Originally Posted By Lucreau:
Is that a real deal mk18 fsp ris? Or cutdown
Believe his is a factory Mk18 FSP
Yep, it is a factory one
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 12:00:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:
Is there any other source for SB or RC around the 700 mark or was au the only one? Are they getting more?
View Quote
AU was the only vendor i have seen go that low in the last 1.5 years

Even my LGS's that carry suppressors are sold out over the past few weeks. It's almost like Trump's comments and the democrats filing legislation to ban suppressors made folks panic buy.

Plenty of people here regret not buying a 2nd RC about a year ago when AU had them. I ended up grabbing 2 SB's back in February since supply was dwindling and you could almost get 2 SB's for the price of one NT4
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 12:12:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:

AU was the only vendor i have seen go that low in the last 1.5 years

Even my LGS's that carry suppressors are sold out over the past few weeks. It's almost like Trump's comments and the democrats filing legislation to ban suppressors made folks panic buy.

Plenty of people here regret not buying a 2nd RC about a year ago when AU had them. I ended up grabbing 2 SB's back in February since supply was dwindling and you could almost get 2 SB's for the price of one NT4
View Quote
Yea I was ready to pull the trigger on an SB not long ago and I waited and they went out of stock. Now I don't know what to do. I want to get another suppressor going.
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 12:23:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Yea I was ready to pull the trigger on an SB not long ago and I waited and they went out of stock. Now I don't know what to do. I want to get another suppressor going.
View Quote
Presampedepot is getting several in for preorder, They have 5 left at $1100. Your never going to get that $700 price again unless you find a used one unfortunately.
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 1:48:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Are the golden tickets still be honored by Surefire? If you had the choice would you go RC2 over the RC?
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 1:58:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By ejc204:
Are the golden tickets still be honored by Surefire? If you had the choice would you go RC2 over the RC?
View Quote
For clone RC. For anything else RC2
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 2:24:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Bhavin22:

For clone RC. For anything else RC2
View Quote
Yep, This.
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 2:27:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By eMc9001:

Presampedepot is getting several in for preorder, They have 5 left at $1100. Your never going to get that $700 price again unless you find a used one unfortunately.
View Quote
Well shit, guess I'm not getting one then.
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 3:47:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Well shit, guess I'm not getting one then.
View Quote
Spec556 ban this man!
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 5:19:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 5:31:12 PM EDT
[#12]
https://i.imgflip.com/352ui9.jpg
View Quote

And before anyone takes this too seriously, here's a friendly reminder: it's a joke.
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 5:45:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:
https://i.imgur.com/VN59lTQ.jpg

And before anyone takes this too seriously, here's a friendly reminder: it's a joke.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

That ain't no joke.
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 5:52:37 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 6:10:08 PM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

Really its not a joke.

I had a clone and parted it out. Just too expensive for what I got. I have sense built an SBR that has been just as tough, more accurate, lighter, with better balance than the MK18 clone I had.

That being said MK18s are still bad ass and I am not knocking anybody that decides it’s worth it to own one.
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 6:32:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Smithy:

Really its not a joke.

I had a clone and parted it out. Just too expensive for what I got. I have sense built an SBR that has been just as tough, more accurate, lighter, with better balance than the MK18 clone I had.

That being said MK18s are still bad ass and I am not knocking anybody that decides it’s worth it to own one.
View Quote
That's why you do both.
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 6:39:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By MrKV:
That's why you do both.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MrKV:
Originally Posted By Smithy:

Really its not a joke.

That's why you do both.
Yes it is. Ever since I parted out my clone I have been wanting to build another. Maybe I’ll just do a MOD0.
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 6:42:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 8:07:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Sexy
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 2:04:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Are there any risers that are "clone correct" for an Mk18 RIS II build with a EXPS3.0-TAN and G33? Is the Wilcox one good to go?

I just shot a AR-15 with the Unity Tactical FAST riser and it just seemed so natural having the EOTech up just a little higher.

If the Wilcox is g2g which height should I be looking for? 0.410" or 5/8" or would that not matter on an Mk18 build?
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 2:25:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Roadblock:
Are there any risers that are "clone correct" for an Mk18 RIS II build with a EXPS3.0-TAN and G33? Is the Wilcox one good to go?

I just shot a AR-15 with the Unity Tactical FAST riser and it just seemed so natural having the EOTech up just a little higher.

If the Wilcox is g2g which height should I be looking for? 0.410" or 5/8" or would that not matter on an Mk18 build?
View Quote
Short version, non that are technically clone correct as issues but see folks with KAC risers on here.

No clone correct risers but if you want something as high as the unity tactical (2.33 o r whatever it is) you need a 5/8 inch riser for the standard ar height (i.e. non 416 / SCAR rail height). A lower 1/3 height optic plus a 1/2 inch or 5/8 inch riser will get you the unity tactical height.

The .410s were made specifically for the 416 rail height (someone correct me if I’m wrong)

I recently learned that ADM has an eotech riser that is compatible with the EXPS models that puts the eotech at a 1.93 height. I really like it on my SCAR.

Augee had a great write up on another forum with pretty much every single combo of optic and riser you could want and the heights. I have it some place, I’ll see if I can find it and screen cap it here for you.
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 2:38:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Interesting photo....what’s mounted in place of a Peq?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 2:46:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#23]
Originally Posted By -KentuckyWindage-:
Interesting photo....what’s mounted in place of a Peq?
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/490874/D5059D4F-A147-4166-981C-FBFFE9CA524D_jpeg-1007683.JPG
View Quote
psq-23.  Basically a peq15 with built in laser range-finding capabilities.
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 2:48:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By brodband8:

View Quote
Interesting, thanks for the ID
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 2:52:30 PM EDT
[#25]
So went to have a conjugal today with the MK18 and Surefire RC. The last range trip I could not get the suppressor mounted whatsoever, it felt like the tolerances on the 4 prong were too tight when slipping the suppressor on and it wouldn't seat at all.

So I since changed to another 4 prong to see if that was the culprit, Still no luck. My 2nd RC can is at a different dealer so I was unable to test if the can itself was the culprit but the lock ring was fully open and it seems to stop 1/2" before the end of the muzzle device.

I bought this one second hand but there is no excessive carbon build up in the collar and the 4P is brand new so I'm thinking I may need to RMA this to Surefire.
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 3:00:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 3:05:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

Maybe give it a shot with some CLP on the SF4P? If its used then i would think it fits but is just being stubborn
View Quote
I tried some CLP and tapping with a rubber mallet, she wouldn't go lol. I was scared if I banged too hard I wouldn't be able to get it off when I needed to leave the range.
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 3:07:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#28]
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 3:08:09 PM EDT
[#29]
I had the same problem with my three prong. I have not been to the dealer to try it out on the four prong yet.
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 3:10:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: red6actual] [#30]

View Quote
I bet that storm adds some bulk and weight to that cqbr...
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 3:12:29 PM EDT
[#31]
I had the same problem with my three prong. I have not been to the dealer to try it out on the four prong yet.
View All Quotes
Shit, May need to contact Surefire then.

RMA may be the smart route. Knowing me, I would probably just hammer it on. Then never be able to remove it again.
Well I thought about the shooting off method but I didn't want to do that if needed lmao.
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 3:13:18 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm back baby! Finally renewed my member-ship.  Felt odd without an avatar ...etc. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 3:14:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 3:21:09 PM EDT
[#34]

Honestly bro I think its probably just tight tolerances with the brand new muzzle devices. When krdt gets online he may have some tips.

Brodband might too
View Quote
Only thing funny was the Salty ass 4P I had didn't fit either that's whats got me wondering why the hell it won't slip on but it could just be tolerances in general.
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 3:26:08 PM EDT
[#35]

Only thing funny was the Salty ass 4P I had didn't fit either that's whats got me wondering why the hell it won't slip on but it could just be tolerances in general.
View Quote
Hard to say.  I have seen 4 prongs with prongs that were slightly bent cause fitment issues. (literally couldn't tell unless you mic'd them that they were bent.)  Other than that I have no idea.  Carbon build up inside the can should not cause fitment issues that I am aware of.  As long as the locking collar is fully disengaged, it should slide on with relative ease.
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 3:26:45 PM EDT
[#36]

I tried some CLP and tapping with a rubber mallet, she wouldn't go lol. I was scared if I banged too hard I wouldn't be able to get it off when I needed to leave the range.
View Quote
I guess you would just need to take it home then
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 3:28:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eMc9001] [#37]

Hard to say.  I have seen 4 prongs with prongs that were slightly bent cause fitment issues. (literally couldn't tell unless you mic'd them that they were bent.)  Other than that I have no idea.  Carbon build up inside the can should not cause fitment issues that I am aware of.  As long as the locking collar is fully disengaged, it should slide on with relative ease.
View All Quotes

Yeah locking collar was fully disengaged, Ran CLP inside the collar where it slides on the 4P and put some on the 4P itself with no luck.

Originally Posted By wissota4:

I guess you would just need to take it home then
If only.
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 3:30:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 3:35:12 PM EDT
[#39]

Alright yeah if its not sliding over a suppressor used SF4P then I would say it defintiely needs to be RMA'd. As long as you're sure the locking collar was fully opened up. I was messing with usmcmatt90's Warden the other day and got it stuck closed, off of a muzzle device.
View Quote
Yeah I had that problem as well when screwing with it but it was only because I was making sure the collar was not opening up all the way and I cinched it down too tight lol. I guess I'll contact surefire, lame.
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 3:53:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Yeah I had that problem as well when screwing with it but it was only because I was making sure the collar was not opening up all the way and I cinched it down too tight lol. I guess I'll contact surefire, lame.
View All Quotes

Alright yeah if its not sliding over a suppressor used SF4P then I would say it defintiely needs to be RMA'd. As long as you're sure the locking collar was fully opened up. I was messing with usmcmatt90's Warden the other day and got it stuck closed, off of a muzzle device.
A single allen head screw holds the locking collar latch in place, after which you can just unscrew the entire collar. Removing it might give you a better idea where your clearance problem is.

I'm sure you've tried, but just to verify, once you have it on the MD, you're rotating the can to find the index notch so it can drop the last little bit, correct?
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 3:55:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Did someone say riser? Finally can go larping in my friends basement now.

Link Posted: 7/7/2019 3:59:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 4:30:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eMc9001] [#43]
Originally Posted By krdt:

A single allen head screw holds the locking collar latch in place, after which you can just unscrew the entire collar. Removing it might give you a better idea where your clearance problem is.

I'm sure you've tried, but just to verify, once you have it on the MD, you're rotating the can to find the index notch so it can drop the last little bit, correct?
View Quote
I was going to try to mess with the collar but I didn't have an allen small enough with me at the time so I didn't bother with that. Correct on the notch, I would generally line it up but I spun the can around numerous times to get it to index and drop in the last amount. It wasn't even seating far enough to index to be honest, I could still see the index notch being clear of the collar by less than an 1/8"
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 4:44:04 PM EDT
[#44]
I was going to try to mess with the collar but I didn't have an allen small enough with me at the time so I didn't bother with that. Correct on the notch, I would generally line it up but I spun the can around numerous times to get it to index and drop in the last amount. It wasn't even seating far enough to index to be honest, I could still see the index notch being clear of the collar by less than an 1/8"
View All Quotes

Ah, okay... figured, but had to check.

Before I sent it in I'd next look for carbon build up as a possible culprit. Sometimes carbon will accumulate just below the first bearing surface ring (the one with the index notch), and can actually extend past the edge of the ring and prevent proper seating. So, I'd check that and bring a little flathead screwdriver and mallet to chip it off if necessary. It's possible the first ring itself has some buildup (tolerances are fairly tight, so it doesn't take much), but I've found the area just below it to be more of a problem. The other possibility is that the previous owner used a different muzzle device and there might be some build up on the second bearing surface ring keeping the 4P from seating completely.

If you've completely eliminated carbon as a possibility, it's probably going to need to go back to SF. Since you've tried two different 4Ps, I'd think the chances of both of them being out of spec to be highly unlikely. I'd probably pop the locking ring off just out of curiosity to see if it'd seat and if not, whether I could better see the obstruction, but if the locking ring is bent or out of spec, it'd kinda be a moot point even if it seated.
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 4:55:52 PM EDT
[#45]
More RC woes
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 5:07:16 PM EDT
[#46]

Before I sent it in I'd next look for carbon build up as a possible culprit. Sometimes carbon will accumulate just below the first bearing surface ring (the one with the index notch), and can actually extend past the edge of the ring and prevent proper seating. So, I'd check that and bring a little flathead screwdriver and mallet to chip it off if necessary. It's possible the first ring itself has some buildup (tolerances are fairly tight, so it doesn't take much), but I've found the area just below it to be more of a problem. The other possibility is that the previous owner used a different muzzle device and there might be some build up on the second bearing surface ring keeping the 4P from seating completely.

If you've completely eliminated carbon as a possibility, it's probably going to need to go back to SF. Since you've tried two different 4Ps, I'd think the chances of both of them being out of spec to be highly unlikely. I'd probably pop the locking ring off just out of curiosity to see if it'd seat and if not, whether I could better see the obstruction, but if the locking ring is bent or out of spec, it'd kinda be a moot point even if it seated.
View Quote
Solid advice thanks. I'll head over there again sometime next week and bring some tool's and make sure it's nothing on my end so I don't feel like a dumbass if it's something simple. The first inner mounting ring where the collar slips around seemed fairly clear of carbon and I cleaned it with CLP as well to see if there was any build up but I didn't check right below where the index notch was so I'll try that. If anything else it just may be out of spec and need replacing.
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 5:42:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: krdt] [#47]
Solid advice thanks. I'll head over there again sometime next week and bring some tool's and make sure it's nothing on my end so I don't feel like a dumbass if it's something simple. The first inner mounting ring where the collar slips around seemed fairly clear of carbon and I cleaned it with CLP as well to see if there was any build up but I didn't check right below where the index notch was so I'll try that. If anything else it just may be out of spec and need replacing.
View All Quotes

I tried to find a pic that better illustrates the areas I mean:

The arrow is the blast chamber just below the first main index ring and the primary area I'd check; the circles are on the second bearing surface ring and could be another area to look. Carbon could certainly be a cause, but if you didn't notice a good amount of buildup when cleaning it with CLP, it's probably not the issue.

The only other thought, and it's a long shot - I've never actually tried to see, but think it might be possible to reassemble the locking collar incorrectly. The locking collar should be snug against the body of the can when tight. If it's none of those, it'll probably turn out the previous owner slightly bent the locking collar or something silly like that. I believe SF test fires every can, so I doubt it came from the factory like that.
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 5:51:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 6:03:55 PM EDT
[#49]

I tried to find a pic that better illustrates the areas I mean:
http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.050619.RC.Baffle.5026-03.jpg

The arrow is the blast chamber just below the first main index ring and the primary area I'd check; the circles are on the second bearing surface ring and could be another area to look. Carbon could certainly be a cause, but if you didn't notice a good amount of buildup when cleaning it with CLP, it's probably not the issue.

The only other thought, and it's a long shot - I've never actually tried to see, but think it might be possible to reassemble the locking collar incorrectly. The locking collar should be snug against the body of the can when tight. If it's none of those, it'll probably turn out the previous owner slightly bent the locking collar or something silly like that. I believe SF test fires every can, so I doubt it came from the factory like that.
View Quote
I will take a look at those areas again to make sure, I really didn't have a whole lot of time left to be thorough with it as I was trying to shoot as well. I was unable to lock it down on the mount obviously but it got completely snug without it being on the 4P but that's not a true sign it's all good. If carbon come's back to not be the issue and I pull off the collar and it still doesn't seat it may be some issue that its out of tolerance from something and I will need to RMA.
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 7:05:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: xmdris68] [#50]
Been lurking on these threads for a bit. Just wanted to give my humble contribution. Plan on making it an SBR very soon.

Page / 1565
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1236 of 1565)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top