Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2021 3:23:35 PM EDT
I purchased 5 from Keltec a month ago. Loaded them with ammo yesterday. One immediately failed. The bottom plate popped out and when trying to refit it, the hook isn't grabbing. I called Keltec today and they are sending me a return envelope for a swap. I just looked at the other 4, and another one failed! Same issue. These are the 308 FAL mags.

You guys seeing the same issues? Anyway to fix it?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 6:02:44 PM EDT
[#1]
N/M
I didn't see the part about being FAL mags. My bad. I guess reading comprehension just isn't my thing...
To be fair though, you did post the question in an AR-15 Magazines forum.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 8:24:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 10:29:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thermold mags are junk. Buy surplus fal mags.

https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/FAL-20RD-STEEL-MAGAZINE-METRIC-p3322.htm
View Quote

This +1  Thermelt were never really considered a good mag even back in the day.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 11:20:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Back in 88' got issued 7 Thermold 30rd M16 mags in Germany (1/10th SF).  Worked for about 5 years then started having the spines split.  The plastic stripper clips were supposed to burn for a fuel source during survival.  Gave up on those mags long ago.  Won't even consider them for the FAL, too many good surplus mags out there.

CD
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top