[#1]
How would shipping work for someone who ordered off of Optics Planet? FML
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 2:27:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By rokarmysgt:
How would shipping work for someone who ordered off of Optics Planet? FML
View Quote

With Optics Planet, pay for UPS shipping, their free shipping takes forever.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 2:41:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rokarmysgt] [#3]
I already ordered months ago. What I mean to ask is if Primary Arms needs to ship to Optics Planet, and then they ship it to me.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 5:21:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 5:55:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Personally, I can't believe that people still want anything to do with Optics planet given market conditions.

When things aren't scarce, OP's business model of getting enough customer orders to have ordering leverage with their vendors works, as the waits aren't abusively long, but holy hell, my GF is trying to finish an AR build and the reciever she ordered in August was cancelled a week or two ago.

I can think of a lot of companies I wouldn't want my product to go to, and OP is one of them simply because my customers get punished. It's one thing if you understand how they operate going in, it's another if you think you are buying in-stock items. I can't imagine placing an order with them for one of these Prism sights given that they are hot and buying at a good price thru OP means being dead-last at the trough.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 8:17:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Received one out of two. Can't wait to take this shooting. Very clear glass. Full sun day and the illumination was extremely bright. Definitely a step up from the 2.5x, 3x and 5x.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 12:41:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By TheOtherDave:
Personally, I can't believe that people still want anything to do with Optics planet given market conditions.

When things aren't scarce, OP's business model of getting enough customer orders to have ordering leverage with their vendors works, as the waits aren't abusively long, but holy hell, my GF is trying to finish an AR build and the reciever she ordered in August was cancelled a week or two ago.

I can think of a lot of companies I wouldn't want my product to go to, and OP is one of them simply because my customers get punished. It's one thing if you understand how they operate going in, it's another if you think you are buying in-stock items. I can't imagine placing an order with them for one of these Prism sights given that they are hot and buying at a good price thru OP means being dead-last at the trough.
View Quote
Agree with you, optics planet is a bastard and they consistently lie. Bought an "in stock" scope from them and didn't get it for 3 months.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 1:36:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Alaskanforfreedom:
Agree with you, optics planet is a bastard and they consistently lie. Bought an "in stock" scope from them and didn't get it for 3 months.
View Quote

You win. My order went to every decent size city in Texas before I got it. Every morning checked what town it was in.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 3:03:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ihavesuperpowers:
Received one out of two. Can't wait to take this shooting. Very clear glass. Full sun day and the illumination was extremely bright. Definitely a step up from the 2.5x, 3x and 5x.
View Quote

When did you order the one you received? If you don't mind me asking.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 5:40:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Harkonan:

When did you order the one you received? If you don't mind me asking.
View Quote

Mid December.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 11:25:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Mid December.
View Quote

same here. estimated shipping date march 29th. can't really complain too much cause OP has pretty good deals and rebates, and top tier payment options.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 9:11:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: IFBBjuicemonkey] [#12]
Are orders being placed now, directly on the PA website, still projected to be fulfilled with the mid to late March shipment?
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 7:33:55 PM EDT
[#13]
So do these have a lens cap that works with them and also is there a see thru option to use with a carry handle?
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 10:07:47 PM EDT
[#14]
recommend using your super powers to look at the other pages for the see through option. As far as lens covers, if you need them, there are some generic options out there that will work but it doesn't come with them.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 10:41:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Haven’t mounted it yet, but the construction is great, and the reticle is crisp. I’m not sure I’d want to replace my dot with this for home defense purposes due to what I perceived to be some parallax/eye box stuff, but even just holding it I can tell this would make a great optic for most anyone. Having gotten comfortable aiming with both eyes open, I don’t really see how the 2x would be a problem for anyone. Can’t wait to shoot it soon and really test it.

Looking forward to the 1x and the new magnifier. I think that one has a shot at replacing my T2.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 9:36:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 11:30:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By nukehayes:
recommend using your super powers to look at the other pages for the see through option. As far as lens covers, if you need them, there are some generic options out there that will work but it doesn't come with them.
View Quote

Yeah, I don't see any available option for a see thru carry handle mounting option. Despite my superpowers I still suffer from the male inflicted disease of not being able to see the exact thing I'm looking for...so there's that.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 9:18:06 PM EDT
[#18]
There was discussion earlier on in the thread about mounting options. I’m trying to use the AD-B5 with a high spacer. I’m not saying the directions are bad but it’s unclear about screw configuration. My original plan was to use the supplied M5x.8-22mm screws to attach the spacer to the optic which would then only mean one center screw (m5x.8-10mm according to the directions) from the spacer to the mount. I suppose that’s perfectly fine, but does this seem consistent with how everyone else has been mounting theirs?
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 3:49:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 3:52:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MARSH1] [#20]
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 5:12:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sovich] [#21]
Originally Posted By MARSH1:

Single screw is fine but let me confirm with engineering that that is you best option .
View Quote

I ended up attaching the long screws from the mount through the spacer into the optic. When I tried to use the long screws through the spacer only it felt like I wasn’t going to be able to fully thread them—there was decent resistance.  

My current configuration is two long screws through the spacer and mount into the optic—maybe not enough threads. And then a short single screw from mount to spacer. Seems solid for now while I determine how high I want it, but I’d rather not test it at the range if this is a bad idea.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 10:26:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 4:52:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sovich] [#23]

Can you post a pic of the setup?
View Quote

The red lines are the 22mm through the mount snd spacer into the optic. The blue is a 10mm screw from the mount to the spacer.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 5:25:10 PM EDT
[#24]

Yeah, I don't see any available option for a see thru carry handle mounting option. Despite my superpowers I still suffer from the male inflicted disease of not being able to see the exact thing I'm looking for...so there's that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By nukehayes:

Ok, so I tried the lens cap that fits on the PA cyclops 1x. It fits nice and tight on the GLX 2x. In case anybody was looking for these.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 5:25:42 PM EDT
[#25]

It is coming soon. Shoot me a PM. I think I still have a few pre production prototypes
View Quote

Will do
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 2:21:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 2:24:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MARSH1] [#27]
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 6:11:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Creature] [#28]
This thread needs more pics.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 7:15:55 PM EDT
[#29]
So, if I ordered one on Feb 18th should it have shipped?
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 9:00:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 9:59:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Shipped today.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 2:03:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Ordered a 5.56 model today. If I like it as much as I expect I might get another for my .357sig AR.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 5:07:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Marsh I sent you an email
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 9:36:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 9:39:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 10:42:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 11:06:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 12:01:48 AM EDT
[#38]

No one had a fixed carry handle upper for the photo.
View Quote

Nah; it is because PA understands the true power of retardation.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 11:50:20 PM EDT
[#39]
And... the 7.62x39 / 300 BLK version is showing in stock! At least as of 2348 Eastern:

Primary Arms GLx 2X Prism with ACSS CQB-M5 7.62x39/300BO Reticle with AUTOLIVE™

Link Posted: 3/19/2021 11:26:14 AM EDT
[#40]
You guys (Primary Arms) need to shift away from USPS for shipping, and stick with UPS.  USPS is broken.  I've purchased a few things from you that came UPS, and everything was tracked, accurate, specific, & on time.  This order shows that it was "Accepted" on Wednesday (2 days ago), and hasn't moved since.
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 1:06:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MARSH1] [#41]
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 1:31:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TimKLL] [#42]
Thumbs up!  I don't think I would have selected USPS if given a choice, but can't say for sure because it's been a month (pretty sure it just had something to the effect of "Economy, USPS or UPS", but wouldn't bet much more than a beer on it).  Anyway, it was shipped USPS.  Hopefully you're right on the movement despite the lack of accurate tracking, the USPS page makes it look like it is sitting in TX.

Looking forward to the optic!  Afraid it is going to create a dilemma tho', it is intended for an AR15, but I have a new PCC/AR-9 as well (FM-9, purchased where else? PA!).  I've been lusting after the release of the SLX 1X for it, but am wondering if your pending release of this same optic (GLX 2X) with the 9mm reticle might be a better choice...  Bought one of the QD mounts (from PA, shipped UPS ;) to be able to try it out on the PCC.  Looks like several folks on this thread are thinking the same thing.

Thanks!

P.S. Thanks for offering a mil discount!  +20 years  Much appreciated!
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 6:37:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Pre-ordered  direct from PA on the 3rd, shipped on the 17th, and showing an ETA on the 22nd with FedEx Ground.
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 8:27:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Do the 556/762 reticle versions have autolive ?
If so, I plan to pre-order 2 right now.

Site doesn't specifically state so as it does for the 7.62x39 version.
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 8:44:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Yes! This looks to be the "Sweet Spot" that I had hoped for. Disclaimer: I have not shot the weapon with the new scope yet, nor have I ever shot or looked thru a 3x or 5x.  
Older eyes, thought a little magnification would help, but didn't want to lose the in-close, or slow it down.  Researched a lot, seems like a 3x would be good if I were hunting with it, but am not, & believe the in-close would be more difficult to quickly acquire.  Did some dry-fire drills with it, moving from roughly 100 yard targets to in-close, didn't lose anything in the transition.  
Was always able to pull up & get quickly on target with close in ranges (7 to 12 yards).  Loved the extra magnification at 100 yards.  Will be taking it to a range this coming week with 17 to 200 yard options.  I'm not kicking down doors, and it isn't really practical to be shooting regularly past 200 yards, so I think this will fit the bill.  Will look for an opportunity to try 300 yards, but don't expect it to be soon, or regular.

Had it on the AR-9/PCC first to do comparison dry-fire with the scope that was on the AR-15 (Vortex Spitfire prism 1x).  Both the wife & I think we'd like to have the 2x on the AR-9 now, so we'll be anxiously awaiting the release of this optic with the 9mm reticle.

Link Posted: 3/20/2021 10:55:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By TimKLL:
Yes! This looks to be the "Sweet Spot" that I had hoped for. Disclaimer: I have not shot the weapon with the new scope yet, nor have I ever shot or looked thru a 3x or 5x.  
Older eyes, thought a little magnification would help, but didn't want to lose the in-close, or slow it down.  Researched a lot, seems like a 3x would be good if I were hunting with it, but am not, & believe the in-close would be more difficult to quickly acquire.  Did some dry-fire drills with it, moving from roughly 100 yard targets to in-close, didn't lose anything in the transition.  
Was always able to pull up & get quickly on target with close in ranges (7 to 12 yards).  Loved the extra magnification at 100 yards.  Will be taking it to a range this coming week with 17 to 200 yard options.  I'm not kicking down doors, and it isn't really practical to be shooting regularly past 200 yards, so I think this will fit the bill.  Will look for an opportunity to try 300 yards, but don't expect it to be soon, or regular.

https://i.imgur.com/3DsCn3Z.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/TFpMffw.jpg

Had it on the AR-9/PCC first to do comparison dry-fire with the scope that was on the AR-15 (Vortex Spitfire prism 1x).  Both the wife & I think we'd like to have the 2x on the AR-9 now, so we'll be anxiously awaiting the release of this optic with the 9mm reticle.

https://i.imgur.com/6eJe82O.jpg
View Quote

Agree- I would absolutely buy a second for my 9mm.
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 11:20:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MARSH1] [#47]
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 12:11:06 PM EDT
[#48]
For the orders that ship in May, are we talking about early or late May?
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 12:50:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TacticalTupperware] [#49]
@MARSH1

I just got my 2x in the mail and I'm having an issue with it. I hope I'm doing something wrong though, maybe you can help.

The illumination shuts off after a few minutes and won't turn back on, even while handling it. I tried turning the brightness dial, shaking it for AutoLive, and put in a new battery as well. Nothing.

The only thing that gets it to turn on is removing the battery and putting it back in, it illuminates for a few minutes, turns off, then won't turn back on.

Am I doing something wrong? A bit disappointing if it's defective, it should have been checked for full function before shipping correct?

Thanks for any help.

ETA: SN 15193201635
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 1:20:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By TacticalTupperware:
@MARSH1

I just got my 2x in the mail and I'm having an issue with it. I hope I'm doing something though, maybe you can help.

The illumination shuts off after a few minutes and won't turn back on, even while handling it. I tried turning the brightness dial, shaking it for AutoLive, and put in a new battery as well. Nothing.

The only thing that gets it to turn on is removing the battery and putting it back in, it illuminates for a few minutes, turns off, then won't turn back on.

Am I doing something wrong? A bit disappointing if it's defective, it should have been checked for full function before shipping correct?

Thanks for any help.
View Quote
Same problem with mine-5.56/7.62 model SN 15193201640.
Page / 22
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top