Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Tacked The TOOL LOAN Thread (Page 5 of 7)
Page / 7
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 7:18:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Alright guys, first time ar builder here and before I dive in and spend the extra cash on some tools needed, I thought I would check here first. If anyone has the following available, I would be of great thanks for a brief borrow. I will gladly cover shipping both ways. I have 100% feedback in the EE, but will place a deposit if needed.

I am in need of the following:

Roll pin/punch set for LPK installation

Armorer's tool

Upper viceblock clamshell or reaction rod.

Torque bar for barrel nut installation.

Email is the best way to reach me. Thanks for looking!
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 12:15:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Hope this is the right place for this

I’m building a 1911. Already have all parts ,mostly Ed Brown. I bought the Kuhnhausen book and a caliper. I will purchase any files I need and basic items. If someone would loan me jigs, barrel alignment, lug fitting kit ...

I’ll pay for shipping, any damages shipping/use and return promptly. Let me know your use terms and compensation.

PM me
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 7:07:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Installing a gas block next weekend. Anybody got a dimpling jig? IM me if you do. Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 12:36:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Drivie] [#4]
If someone has a barrel nut wrench and barrel vise jaws for a Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 that I could borrow, I would really appreciate it.  Please send me a IM or email.

Thank you!
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 10:37:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JZpowered] [#5]
If anyone could Loan me some 5.56 NATO headspace gauges, preferably a GO and FIELD gauge I would greatly appreciate it.

A bolt vice would be awesome too if possible.

If someone has the USGI style or modified their own so you dont need to remove the extractor/ejector that would be even better.

No longer need, thanks
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 9:08:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jd95young] [#6]
Dimpling jigs are hard to find anywhere. I would like to "borrow" one also.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 9:10:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Anybody got a dimpling jig? IM me if you do. Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 6:00:20 PM EDT
[#8]
In need of a KAC barrel wrench for next weekend
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 7:13:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Anyone have a 15/10 vise block I can borrow? Need to screw on some new handgaurds, IM me! Thanks

Rock
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 7:33:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Anyone have a Knights Armament URX Barrel Nut Wrench I can borrow/rent?

Thanks in Advance
Dave
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 9:31:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I’ve got two wrenches for a Daniel defense ddm4 rail system, don’t really need more than one. Can’t promise how often I’ll be on here though, life is slapping me pretty damn hard atm...
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 7:29:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ch23701] [#12]
I should mention I have a complete set of roll pin punches and both a 3/8 and 1/2 torque wrench for loan. I live in the SW Michigan area if you need something let me know.

The roll pin punches are relatively light weight for shipping, the torque wrenches are not.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 12:04:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Looking for a gas key staking tool to borrow for a week or so.  Please e-mail or PM me.  Thanks
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 10:36:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Want to borrow a jig/tooling for an 80% LR-308
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 12:26:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Woodymd] [#15]
Does anyone have a router jig like the 5D tactical PRO jig I could borrow that would be great. I'm in Dallas if it matters
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 2:34:01 AM EDT
[#16]
I would like to borrow an upper receiver lapping tool.

I will have it one day, and will pay shipping both ways.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 11:13:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chubbs878] [#17]
i have the complete set Forster .223 go/nogo/field gauges.

will have a .308 go/nogo week of JULY 20-24. if you need it sooner, this can be arranged.

i have a slightly modified barrel nut wrench that will fit a standard USGI b/n AND this backwards or reversed USGI-type barrel nut. this proprietary design threads on with the splines AGAINST/towards the upper receiver.so, a standard barrel nut wrench of which the inside diameter is sanded just enough to slide over the barrel nut OD.

example:
https://www.mentium-usa.com/products/barrel-nut-for-mentium-shark-series-handguard

FYI: USPS located near my office. i can mail out same-day at noon or 4:00.

send an email to me for quickest reply. i do not check website IM.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 4:36:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Anyone have a YHM wrench for their rails. Need to borrow for a 1 time install on an upper I sold to a buddy. Will pay shipping both way.
Thanks. Just PM me please.
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 10:25:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: swampie] [#19]
Hi guys. Anyone have a .308 upper vice block and/or a reaction rod (I think that's what its called) to install a barrel and muzzle device?

If anyone can help please PM me.

Thanks
swampy
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 6:03:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Hey all, hoping to borrow a barrel nut wrench for a Colt 6940... bit of an oddball but it's a favor for a friend in the Marines... any help appreciated
Link Posted: 8/8/2020 11:10:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sebspeed:
Hey all, hoping to borrow a barrel nut wrench for a Colt 6940... bit of an oddball but it's a favor for a friend in the Marines... any help appreciated
View Quote

No longer needed
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 10:24:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By swampie:
Hi guys. Anyone have a .308 upper vice block and/or a reaction rod (I think that's what its called) to install a barrel and muzzle device?

If anyone can help please PM me.

Thanks
swampy
View Quote

Same request, although I won't need to borrow it until early September.

I'll pay shipping both ways, or drive to you if you're close enough.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 11:28:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Does anyone have an 80% jig to loan, 5D or similar?  I will pay shipping both ways

Thank you for this site
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 6:45:04 PM EDT
[#24]
I got some budget BCGs recently and would like to get the keys staked properly.

Does anyone have a MOAKS or similar carrier key staking tool?
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 1:02:48 PM EDT
[#25]
building my first ar15. need help installing barrel. i dont have proper tools for it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 8:43:49 PM EDT
[#26]
does anyone have a MOACKS that I can borrow?
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 11:27:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: OG1] [#27]
I don't loan my tools out, I use them too much. However, if anyone wants to cover postage both ways, I am happy to assemble/work on anything any of you guys need done that I am equipped for at no charge to help out.
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 1:45:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Does anyone in or near the East TN area have a Geissele reaction rod, or similar from other manufacturers that you'd loan out for a few days?  
In a week or so I'll be needing to remove and replace a handguard I've purchased from a forum member and have no way to hold the upper to
loosen and reinstall the barrel nut.

On that note, if purchasing one, I think I'd prefer the Midwest Industries version because it just seems to have a few options the other don't.  
I've been watching various sites in hopes of finding a deal on one during a black friday sale but no luck yet.  I need to buy one for various jobs
but this close to the holidays borrowing would be a better option.  

If anyone knows of another way to accomplish this without one of these or a clamshell upper device I'd love to know?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 10:45:58 AM EDT
[#29]
80% jig for an ar10, ill cover all shipping?

Link Posted: 11/30/2020 4:11:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Need a brownells 308 reaction rod , anyone help out?
Pm me
Thanks
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 4:51:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By doctorsubie:
Does anyone have a SWS proprietary barrel nut wrench to loan?  Looks like this one:

SWS barrel nut wrench

I can't believe this thing is like trying to find a unicorn on mars...

I am in Seattle...
View Quote

Page 1
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 6:39:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Still looking for the .308 action bar?  i am about to order one and should have it in a week or 2
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 12:52:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spoonhead] [#33]
Originally Posted By spoonhead:
Does anyone in or near the East TN area have a Geissele reaction rod, or similar from other manufacturers that you'd loan out for a few days?  
In a week or so I'll be needing to remove and replace a handguard I've purchased from a forum member and have no way to hold the upper to
loosen and reinstall the barrel nut.

On that note, if purchasing one, I think I'd prefer the Midwest Industries version because it just seems to have a few options the other don't.  
I've been watching various sites in hopes of finding a deal on one during a black friday sale but no luck yet.  I need to buy one for various jobs
but this close to the holidays borrowing would be a better option.  

If anyone knows of another way to accomplish this without one of these or a clamshell upper device I'd love to know?

Thanks
View Quote

I’m still needing the use of a reaction rod, but apparently no one local has one.  Anyone willing to loan one out?  I’m willing to cover postage both ways.
I just hate buy one to replace one handguard.  Email is the quickest way to reach me.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 4:15:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Hey everyone, I'm in need of a .750 dimple jig and a upper receiver vice block that will fit an aero m4e1 upper or reaction rod. Im in south Texas and will pay for shipping! You can message me on here or email.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 12:17:32 AM EDT
[#35]
I’m looking to borrow a geissele suppressor alignment rod.

Let me know! Email works best
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 4:52:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Hi there!  I just got done building my first AR, and need headspace gauges.  I'll pay postage both ways.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 5:26:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Engineer5] [#37]
Found!
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:27:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Anyone have a Midwest Industries barrel nut wrench adapter? I don't need a wrench, just the adapter that fits MI handguards.

In San Antonio, TX. Will make a deposit as I only need it for a short period, or would buy it if you have one, or an extra, you no longer need.

Thanks in advance everyone!!!
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 4:08:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Anyone have a KAC URX 3.1 barrel nut wrench for sale or for temporary loan? I'll gladly pay a deposit plus shipping back and forth for a loaner.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 5:13:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gamma762] [#40]
Putting together a 300 blackout, and have reason to suspect the headspace may not be right. Anyone have headspace gauges they'd be willing to loan, hate to buy them for one build.

ETA: still needing this as of 3/12... rmiles never responded.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 12:34:46 PM EDT
[#41]
PWS mod1 barrel nut

Anyone have the tool for this barrel nut? It goes to a PWS mod1. It has to be a two pin tool. The pins are 3/16”
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 2:09:23 PM EDT
[#42]
I have an extra MI barrel nut adapter. I'm in Fort Worth. Email me [email protected]
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 2:09:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Gamma762:
Putting together a 300 blackout, and have reason to suspect the headspace may not be right. Anyone have headspace gauges they'd be willing to loan, hate to buy them for one build.
View Quote

I got you... email me
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:14:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Anyone have an AR15 Easy Jig for loan/rent?
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 5:59:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Anybody have a wrench for the URX 3.1 I could borrow?? Would paypal you the cost as insurance while I use it as I know that I am new here and not to be blindly trusted
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 11:24:37 AM EDT
[#46]
Anybody happen to have a ar15 reaction rod or bev block that I can use for a Day? Just need to torque a warcomp as soon as possible. Thank you
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 1:24:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Mission105:
Anybody happen to have a ar15 reaction rod or bev block that I can use for a Day? Just need to torque a warcomp as soon as possible. Thank you
View Quote

hell, I'm clear across the country but if you need one and can't find one, let me know and I'll ship ya mine.  

hit me with PM if need it
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 5:23:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By a390st:
I'm looking to borrow a 1 3/16"-16 tap to chase some heavy anodizing out of the receiver extension threads on a lower. It is a factory lower, so this will not be something that would cause any wear and tear. I can cover shipping both ways. Thanks
View Quote

Any chance someone could loan me their tap?
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 9:10:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Does anyone have a 1/2X28 tap and die I can borrow for a couple of days and I will send it right back. I have a couple of threads that need chasing and a flash hider that needs chasing as well. PayPal availability. IM or email.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 5:15:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By 64tinc:
Does anyone have a 1/2X28 tap and die I can borrow for a couple of days and I will send it right back. I have a couple of threads that need chasing and a flash hider that needs chasing as well. PayPal availability. IM or email.  Thanks.
View Quote

@64tinc

Message sent.
Page / 7
Tacked The TOOL LOAN Thread (Page 5 of 7)
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top