Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/5/2022 9:42:12 AM EDT
Mainly if I want to know if I can use this buttstock and adapter on the receiver that had the picatinny end to it?

This left folder

On this receiver...

Brownells receiver

I was thinking of going with a left folder so the rifle could be fired with the stock folded. Your thoughts is greatly appreciated...
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 10:27:40 AM EDT
[#1]
You'll be good with that setup.

That's the same stock and receiver I'm using for my BRN-180. Seems solid.

Only issue I have is it doesn't lock open. Kind of flops around when the stock is folded. However when unfolded, the stock is solid. Only time I use it folded is for transport.

The only complaint I have with this setup, which goes back to the designers, is the lack of a QD sling point on the receiver. SIG has it on their setups. This would have allowed for the stock to be folded and attach a sling. My work around is a classic Armalite pistol grip with a sling swivel and use a USGI sling setup. This replicates the classic AR-18(0) look, but not super convenient.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 11:17:53 AM EDT
[#2]
It looks like it locks open, it almost look FAL like. If it wobbles I don't want it. Is there something similar that you are aware of? I don't want or need QD attachments.  I kinda want something old school looking, close to a Para FAL look as I can get that works, left folding would be a plus but it not a must.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 11:40:36 AM EDT
[#3]
You can also get the picatinny stock adapter. You can use that on any AR15 lower receiver.

KNS Precision

Strike Industries
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 9:30:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I went with a MCX folder

Link Posted: 1/19/2022 8:46:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, I bought the lower and the DD sights. I’m torn between the Lage left folder or the original looking AR180 folding stock.  I’m going to get the upper in a month or so.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 9:54:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Could wait to see what the new Brownell's stock will look like. Supposed to be shown at Shot Show this week, but not sure when it will be ready for purchase.

Manticore Arms has a BRN-180 stock with a trap door rear plate for $180. Comes with a hinge from Midwest Industries.

Link Posted: 2/4/2022 4:28:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Try Gunbroker
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 6:14:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I really like the Midwest Industries folder.  If I ever get ambitious enough to get a 180, I'll likely go with that stock.

Midwest Folder

EDIT:
I just noticed that they have the upper and stock as a combo

BRN-180 w/ Stock.  The bottom two listings on the 180 product page.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 1:23:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Mainly if I want to know if I can use this buttstock and adapter on the receiver that had the picatinny end to it?

This left folder

On this receiver...

Brownells receiver

I was thinking of going with a left folder so the rifle could be fired with the stock folded. Your thoughts is greatly appreciated...
View Quote

Yes you can.  Although this is the Lage stock on a Nodak lower.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Or you can do this, Manticore Arms stock on Brownells lower.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 9:28:09 PM EDT
[#10]
That is sweet! As soon as I get some extra money I wil proceed, I’m not sure if I want to sbr it or go 16 inches….
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 12:36:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I really like the Midwest Industries folder.  If I ever get ambitious enough to get a 180, I'll likely go with that stock.

Midwest Folder

EDIT:
I just noticed that they have the upper and stock as a combo

BRN-180 w/ Stock.  The bottom two listings on the 180 product page.
View Quote
Get the Midwest folder you won't go wrong imho
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top