Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 982 of 1565)
Page / 1565
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 2:50:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mister_Donut:

Awesome!  I don't think I've ever seen Aimpoints on Block IIs....looks like they're Micros, probably T1s?
View Quote
Have seen one on a USCG gun in Kuwait 15'  SEALs had some in Iraq 16'.  Weren't mounted however.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 3:37:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmyPilot12] [#2]
So, this morning I go to place an order online and what am I greeted with...

SureFire SOCOM-RC Fast-Attach .223/5.56 Rifle Sound Suppressor

Price: $1,375.00
SALE: $695.00
Savings: $680.00

Stock Status:(Out of Stock)

This build is going to kill me.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 3:40:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By ArmyPilot12:

View Quote

Buy an NT4?
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 3:49:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Will816:
I bought a thing. I don’t know why it took me so long. Spend $10k on clones, NBD. But for some reason a couple grand on a PVS-14 was always a tough pill for me to swallow. I shouldn’t have waited so long, can’t wait to get some range time in the dark with the CQBR!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/213943/3E5271C7-3D15-4C7C-9228-2562E44358BA-489706.JPG!
View Quote
@WIll816 When I first got my NODS (PVS7s) last year, I just sat outside and looked at the stars for hours...  Errybody should have them...
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 4:03:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

Buy an NT4?
View Quote
I would except I'm building this right now...
from one of CD's pics
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 4:20:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnnySasaki20] [#6]

from one of CD's pics
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/326076/IMG_45852-490254.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

from one of CD's pics
Is that a non-tanodized g33?

Originally Posted By Jlgil73:

@WIll816 When I first got my NODS (PVS7s) last year, I just sat outside and looked at the stars for hours...  Errybody should have them...
Yeah, I do it all the time, lol. It's so hard to find a place to shoot at night around me, so that's basically what they get used for the most. In the summer you will get these random flashes, and you start to think something fucked with your tubes, but then you realise it's just a thunderstorm like 50 miles away over the damn horizon, lol.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 4:20:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By AZ_SBR:

Mine showed up today. Heads up that IWC sends it signature required. I hadn't opted for this nor had I seen it mentioned anywhere during the checkout process, but was glad I was home when the Postal worker came to the door.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/798/26034981727_aa3e86a62c_c.jpg
View Quote
Tail cap and SR-07 remote showed up today. So stoked on this new setup. Everything feels so much more svelte now vs. the L3 Insight M3X and dual button remote. This is what I should've started with...

Link Posted: 3/22/2018 4:26:54 PM EDT
[#8]
SEAL Team 4 Member with mk18

Link Posted: 3/22/2018 5:09:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmyPilot12] [#9]
Originally Posted By JohnnySasaki20:

View Quote
To me it appears to be a standard tan molded G33. CD would have to answer for sure.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 7:28:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Tail cap and SR-07 remote showed up today. So stoked on this new setup. Everything feels so much more svelte now vs. the L3 Insight M3X and dual button remote. This is what I should've started with...

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4774/40065804355_2877d55451_c.jpg

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/804/27088170468_c4603a0657_c.jpg
View All Quotes

Mine showed up today. Heads up that IWC sends it signature required. I hadn't opted for this nor had I seen it mentioned anywhere during the checkout process, but was glad I was home when the Postal worker came to the door.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/798/26034981727_aa3e86a62c_c.jpg

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4774/40065804355_2877d55451_c.jpg

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/804/27088170468_c4603a0657_c.jpg
Looks awesome! I think the M300/SR07 is the best all-around light setup for the CQBR, but you know, no bias at all here ;p.

Speaking of awesome, the postman just delivered my new Wilcox mount :D.

Now to get that puppy painted and mounted up. I'm not entirely sure how I will touch up some of the unpainted areas on the Aimpoint that were covered by the LT150 (that will now be exposed with the Wilcox) and somehow simultaneously avoid stripping and repainting the whole shebang. Clone troubles are real.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 7:32:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Yeah, I do it all the time, lol. It's so hard to find a place to shoot at night around me, so that's basically what they get used for the most. In the summer you will get these random flashes, and you start to think something fucked with your tubes, but then you realise it's just a thunderstorm like 50 miles away over the damn horizon, lol.
View Quote
I’ve got so much BLM land around me, shooting at night should be as easy as shooting during the day. It gets dark as a mofo too so I should be able to stargaze as well.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 9:19:04 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote
IIRC it was a tan G33.

CD
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 9:33:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Brockoli1010] [#13]

View Quote
I came here to post the exact same thing. I’ve been eyeing that puppy for weeks. Called silencershop just to see if they had one that isn’t listed on the website and when they said no, I headed to Armsunlimited to buy that one. I’m so mad I waited. I already have the 4 prong in preparation for it. What do I do now???
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 9:49:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: krdt] [#14]
Damn, that last bit of stock sold out fast. I was just telling a friend of mine two days ago to buy one of those and they had 11 left in stock according to their cart system. He isn't very familiar with NFA stuff and was balking at $695 plus $200 and a $50 transfer fee. I told him that is still a crazy good deal for a SOCOM RC, but I don't think he fully grasped the fleeting nature of the deal, lol. I was actually hoping to pick up a second one as soon as I had the extra cash. Oh, well... too late now.

Originally Posted By Brockoli1010:
I already have the 4 prong in preparation for it. What do I do now???
View Quote
Sell the 4 prong to me at a vastly reduced price? :D

I will give it a good home safely inside a SOCOM RC.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 9:56:37 PM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

from one of CD's pics

Originally Posted By Jlgil73:

Or you could think back to all of the headaches nods caused you during your time in and don't want to deal with that shit again.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 10:45:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By krdt:

View Quote
Orrrrrrrrr....you could sell ME the RC and you can use the funds to buy whatever you want! Hell, since I’m such a nice guy I’d even consider trading the 4P for the RC.  https://youtu.be/ZNSu6-jj0zo
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 11:17:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 12:02:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Orrrrrrrrr....you could sell ME the RC and you can use the funds to buy whatever you want! Hell, since I’m such a nice guy I’d even consider trading the 4P for the RC.  https://youtu.be/ZNSu6-jj0zo
View All Quotes

Lol, we are just a pair of ridiculously nice guys aren't we? And being such a nice guy myself, I just couldn't take advantage of you like that. It might seem a trade like that would be in your favor, but I know it would weigh so heavily on your conscience you'd be miserable. I just can't be responsible for such misery.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 12:26:51 AM EDT
[#19]

Lol, we are just a pair of ridiculously nice guys aren't we? And being such a nice guy myself, I just couldn't take advantage of you like that. It might seem a trade like that would be in your favor, but I know it would weigh so heavily on your conscience you'd be miserable. I just can't be responsible for such misery.
View Quote
Fair point.

On a more serious note, how often do the RCs poke their heads in the EE? I’ll check the NFA EE every hour of every day if you tell me there’s a chance.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 2:01:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Fair point.

On a more serious note, how often do the RCs poke their heads in the EE? I’ll check the NFA EE every hour of every day if you tell me there’s a chance.
View All Quotes

Fair point.

You can subscribe to that particular forum - that's really the only way to catch good deals that tend to sell quickly. Without membership you're limited to two subs, but with a membership it seems to be more or less unlimited; I'm subscribed to like 10 EE forums, lol.

No idea on frequency of SOCOM RCs on the EE, but I'm guessing not too often, and probably not at very attractive prices. Figure someone has $700-$825 or more tied up in one, plus $200 and $50-$100 in transfer fees: even at around $1000 they would still be losing money. Unless someone was really hurting for money and didn't mind selling at a major loss, you'd probably end up paying $1200-$1500 in all just for a used RC.

I just did a quick search and possibly found one, but no idea if they actually have any and no idea if it's a reputable shop:

http://www.dangerleeindustries.com/shop/5-56mm-rifle/surefire-socom-556-rc/

Impact Guns might have one, but at "bend over, here it comes again" pricing:

https://www.impactguns.com/surefire-end-mount-de-suppressor-556-with.aspx

Personally, if I couldn't find an RC at a reasonable price I'd just go for an RC2. Sure, not 100% clone correct, but given the limited availability and potential cost involved, I think it's a reasonable compromise.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 2:03:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Or you could think back to all of the headaches nods caused you during your time in and don't want to deal with that shit again.
View Quote
Never served, but I always seem to have a 2 day hangover every time I wear my nods all night. The first time I legit thought it was the two or three beers I drank afterwards, and I kept thinking "damn, I know I didnt drink THAT much", lol.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 2:22:58 AM EDT
[#22]

View Quote
I no shit ordered mine yesterday afternoon (Wednesday). Sorry man.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 2:29:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By MNRidesHonda:
https://i.imgur.com/EJ2nZN7.jpg
View Quote
And I thought I was getting over wanting a FF RAS...really hoping they start producing them soon, or I can find one that doesn’t cost my soul.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 7:53:23 AM EDT
[#24]

View Quote
Try calling them. They may have more coming.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 8:58:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Never served, but I always seem to have a 2 day hangover every time I wear my nods all night. The first time I legit thought it was the two or three beers I drank afterwards, and I kept thinking "damn, I know I didnt drink THAT much", lol.
View All Quotes

It was REALLLY bad back when I was rocking 7's. 14's were a little more doable, especially if you had an upgraded harness in your helmet.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 9:20:25 AM EDT
[#26]

It was REALLLY bad back when I was rocking 7's. 14's were a little more doable, especially if you had an upgraded harness in your helmet.
View Quote
7s are fucking terrible. In so many ways. Only SAW gunners got 14s in my BN and that wasn't enough of a reason to tote that heavy bitch, so 7s it was.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 9:34:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:
7s are fucking terrible. In so many ways. Only SAW gunners got 14s in my BN and that wasn't enough of a reason to tote that heavy bitch, so 7s it was.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:

Looking back at my first unit, I feel like we were working in the past. Nothing but A2's and PVS-7's, LBE gear, ALICE packs (though I still love me some ALICE) and shitty leather sweatband and 550 cord suspension in your Kevlar.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 10:38:16 AM EDT
[#28]

Looking back at my first unit, I feel like we were working in the past. Nothing but A2's and PVS-7's, LBE gear, ALICE packs (though I still love me some ALICE) and shitty leather sweatband and 550 cord suspension in your Kevlar.
View Quote
Dang Cherries/Whipper Snappers/No time in grade , XM16E1s were light but the PVS-5 sucked and try driving with those things across the desert.  Only two sets per ODA back then.

CD
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 10:43:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
Dang Cherries/Whipper Snappers/No time in grade , XM16E1s were light but the PVS-5 sucked and try driving with those things across the desert.  Only two sets per ODA back then.

CD
View All Quotes

CD
Easy old man, don't want you to break a hip.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 10:46:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Speaking of,...clone correct NODs? Maybe not current, but still.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 12:36:56 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote
Want to join me for a 8 mile ruck Sunday?

CD
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 1:17:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmyPilot12] [#32]
If you think PVS-5s sucked while riding a scout bike through German forests... you should have flown with them on.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 1:28:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Speaking of,...clone correct NODs? Maybe not current, but still.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/260264/LRM_EXPORT_20180323_104544-490939.JPG
View Quote
Thats such a bad ass paint job.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 1:58:32 PM EDT
[#34]
If you think PVS-5s sucked while riding a scout bike through German forests... you should have flown with them on.
http://i47.tinypic.com/unevs.jpg
View Quote
Dear God.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 3:05:00 PM EDT
[#35]

CD
View All Quotes

CD
Nope. My DD214 exempts me from that.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 3:05:57 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote
Are those powered via glass-cased batteries?
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 3:10:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#37]
View All Quotes
I think its got one of those hand cranks like the model T Ford did.

Also- 6.5 CM for M110 and possibly the SCAR and Mk48 anyone?

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/USSOCOM-Adapts-6-5-CM/5-2094368/
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 3:18:28 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

Don't laugh too much about that...the field telephone is still a thing.

And really fun to have the newb hold both bare ends of the wire to "test for connectivity".
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 3:20:36 PM EDT
[#39]

CD
View All Quotes

CD
You Ol' badass!
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 3:27:21 PM EDT
[#40]

And really fun to have the newb hold both bare ends of the wire to "test for connectivity".
View All Quotes

Lol just like the old "lick this 9V battery" trick
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 3:37:38 PM EDT
[#41]
View All Quotes

Waaaayyyy worse. 9V is just a tingle.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 3:46:35 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote
You're a tingle.

Link Posted: 3/23/2018 5:13:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Uh, check out my new Velcro strap for cord management...?

Link Posted: 3/23/2018 5:24:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By AstraPat:

Thats such a bad ass paint job.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 5:25:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Uh, check out my new Velcro strap for cord management...?

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/783/26103976917_a2ab682c15_c.jpg
View Quote
Hmm... I'm more of a mini zip ties through the RIS proponent.

Speaking of which, I need to redo my wire routing now with the GS... doesn't quite look right (hence why I used the pre-GS pic ;p).
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 5:30:40 PM EDT
[#46]
OCONUS

Link Posted: 3/23/2018 5:41:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: krdt] [#47]
So, I got my new Wilcox mount all painted up and mounted last night. The paint is still fresh and doesn't quite match, but definitely a big improvement over the LT150 incorrectness I had previously :\.

Link Posted: 3/23/2018 6:21:16 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote
31's,..Ooohh, aahhhhh.

Link Posted: 3/23/2018 6:23:24 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote
You spelled COCONUTS wrong.

Nice gun, and NODs.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 7:15:28 PM EDT
[#50]
You're a tingle.

View All Quotes

You're a tingle.

Page / 1565
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 982 of 1565)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top