User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 133
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 6:26:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By officerX:

Older, gen 1 rifle with a SWS?? rail.  Probably somewhat of a collector's item.  But Johnny would rather you shoot the hell out of it!
View Quote

Thanks !!!
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 12:33:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Slug-O:
Hey guys found this thread last night. Maybe someone can tell me what this is. Was a gift years back from a good friend. I shoot the knights rifles he gave me but I’ve never gotten around to this one. I figure it’s just another Noveske rifle? Am I wrong here. Does have a nice trigger.
https://i.imgur.com/ycIxuH2.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/4hYQZyC.jpg
View Quote

They called it, N4 Stainless Lo Pro w/Switchblock.

I have an old catalog with a picture of it and the different ways you could get it. It's from around 2011-2012 probably.

Link Posted: 6/3/2023 2:07:36 PM EDT
[#3]
The OG, And it looks black to me but could be dirty? This is a newer pic of it.

" />
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 11:56:27 PM EDT
[#4]

I have the magazine and I don't believe it says anything about it in the article, but I could be wrong.  I've talked to Stickman about it and he told me it just a bead blasted SS barrel.  That's why I'm looking for a definitive answer on it, like from someone who may have actually handled it themselves.  @TinyCrumb
View Quote

The original had a SS bead blasted barrel coated with black KG Guncote
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 12:30:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Teller_Ulam:

The original had a SS bead blasted barrel coated with black KG Guncote
View Quote

Without trying to sound like a dick, what definitive proof do you have?  I’m just curious to know.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 9:22:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Shameless plug: If anyone is looking to build a Johnny, I have a bunch of parts here:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/equipment-exchange/Noveske-Johnny-Rifle-Upper/22-2359945/
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 10:45:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Without trying to sound like a dick, what definitive proof do you have?  I’m just curious to know.
View Quote

I've seen it in person.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:03:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:23:39 AM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

Mucho nice-o
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:30:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Omega9000:

Mucho nice-o
View Quote

Gracias.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:37:29 AM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/7/2023 11:30:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jsxtreme] [#12]
Disregaurd
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 1:03:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By WildBills-AR:
The OG, And it looks black to me but could be dirty? This is a newer pic of it.

https://i.imgur.com/sWvw4uY.jpg" target="_blank">https://i.imgur.com/sWvw4uY.jpg
View Quote

I just noticed - no cross logo on the lower???
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 5:28:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Toned it down a bit with some different furniture.

Link Posted: 6/7/2023 11:15:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 11:33:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Found this local over the weekend and scooped it. An older Noveske SPR (gen 2 era) complete upper. Old SEI flash hider, Noveske marked quad rail, Mod 2 BCM/VLTOR Noveske marked charging handle.

Going to slap it on a gen 1 noveske lower until I can grab a gen 2.

Link Posted: 6/12/2023 8:28:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By jsxtreme:
Found this local over the weekend and scooped it. An older Noveske SPR (gen 2 era) complete upper. Old SEI flash hider, Noveske marked quad rail, Mod 2 BCM/VLTOR Noveske marked charging handle.

https://i.imgur.com/moyFYz3.jpg
View Quote

That'll be badass on a Gen 1 lower.  18" barrel?

Cheers
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 9:41:37 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

A used gen2 chainsaw stripped lower just went for $500 ish on GB.  Looked new to my eyes tho.  Followed it for a couple days thinking I could snag it for a good price. Literally had to scroll thru all the photos to catch that is was a gen2 (wasn’t in the title).  I figured someone would would catch it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 10:23:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By buddyhoohaw:

That'll be badass on a Gen 1 lower.  18" barrel?

Cheers
View Quote

Yeah, 18" SPR barrel.

There are some gen 2's out there to be had. The guy that sold me this said he sold the gen 2 lower to his buddy. He was going to ask if he wanted to sell it to me.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 3:31:37 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

Here is one in the EE. Overpriced in my opinion. I got lucky enough to snag a new Gen 2 off the EE a,few months back for $325.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 4:15:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By kavants:

Here is one in the EE. Overpriced in my opinion. I got lucky enough to snag a new Gen 2 off the EE a,few months back for $325.
View Quote

Yeah, price isn't it or I would have snagged it already.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 7:30:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jnat] [#22]
Originally Posted By kavants:

View Quote

$325 was a hell of a deal.   It has been a looong while since I can recall seeing any priced below $400

Kick ass lowers,  people want them and numbers keep dwindling.  They won’t get cheaper…
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 2:16:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnnyUtah427] [#23]
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 2:36:48 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

What caliber, barrel length and rail length?
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 2:48:13 PM EDT
[#25]

What caliber, barrel length and rail length?
View Quote

10.5 - 5.56 DEVGRU barrel and 9.75 Gen 4 rail.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 2:54:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By JohnnyUtah427:

10.5 - 5.56 DEVGRU barrel and 9.75 Gen 4 rail.
View Quote

M4-2000 can?  Can I see a pic of the gap?
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 3:21:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnnyUtah427] [#27]

M4-2000 can?  Can I see a pic of the gap?
View Quote

SureFire RC2.  And here you go....anything else..? Cup of coffee...?    

I kid...I kid.....

Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:13:01 PM EDT
[#28]
I still have my SURPRISE COCK FAG! ejection doors.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 12:23:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Coming along. Gen 2 lower incoming.

Link Posted: 6/22/2023 11:31:39 AM EDT
[#30]
I didn't like how busy thing thing was with 5 different colors of left over shit, so I toned it down. Sighting it in this weekend, and training with it the following. Hopefully she runs well!

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 3:36:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jsxtreme] [#31]
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 12:58:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: EvilApplesauce] [#32]
Just snagged this one off of EE.
Pin and welded 14.5 with the sws quad. In a really good condition.
Gen 2 upper on a Gen 1 lower
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 10:19:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 11:13:52 PM EDT
[#34]
https://i.imgur.com/i1Yj8w2.jpg
View Quote

Very nice.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 4:09:41 PM EDT
[#35]
https://i.imgur.com/i1Yj8w2.jpg
View Quote

Wow, I was literally browsing this thread wondering if I could find a picture of a foliage gun with the FDE Sandman.  And lo and behold. Very nice gun.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 2:00:37 PM EDT
[#36]
About to turn full hipster with this thing....loving it.

Link Posted: 7/15/2023 5:31:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Here is my DEVGRU-inspired go-to

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 7:56:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 12:05:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ChileRelleno414] [#39]
Noveske N4 Lower
Noveske VLTOR VIS Monolithic Upper
Noveske Barrel 5.56, 1:7, 16", M4 feed ramps, chrome lined
Midlength gas sytem + 1"
Noveske Troy flip-up battle sights, front/rear
Geissele Hi-Speed NM trigger, with DMR spring set
Aimpoint Micro T-1, on Larue QD mount
Surefire 6PX, on Larue QD mount
Tangodown pistol grip
Magpul RVG vertical grip
Magpul rail covers
Blue Force Gear Vickers sling
" />
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 8:26:24 PM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 7/24/2023 1:02:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Does anyone have a picture of a current production Gen 4 upper in Armor black on an older N4 Gen 1/Gen 2 lower with non-frying pan anodizing? Curious how well the color matches. Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 6:08:16 PM EDT
[#42]
I just finished pairing a gen 3 factory complete infidel upper to a gen 4 model N4 stripped lower with a bunch of hand picked goodies. The lower has the deep black finish that matches my Spikes lowers and BCM uppers. The upper receiver and handguard are a shade lighter. Best way I can describe it is like a parkerized bcg that is bone dry on one end and the other has a very light film of oil.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 12:18:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mr4848675] [#43]
NOVESKE RIFLES

Attachment Attached File

Noveske 10.5 chf  556
(Just completed)
E series blackout

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Setup
*RECEIVERS
Gen 3 upper stripped
Gen 1 lower
*RAIL
Gen 3 nsr 9"
*BARREL
Noveske chf 10.5
-gas port .080 factory spec
--.0635 gas block insert in noveske gas block pinned
--.0635 brt gas tube with v series jet black
*ACTION
LMT ebcg
Jp scs H2 with ar10 105% spring
GA ssax

*Receivers and rail in e series blackout.
Prefer h armor black at 12:1 but the e series is exceptionally "durable". Both the e blackout and h armor black are far less glossy in person. The pic with all the rifles together is natural light and a more accurate representation of the color and "gloss" vs the individual pics that were taken under a high lumen blue shop light.

*I also cerakote all my barrel extensions to thermal fit with uppers.

AIMPOINT acro p2 SW 1.57
SW Peak 02 1.93

Only ran two rds of 193 through upper only to test lock back before pinning gb. The lower/action used to test fire had the same ebcg, scs h3 110% spring with ssax and t2 can. Would really like to rethread to 9.8" to reduce dwell but at this point I don't wanna lose all the data there is with 10.5 and torn about losing the velocity. TBD

Haven't decided which of my 556 suppressors will live on it. Either turbo t2/k or Polonium/k. Will decide on full size or k after running rifle. Like shortness of k on this rifle but not sure yet. Considering purchasing a Flow 556k for either this rifle or an 11.5 I have.

Edit: Ran two more rounds of 193 wb and got lock back. Then rounds 5&6 were tula with lock back. Going to change insert and gas tube to .057 and open up if needed. Initially wanted that 99% suppressed setup. Have decided to set this up for 100% Suppressed. This isn't my shtf/hd/whatever rifle so no real desire to function without can. Looking for shortest 10.5 rifle/can setup with as little port pop as possible with direct thread zro on 'traditional" baffle k can. Will add h3 and 110% spring to help slow bolt opening.

Noveske 6.7 300BLK
-H series armor black
--18.5" collapsed wo can
---Was one of two travel pistols before brace ruling

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Setup
*RECEIVERS
Gen 3 upper stripped
Gen 4 lower
*RAIL
Gen 3 Nhr 6.3"
*BARREL
KAK SS 300BLK 1:5T 8in
-Rethreaded and reverse tapered to 6.7in
--gas port .100 increased to .110
---Noveske/SA AGB
*ACTION
Maxim Defense SCW
GA sdc
*SUPPRESSOR
Q half nelson

AIMPOINT t2 with SW 1.57

Link Posted: 7/25/2023 12:19:46 PM EDT
[#44]
CONTINUED

Noveske 7.7 300BLK
-H series armor black

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Setup
*RECEIVERS
Gen 3 upper stripped
Gen 4 lower
*RAIL
Gen 3 nhr 7in
*BARREL
Noveske SS 300BLK 1:7 7.94in
-rethreaded to 7.7 and reverse tapered
--gas port .104
---Noveske/SA AGB
*ACTION
Toolcraft Ti carrier
-JP bolt and kit
--JP SCS
---GA ssax
SUPPRESSOR
Q full nelson

Trijicon sro with SW 1.57
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 11:48:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Lancewood:
Does anyone have a picture of a current production Gen 4 upper in Armor black on an older N4 Gen 1/Gen 2 lower with non-frying pan anodizing? Curious how well the color matches. Thanks.
View Quote

@Lancewood

Gen 4 upper + gen 1 lower = no match

Link Posted: 7/25/2023 11:51:03 PM EDT
[#46]
@officerX

Awesome, thank you.
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 12:02:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NEVENOGUNS] [#47]
Almost an Infidel Clone
All Noveske with exception to the Mag Release and LaRue Tactical MBT Trigger.
Parts:
Stainless 14.5 Afghan Barrel
Noveske Marked 5.56 RCA Black Nitride BCG
Gen 2 Upper / Lower
Noveske/Magpul Safety Selector
Noveske Marked Troy Sights
Charging Handle is an older model Noveske by VLTOR. Looks Similar to their Super Badass Charging Handle.
Noveske 15" Gen 3 N4 NSR M-LOK Handguard
Other stuff like the QD End Plate, Noveske marked take-down pins, Pinned Gas Block, Pinned KX5 Flash Suppressor, etc.

I went with the longer barrel because I wanted the KX5 out a little further past the rail than the Noveske Model. That's why it has the Afghan Barrel.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/1/2023 12:27:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Awesome rifles you've got there!

I've been on the fence about the Aimpoint Acro P2, but seeing it on your rifle inspired me to order one for my recent Noveske build. It was delivered an hour ago, and I'm just waiting for the Scalarworks 1.57" mount and Aimpoint 3x-c magnifier on a 1.57" mount to show up.

I currently have a Leupold Deltapoint Pro on an absolute cowitness SLR mount on the Noveske, which is a great red dot that I've also got on one of my BCM's. I like the idea of the Acro's closed emitter, along with Aimpoint's ruggedness and battery life, but was only on the fence due to the narrower eye box. I'm thinking that the taller 1/3 cowitness mount should help a bit. What are your thoughts?
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 9:15:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mr4848675] [#49]
Originally Posted By Headbarcode:
Awesome rifles you've got there!

I've been on the fence about the Aimpoint Acro P2, but seeing it on your rifle inspired me to order one for my recent Noveske build. It was delivered an hour ago, and I'm just waiting for the Scalarworks 1.57" mount and Aimpoint 3x-c magnifier on a 1.57" mount to show up.

I currently have a Leupold Deltapoint Pro on an absolute cowitness SLR mount on the Noveske, which is a great red dot that I've also got on one of my BCM's. I like the idea of the Acro's closed emitter, along with Aimpoint's ruggedness and battery life, but was only on the fence due to the narrower eye box. I'm thinking that the taller 1/3 cowitness mount should help a bit. What are your thoughts?
View Quote

Well eye box I've found can sometimes be mixed up with all the other eye terms when it comes to optics. Not saying you are confusing it but without me defining what I believe eye box is it might be inaccurate for me to comment. But no enclosed will give the eye box of an open sight. To keep it simple I've had no issues whatever running the acro in the very limited time I've had it. So far I love it. For reference I spend most my time behind t2s and mro hds. I also have acog 4x32 led w/os rmr,sro and one PA lvpo and one holosun 510(enclosed 512). The acro is quickly becoming one of my favorite possibly my new go to. I hear the arguments for the t2 over the acro and don't disagree. But the acro is super cool and considerably less expensive. What's $2-300 when your assembling $3k plus rifles? Not much but the cheaper acro is hard to beat. My only small issue is the brightness buttons are more difficult to manipulate than the t2 or MRO hd knobs but I still believe they're the best solution for this optic and as i become more familiar with them will be less difficult to operate. I have run my AP 3xmag behind it as well and everything functions as it should

If I could give you a more technical review I would but I simply don't have enough time behind it. I don't foresee any issues though. I will say I haven't had to change my head position etc with the acro. I also use to run absolute but switched out everything to 1/3 a couple years ago. Most folks say there little difference but to me the addition height was fairly significant all around. Considered the taller mounts and even tried out a 193 but didn't give me the control I needed. I get it but I'm just not ready for it.

I've also found on the sro at 157 the buis to be very low in the glass. I just got the scalarworks 1.93 peaks for the acro setup. The sro does sit higher so i might swap the buis on these two rifles or get another set of peaks.One last thing I have an astigmatism and the acro dot might be the most defined rds I own.

Edit: Just swapped peaks on the 10.5/acro to the kac micros and put the peaks on the rifle with sro. Much better. Standard height 1/3 with acro/kac micro and peaks193 are absolute with sro.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 12:46:44 PM EDT
[#50]
I ordered a Noveske N6 receiver set in March 2021, was supposed to be a Gen 3 and "in stock and ships within 48 hours"

Well turns out either they falsely advertised or cleared out the remaining Gen 3's before my order was able to be filled

Salesman said "your order will be 'upgraded' to the Gen 4 that should be out within a few months", so i figured what the heck i already paid and i guess now have an early spot for the soon to arrive re-stock...

Well over 2.5 years later i finally got an email today to confirm my FFL and that i still wanted my order, stating they are expecting to ship out in November

Longest i've ever waited, for any product really. This Gen 4 better be the bees fucking knees
Page / 133
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top