Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/14/2020 9:39:58 PM EDT
I picked up a stripped SP1 CM upper online. It came with a small pin adapter for the large pivot pin hole. I had an A1 barrel. "MP Chrome Bore" marked. The barrel currently has an A2 bird cage on it. I have an A1 birdcage. I also have a type D stock. Just need the rifle receiver extension. I'll need to refinish the lower and slip ring to match the upper. A little at a time. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic. The colors look much closer than they really are.

Link Posted: 5/14/2020 9:53:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice project. Does your charging handle match? It looks like that might be black from your pic as well.  Be sure not to use a black lpk or buffer tube and you should be g2g! Nice 602/604ish rifle you got goin on there...
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 9:53:44 PM EDT
[#2]
it is, indeed, the start of something good. Looking great. Best wishes for a speedy conclusion...Bill
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 10:13:18 PM EDT
[#3]
The charging handle is indeed black. Another part for refinish.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 11:55:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks great so far!
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 12:42:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah you're definitely into something good!  Now let's time warp back to the day... 1964

"Woke up this mornin' feelin' fine
There's somethin' special on my mind
Last night I met a new girl in the neighborhood, whoa yeah
Somethin' tells me I'm into something good"

Now if you're a 602 kinda guy you'd want the original real deal song by Earl-Jean McCrea of The Cookies but if you're into the 604 maybe Youtube Herman's Hermits bubblegum knockoff!
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 3:07:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Would you mind telling us what the stripped upper cost?

Paladin
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 8:09:47 PM EDT
[#7]
$200 shipped.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top