Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1011 of 1565)
Page / 1565
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 1:50:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 2:16:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Tigwelder1971:

Same article that I was just reading. And where the quoted text came from.

I gotta quit reading these threads. Just when I "think" I am content with my collection, I see another must have.
View Quote
I think these are my favorite Mk18 pics.  I actually find the CQBR more pleasing to me though.....  For no other reason than looks......

Link Posted: 4/28/2018 3:00:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

Crane would have used standard M4/M4A1 USGI 4 position receiver extensions from whatever Govt contractor.  Here's one

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_1597-528197.JPG

CD
View Quote
Thanks C_D!
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 3:07:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 3:08:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Tigwelder1971:
So this upper( Colt 10 inch Special Purpose (SP) ) would not have the capability to mount the NT4?
(Didn't know these existed either). 1990s SWAT .
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/416992/sx-101-528310.jpg
View Quote
Yes they can mount an nt4 because the bayo lug has been chopped off. 10.3 is shortest with the bayo lug.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 3:30:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 4:19:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By M4A1SOPMOD:

Whats the stoery on these? First KAC gangster grip ive seen in the wild.
View Quote
They from my Collection

Polish Grom used them

Link Posted: 4/28/2018 4:45:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice pics, and great collection. I'd love to get my hands on a KAC gangster grip.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 5:02:30 PM EDT
[#9]
@MILSPEC556 as you requested.

And these are only lights that are not currently assigned to a weapon.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 5:04:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Can we get 10 weaponlight? I bet you can do it
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 5:05:08 PM EDT
[#11]
I want to see a picture at night with all those turned on!
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 5:05:42 PM EDT
[#12]
While all you ballers have those WMX200, I picked up the OG version today. All for only  $100

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 5:09:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I'd have to steal one off of a clone, but I miiiight be able to squeeze one behind the 600 on the receiver.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 5:10:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
I'd have to steal one off of a clone, but I miiiight be able to squeeze one behind the 600 on the receiver.
View All Quotes

If you have a QD scope with a top mounted pic rail, a weaponlight on that would be the icing on the cake
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 5:11:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By tifosi:
I want to see a picture at night with all those turned on!
View Quote
Already tore it down. And I'm not sure if I have enough batteries to power all that anymore.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 5:13:59 PM EDT
[#16]
If you have a QD scope with a top mounted pic rail, a weaponlight on that would be the icing on the cake
View All Quotes

I don't have any optic mounts like that though.

Do you remember the "most tacticool AR" that Highjak86 did up as a joke?
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 5:20:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 5:22:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:

Nice pics, and great collection. I'd love to get my hands on a KAC gangster grip.
View Quote
Not KAC but the delta versions are easy to make yourself.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 5:23:50 PM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

Just looked it up. Lol #Sidepod gotta get them accurate shots while against the wall. The side scope is also epic
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 5:23:54 PM EDT
[#20]
While all you ballers have those WMX200, I picked up the OG version today. All for only  $100

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/204916/20180428_155233-528473.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/204916/20180428_155226-528474.JPG
View Quote
Was this an early(right before 416) devgru mount? Ive one in use by them but cant remember.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 5:25:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Interesting article. When I posted my first pic of the mk18 I had my Trijicon reflex (rx01-nsn), and cd had stated that they weren't used, or weren't used much, as the cco (aimpoint m2) had been introduced to the sopmod list. I'd like to find some pics if there are any.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 5:27:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Dyzastr:
Interesting article. When I posted my first pic of the mk18 I had my Trijicon reflex (rx01-nsn), and cd had stated that they weren't used, or weren't used much, as the cco (aimpoint m2) had been introduced to the sopmod list. I'd like to find some pics if there are any.
View Quote
I'm sure multiple somebodies somewhere used an RX01-NSN on a Block 1 Sea Cucumber
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 5:32:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Should I do a CQBR with an LT rail? I've got it set up as a 14.5" right now, but I am seriously getting the urge to cut the barrel down to 10.3...

Half-assed PS mock up of the rifle in question. Yay or nay?

Link Posted: 4/28/2018 5:32:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Was this an early(right before 416) devgru mount? Ive one in use by them but cant remember.
View All Quotes

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/204916/20180428_155233-528473.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/204916/20180428_155226-528474.JPG
I honestly have no idea, but they do seem pretty old. I've never even seen one and stumbled on it in the EE for $25, so I had to have it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 5:33:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Should I do a CQBR with an LT rail? I've got it set up as a 14.5" right now, but I am seriously getting the urge to cut the barrel down to 10.3...

https://imgur.com/gevas2R.gif
View Quote
A.R.M.S. S.I.R.

(I like it) thats a yay from me
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 5:34:52 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote
I think it looks sexy.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 5:54:06 PM EDT
[#27]

Good to go ETA looks like yours might be .05" shorter or something than this issued bbl. But hey, who gives a sheeit. Long as its not that devil 10.5!

https://i.imgur.com/C6uznpi.jpg
View Quote
Wow. This is badass
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 6:45:14 PM EDT
[#28]
I think you should use the LT hand guard.
ADCO 6920 cut to 10.3 and old Gen 1 LMT

" />
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 7:21:43 PM EDT
[#29]

I honestly have no idea, but they do seem pretty old. I've never even seen one and stumbled on it in the EE for $25, so I had to have it.
View Quote
Surefire M76 mount. They may have actually used it on the 416 before the S&S mount came along.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 7:27:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Surefire M76 mount. They may have actually used it on the 416 before the S&S mount came along.
View All Quotes

I know what it is, just not in what manner they were used. I figured it would make a decent poor mans WMX200 since I just snagged up a 300 for $75.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 7:47:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#31]
I know what it is, just not in what manner they were used. I figured it would make a decent poor mans WMX200 since I just snagged up a 300 for $75.
View All Quotes

I'm with you there bro. With a magnifier, I 100 percent get it and want a rotational/flip to side mount. With a weaponlight? Meh. Lol Makes you wonder why it exists. (Maybe to get it out of the way with your rifle slung?) idk that's all I got lol

ETA maybe that's their version of a traditional or offset light mount? I don't k ow how well they stay secured in the rotated position but that would make more sense than what I was initially thinking (some dude rotating it back and forth)
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 8:05:41 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm with you there bro. With a magnifier, I 100 percent get it and want a rotational/flip to side mount. With a weaponlight? Meh. Cool, but I wouldn't get any benefit out of it. Makes you wonder why it exists. (Maybe to get it out of the way with your rifle slung?) idk that's all I got lol
View All Quotes

I'm with you there bro. With a magnifier, I 100 percent get it and want a rotational/flip to side mount. With a weaponlight? Meh. Cool, but I wouldn't get any benefit out of it. Makes you wonder why it exists. (Maybe to get it out of the way with your rifle slung?) idk that's all I got lol
The only thing I can think of is more adjustability when running it next to a PEQ/LAM and a regular mount obviously won't clear and an offset moves it out too much.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 8:11:03 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm with you there bro. With a magnifier, I 100 percent get it and want a rotational/flip to side mount. With a weaponlight? Meh. Lol Makes you wonder why it exists. (Maybe to get it out of the way with your rifle slung?) idk that's all I got lol

ETA maybe that's their version of a traditional or offset light mount? I don't k ow how well they stay secured in the rotated position but that would make more sense than what I was initially thinking (some dude rotating it back and forth)
View All Quotes

It's got 2 set screws to tighten it up or lock it in place. Seems to lock up very tight when cranked down. Not sure how they'd do under recoil though.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 8:14:01 PM EDT
[#34]
It's got 2 set screws to tighten it up or lock it in place. Seems to lock up very tight when cranked down. Not sure how they'd do under recoil though.
View All Quotes

Weirdskis. Now I see why everyone raves over the Gear Sector and not the rotational
Still a cool piece to have tho. Would def put a dab of some blue loctite on them babies
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 8:21:42 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

So it could be ran in the offset position.From what ive gathered, devgru ran their lights in the 4-5:00 position on those gg&g rails where there was actual rail section in that position. Then the 416 came and they wanted them in that same position, so surefire probably came up with the M76,( i guess so one could choose if they wanted it offset or not and not have keep 2 different mounts on hand? Idk) but then i think the S&S mount came out so the M76 was short lived. This was way before the plethora of offset mounts there is now.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 9:33:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 100roundclipazine] [#36]
Blank slate time... This will be elcan/wmx/atipal-c territory only... My final clone iteration lol

Hefty Hefty Hefty! Also note the traditional floral pattern
Witness mark crew

Might rattle can the shit out of it when its all together... now just to find a damn wmx2$$$

Link Posted: 4/28/2018 9:34:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Weirdskis. Now I see why everyone raves over the Gear Sector and not the rotational
Still a cool piece to have tho. Would def put a dab of some blue loctite on them babies
View All Quotes

I like using Vibra-tite on stuff like that. It doesn't harden like Loctite and can be used over and over again. Can make small adjustments and never lose it's holding ability.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 10:15:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Thanks for the suggestions. Found a 4pc set of these LH threaded stripped screw removers. Worked like a charm. Gonna try strip the original hood and prob use that one if it comes out nice. Feels weird havin the 2018 logo on a 2005 optic. Got another goody comin from the same time period. Pics to come soon.

Link Posted: 4/28/2018 11:49:50 PM EDT
[#39]

Thanks for the suggestions. Found a 4pc set of these LH threaded stripped screw removers. Worked like a charm. Gonna try strip the original hood and prob use that one if it comes out nice. Feels weird havin the 2018 logo on a 2005 optic. Got another goody comin from the same time period. Pics to come soon.
http://i.imgur.com/nO12keZ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/bKcpY9M.jpg
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 12:18:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Might ht as well join the madness.

...because 1 is none and 2 is for sissies!

Still functional!
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 12:31:13 AM EDT
[#41]
Ok...figured out what it was really meant for.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 12:32:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Might ht as well join the madness.

...because 1 is none and 2 is for sissies!
http://i.imgur.com/yhTIlWk.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/jgL8TMh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/hbow8e0.jpg
Still functional!
View Quote
I've only got one M900
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 12:34:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Holy grippy ass pistol Batman. If I made holsters I’d totally make you an OTWB rig for that setup
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 12:41:55 AM EDT
[#44]
There's an '02 ris in the EE for $140
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 12:43:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Holy grippy ass pistol Batman. If I made holsters I’d totally make you an OTWB rig for that setup
View All Quotes
Yeah I got a bit carried away with the grip tape. I need to re-do them though, thing has been handled so much that they're starting to becomes smooth.

It actually puts the switch in the perfect position to actuate with your off hand thumb.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 12:52:59 AM EDT
[#46]
There's an '02 ris in the EE for $140
View Quote
you jumped on that quick

nice snag
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 12:59:49 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:

you jumped on that quick

nice snag
View Quote
I really shouldn't have, but I'm a sucker for earlier 2000's. Plus it's an ris. I Don't have one of those. I'll sell off an ras to make up for it. I was a senior in high school about to graduate at that date, 4-11-02.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 1:25:51 AM EDT
[#48]

View Quote
I vote yay
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 1:34:48 AM EDT
[#49]
I really shouldn't have, but I'm a sucker for earlier 2000's. Plus it's an ris. I Don't have one of those. I'll sell off an ras to make up for it. I was a senior in high school about to graduate at that date, 4-11-02.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JLAudio:

you jumped on that quick

nice snag
For some reason I pictured you being older than 34
Prob your love for old parts.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 1:35:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Yeah I got a bit carried away with the grip tape. I need to re-do them though, thing has been handled so much that they're starting to becomes smooth.

It actually puts the switch in the perfect position to actuate with your off hand thumb.
View All Quotes

Cover the whole pistol this time. Outlandish is your new M.O.
Page / 1565
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1011 of 1565)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top