture so the guy searching this next year will understand.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 11:11:58 AM EDT
[#11]
It doesn’t even have the hammer hole
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:05:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
How long before this thread doesn't make any sense?  C'mon, post a picture so the guy searching this next year will understand.  

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/171243/Chop_jpg-1360295.JPG
View Quote

Good call lol
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 12:12:02 AM EDT
[#13]
These days they are usually crushed or torch cut.  If you are lucky you can get a roll mark to collect. Usually just small pieces.
But if saw cut was the standard at the time it was demilled then it's legal and collectible. I think it would be kind of an interesting paperweight/conversation piece. But the price it's selling for is a bit silly.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 1:06:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
These days they are usually crushed or torch cut.  If you are lucky you can get a roll mark to collect. Usually just small pieces.
But if saw cut was the standard at the time it was demilled then it's legal and collectible. I think it would be kind of an interesting paperweight/conversation piece. But the price it's selling for is a bit silly.
View Quote

Actually, a de-milled rear section like that would be very desirable to certain types, newer de-mills are not like that.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 1:15:01 AM EDT
[#15]
I know a guy that makes his living cutting, welding, and repairing aluminum motorcycle frames.  He also cuts beer cans in half with a bandsaw and re-welds them watertight before your eyes.  I'm pretty sure he would laugh at that.

That said there's much easier (and just as illegal) ways to go full-auto and book a vacation at Club Fed.

Neat paperweight, but not much else.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top