Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1193 of 1565)
Page / 1565
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 7:18:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By krdt:

Lol. Well, let's just say between my Brownells URG/ammo purchases and the Federal rebate ammo I got from PSA w/ 5% cash back, I'll be getting a pretty friendly payout in May :D.

Kinda funny seeing DD show up a day late to the party; if they wanted to cash in selling RIS IIs individually, they should have done it back when they were commanding $500+ regularly. Of course, this was discussed back when they did the one-day sale thing. Either way, they are the ones who forced the whole "buy the URG for the rail" model on us. I say oblige them; it's the better deal anyway. If you want to get really shifty, time your purchase to coincide with a 10% coupon and AJ doing 6-8%.
View Quote
That’s what I did!  I think it was 7% AJ and a 10% off while on sale.  I think it was $602 and change.
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 7:20:12 PM EDT
[#2]
@tinycrumb rules

Link Posted: 4/11/2019 7:41:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By vanquishings:
@tinycrumb rules

https://i.imgur.com/vPFtU02.gif
View Quote
I've been considering swapping my RIS II over the the URGI version... kinda on the fence.  Is buying the stripped or near clone upper still the only way to get one or is there a source for the MK16 rail/barrel nut only?
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 8:19:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AASG] [#4]
I don't know if yall've seen this yet, but DS Arms is offering what appears to be a pretty legit Mk18 block 1 complete (no BCG/CH) upper. Here.
10.3" check.
KAC RAS, check.
MaTech BUIS, check.
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 8:22:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

Rattle can it, clone correct.  I did use a FN Mk17 A2 grip.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_6216_rx_jpg-908110.JPG

CD
View Quote
What does that drum fit that I see in the top left and what kind of weapon is that in the top right that I can see a vfg and bipod?
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 8:30:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By 78Staff:

I've been considering swapping my RIS II over the the URGI version... kinda on the fence.  Is buying the stripped or near clone upper still the only way to get one or is there a source for the MK16 rail/barrel nut only?
View Quote
Only other place I've seen sell individually is Charlie's Custom Clones but the price of the rail is crazy over there.
Might be able to get some table scraps from the EE.

Your better off picking the stripped upper on a sale day and selling the barrel/gb and upper back to the EE.
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 8:59:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TGWLDR] [#7]
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 9:49:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wissota4] [#8]
Originally Posted By Tigwelder1971:

Should be solid. Curious as to port sizing.

Specs:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/416992/Screenshot_20190411-195755-909499.png
View Quote
I asked this around December, but it appears the thread is gone now.
@mbf11 stated they make the port size .072
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 9:51:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 10:44:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By wissota4:

View Quote

Thanks man.
View Quote
That's a pretty sweet deal. Great price considering it comes with the correct handguard and rear sight.
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 10:48:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#11]
@tinycrumb rules

View Quote
I love how detailed he gets. That's a 10.4" hk416, correct? Do they go by any other name? Is it classified as a cqbr of some sort?
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 12:11:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Dyzastr:

That's a pretty sweet deal. Great price considering it comes with the correct handguard and rear sight.
View Quote
Have been entertaining picking up their A2 FSB barrel for $140.  It’s chrome lined but I don’t see anything about MPI/HPT.

I’m getting tired of waiting for AU to get more...
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 2:13:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#13]
Originally Posted By AASG:

What does that drum fit that I see in the top left and what kind of weapon is that in the top right that I can see a vfg and bipod?
View Quote
Ultramax 100 Mk III
Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 3:07:14 AM EDT
[#14]

Ultramax 100 Mk III
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_5868_jpg-909746.JPG

CD
View Quote
I'd never heard of that before. I looked it up on wiki. Are US forces using those?
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 3:14:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#15]
Originally Posted By AASG:

I'd never heard of that before. I looked it up on wiki. Are US forces using those?
View Quote
No, but in SF foreign weapons pool.

CD
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 8:04:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 9:33:05 AM EDT
[#17]

CD
View Quote
This is a pool i want to swim in.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 9:49:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#18]
Bob to the deep end, Mister!

Now take your fins off!

Now I never was a student at this facility.  That land used to be a Hawk Missile site.  CDQC used to be at the other end of Fleming Key.  Class 6-85'

CD
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 10:08:45 AM EDT
[#19]
@tinycrumb rules

View Quote
Looks to be about $200 stick with those bells and whistles.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 10:21:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Bob to the deep end, Mister!

https://scontent-sea1-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/cc8c2d3a9fd8517b036b3b6818f109fa/5CD3C4B1/t51.2885-15/e35/43613380_835368703626628_8762909737943638906_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.cdninstagram.com&ig_cache_key=MTg5NzYwMjY4MjU3MzMyMDgyNA%3D%3D.2

Now take your fins off!

Now I never was a student at this facility.  That land used to be a Hawk Missile site.  CDQC used to be at the other end of Fleming Key.  Class 6-85'

CD
View Quote
That's awesome, I could never do it. I'm not an underwater type of guy, I prefer my water activities on top of the water, generally being pulled by a boat that produces a solid wake .

Full respect to you and the others that have passed that kind of training.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 11:54:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WSAR15] [#21]
Originally Posted By wissota4:

View Quote
I bought only the barrel assembly A2 FS a few months back for a future project and I asked the same question: 0.072" was confirmed
https://dsarms.com/p-17064-dsa-ar15-103-chrome-lined-m4-profile-17-twist-barrel-with-sight-tower.aspx
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 1:56:26 PM EDT
[#22]
@tinycrumb rules

View Quote
QUALITY FLEX
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 6:45:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Here is my humble contribution. Tax stamp was submitted 25Mar and approved 7Apr

Link Posted: 4/12/2019 9:00:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SecretSquirell] [#24]
Originally Posted By JSchell1309:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JSchell1309:

CD
Would probably be something like this.

Link Posted: 4/12/2019 9:09:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By thasiccness:

https://i.ibb.co/zVfKwKm/65-BF183-F-A624-4498-9265-C8467-D61-EE16.jpg
View Quote
Very nice.

Your photoshop efforts notwithstanding.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 9:38:33 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote
Oooooooh! PURPLE!
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 10:31:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#27]

View Quote
Mmm, purple diemaco

ETA- I knew if I was patient I'd snag a beat up rear cqd on the cheap from the EE. gonna throw this one on my colt lower.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 10:48:22 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote
Are E-forms processing that fast?
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 10:53:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Tacticool_Duck:

View Quote
For some yes.
Seems to be hit or miss though.

In my case I'm at about 3 months and change.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 11:19:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By 2Keylows:
For some yes.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 2Keylows:

For some yes.

Yeah, if you get an insta-proceed from NICS, it's about 14 days. If you're one of the lucky few that get stuck in background... you end up at 126 days and counting like me.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 11:34:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tacticool_Duck] [#31]

Yeah, if you get an insta-proceed from NICS, it's about 14 days. If you're one of the lucky few that get stuck in background... you end up at 126 days and counting like me.
View Quote
Sounds like I need to get on the ball then. I glanced over at the NFA forums, but what is the best way to go about doing it the first time Silencerco, do it yourself?
200.00, Finger Prints, Picture, Firearm Details (OAL, Manufacturer, Etc), engraving (barrel example)? Seems pretty straight forward, no?
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 1:46:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Sounds like I need to get on the ball then. I glanced over at the NFA forums, but what is the best way to go about doing it the first time Silencerco, do it yourself?
200.00, Finger Prints, Picture, Firearm Details (OAL, Manufacturer, Etc), engraving (barrel example)? Seems pretty straight forward, no?
View All Quotes

It's well worth doing yourself. Once you go through the process once, it's easy peasy; I can knock out a new form in about 10 minutes, counting fingerprint cards.

I'd suggest getting a pile of FD258s and an ink pad to roll your own prints - the cards can be had for free from the ATF and the pad from Amazon or Office Max. You can even go a step further and scan your prints for future use (what I do). At the most basic level, you'd just scan a completed FD258, then erase everything but the prints - maybe adjust levels/contrast a bit - and after a test print or two to adjust alignment, you should be good to go. That'll give you the ability to create fingerprint cards on demand just like Silencer Shop.

The photo can be done with nothing more than a cellphone camera against a white wall (the white background isn't even required, but that's what I use). In fact, it doesn't technically even need to be in color. When it comes to the photo, they are pretty lenient (just needs to be passport style). For engraving, most do it in the trigger pocket and that's what I'd recommend.

Doing the eFile itself is pretty self-explanatory, and there are fairly thorough guides that will walk you through it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 6:07:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: thasiccness] [#33]
Efiling is pretty simple. I used a cropped command photo in OCPs, just to test the photo theory lol.

Here’s another “non photoshop” photo

Actually it’s the Lightroom app you can download on the App Store. It’s pretty fucking handy and makes photos turn out great with just a click of a button.

But here’s purple in the sun, before I added the cqd’s which btw is slightly gaping in the rear lol. Maybe I need to bend it to straighten it out.

Link Posted: 4/13/2019 8:08:39 AM EDT
[#34]

It's well worth doing yourself. Once you go through the process once, it's easy peasy; I can knock out a new form in about 10 minutes, counting fingerprint cards.

I'd suggest getting a pile of FD258s and an ink pad to roll your own prints - the cards can be had for free from the ATF and the pad from Amazon or Office Max. You can even go a step further and scan your prints for future use (what I do). At the most basic level, you'd just scan a completed FD258, then erase everything but the prints - maybe adjust levels/contrast a bit - and after a test print or two to adjust alignment, you should be good to go. That'll give you the ability to create fingerprint cards on demand just like Silencer Shop.

The photo can be done with nothing more than a cellphone camera against a white wall (the white background isn't even required, but that's what I use). In fact, it doesn't technically even need to be in color. When it comes to the photo, they are pretty lenient (just needs to be passport style). For engraving, most do it in the trigger pocket and that's what I'd recommend.

Doing the eFile itself is pretty self-explanatory, and there are fairly thorough guides that will walk you through it.
View Quote
Thank you for the links!
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 10:06:51 AM EDT
[#35]
My cqd is bent also. Seems to be the norm now.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 12:20:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 2:35:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Basically an m4a1 cqbr blockii is what you got. M4a1 is the 14.5”, and m4a1 cqbr is the 10.3”.
View Quote
Roger that! I like it...
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 4:54:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#38]
I love the pineapple magnifier with the 552. I ended up sellin my pineapple mag because I couldn't get a good sight picture with the 552.  It lined up great with the 553 however.  I've since got an aimpoint mag and really like it. I may check out a g23 or g33 if I come across one at a good price. The aimpoint has really good glass.
ETA- just noticed the LT15-7”. Very cool setup.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 5:17:47 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

Have they updated the finger print cards lately? I still have to dig mine out, but I got a stack of em about 4-6 years ago when I did my first sbr, and wanted to be sure they were still acceptable an$ not outdated.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 5:51:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Form 1 stamp is approved and on the way so I got a little exited and spray painted it. Trying to decide if the lmt or poop brown b5 will look better.. Or maybe spray a black sopmod to match.

Link Posted: 4/13/2019 7:09:39 PM EDT
[#41]
When the question is buttstock, the answer is NEVER Poop Brown lol
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 7:28:54 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote
ALL the poop brown.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 7:36:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: krdt] [#43]
Have they updated the finger print cards lately? I still have to dig mine out, but I got a stack of em about 4-6 years ago when I did my first sbr, and wanted to be sure they were still acceptable an$ not outdated.
View All Quotes

I'm pretty sure the only thing that might have changed is the ORI. You could white it out and write in the newer one if necessary (or just order new cards; it only takes a few days). Some get approved even with no ORI or the wrong ORI, but I wouldn't take the chance.

ETA: Current ORI for the NFA Branch:

WVATF0800
ATF-NATL TRA CTR
MARTINSBURG, WV
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 9:17:13 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote
Don’t hate the poop
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 9:29:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By TigerHawk:
Don’t hate the poop
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TigerHawk:
Don’t hate the poop
This
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 10:02:23 PM EDT
[#46]
What kind of gadget would one use if you wanted to accurately measure the diameter of the gas port?

I didn’t know about this thread last year when DD did their “initiative” and I bought my RIS II, and also the DD barrel and upper. I would have tried to measure it when I took the gas block off to install everything if I had known.

Now it’s bugging me enough that I may take it all apart, but I want to have the proper tool first.

Doesn’t help that DD never responded when I asked them about it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 10:04:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Akin:
What kind of gadget would one use if you wanted to accurately measure the diameter of the gas port?

I didn’t know about this thread last year when DD did their “initiative” and I bought my RIS II, and also the DD barrel and upper. I would have tried to measure it when I took the gas block off to install everything if I had known.

Now it’s bugging me enough that I may take it all apart, but I want to have the proper tool first.

Doesn’t help that DD never responded when I asked them about it.
View Quote
One would use a set of pin gauges for this measurement. I'm sure its .070 though
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 10:13:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

One would use a set of pin gauges for this measurement. I'm sure its .070 though
View Quote
Although not as accurate, you could just get a caliper and measure the port. You will be able to tell if it's .07 or .08 whatever.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 10:37:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 10:43:03 PM EDT
[#50]

Pin gauge set is the proper method.

Calipers will work as will drill bit shanks.

#46=.081"
#50=.070"
View Quote
Not many people want to go buy a pin gage set is why I offered a cheap alternative, and having some calipers around is always useful.
Page / 1565
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1193 of 1565)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top