BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/17/2020 7:50:53 PM EDT
I've got one extra prototype of a bore guide and several buffers that I'd like to give away in exchange for testing and feedback on fit/function/longevity/improvements needed.

PM me if interested in trying one or both out.  I'm planning to make a small beta prototype run of guides from Delrin very soon.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 9:06:31 PM EDT
[#1]
That bore guide looks like a great idea.  I'd be happy to test and evaluate.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 9:11:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I’d be interested in a buffer. Have a 22lr sbr suppressed. And a normal 16” gun.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:08:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd also be glad to help evaluate these parts if you still need a volunteer.  I've been plenty pleased with the final production part I bought and prototype pressure plugs I helped test that you produced a while back.

PM inbound.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 3:36:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I sent a PM yesterday unsure if it was received.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 7:18:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I responded to all PMs today, I was not at my computer yesterday after I posted -- a hit and run so to speak.  The bore guide went to Zukiphile, I'll let you all know when I have some Delrin guides made that are ready for testers.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 7:28:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a few ar22s
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 11:26:24 AM EDT
[#7]
I've got a couple 22 AR's. Id be down for some testing if you still need beta testers. Would the buffer quiet the bolt slap on a suppressed 22?
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 1:06:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've got a couple 22 AR's. Id be down for some testing if you still need beta testers. Would the buffer quiet the bolt slap on a suppressed 22?
View Quote
It should help -- I've never tested it since I live in an unfriendly jurisdiction which restricts my right to own a suppressor. I'll send two out to you for free if you PM me your address.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 1:08:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I just added a poll for the bore guide color -- please vote with your preference.  I'm going to choose a color and get a few beta prototypes underway.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 2:58:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Sent a PM OP and never heard anything back would still like to try 2 and will gladly pay shipping via PP.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 8:24:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Pm sent.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 8:39:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Sent a PM OP and never heard anything back would still like to try 2 and will gladly pay shipping via PP.
View Quote
I just sent you a second PM.  Strange you didn't get the first.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 11:02:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I just sent you a second PM.  Strange you didn't get the first.
View Quote
It’s all good figured 2 things either you didn’t want me to have one or you was busy. Lol.

Payment has been shipped and excited to try them out.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 12:30:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It’s all good figured 2 things either you didn’t want me to have one or you was busy. Lol.

Payment has been shipped and excited to try them out.
View Quote
I want everyone who wants to try them to try them.  I printed out 30 or so more, I've been sending out 2 per package and I'm interested in hearing feedback.  I'm limited by my workload to shooting occasionally, as are many others I'm sure.  When a bunch of these go out for testing, we figure out how to improve these parts faster.

Best of all, it gives us all motivation and excuses to go burn up a bulk pack
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 12:34:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I want everyone who wants to try them to try them.  I printed out 30 or so more, I've been sending out 2 per package and I'm interested in hearing feedback.  I'm limited by my workload to shooting occasionally, as are many others I'm sure.  When a bunch of these go out for testing, we figure out how to improve these parts faster.

Best of all, it gives us all motivation and excuses to go burn up a bulk pack
View Quote
Sounds good I have 2 AR22 based rifles one a sbr the other 16”. Will try both and see. Have cans on both of them and look forward to hearing the difference they make.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 11:51:07 PM EDT
[#16]
I’m willing to give one a try. I have a ar22 and sig 522
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 12:36:47 AM EDT
[#17]
@Renaissancemann

Sorry I didn't get back to you right away.  Some family stuff came up I had to deal with.  Replied back to your msg just now.  I'm also curious to see what difference your buffer makes on my super shorty suppressed setup with the binary trigger.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 12:14:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

...super shorty suppressed setup with the binary trigger.
View Quote
You sure know how to make an oppressed blue state resident jealous!
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 12:56:11 AM EDT
[#19]
I would love to try the buffer, but think I might be a bit late to this party... busy at SHOT this past week.

FYi 1: I purchased two of the butt plugs and run them with great satisfaction.

FYi 2:  I have a bore guide from another source and BLACK is way easier to keep clean, hence my vote :-)
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 1:56:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You sure know how to make an oppressed blue state resident jealous!
View Quote
Move to a free state or the country of Texas like where I'm at!
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 11:53:19 AM EDT
[#21]
The little white buffer looks just about how the one on my Air Force GI conversion is.

Not to sound dumb, but what does the Bore Guide do?
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 12:03:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The little white buffer looks just about how the one on my Air Force GI conversion is.

Not to sound dumb, but what does the Bore Guide do?
View Quote
helps you stick it in the rear.

No fighting trying to find the hole just lube up and insert. lol
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 12:10:24 PM EDT
[#23]
I have an sbr and 16' 22lr uppers.  I'd be interest in both.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 8:35:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Received the buffers today. Thanks!

Hoping to hit the range over the weekend. Will report back ASAP. Never had issues with the CMMG or Ciener .22’s. What is the specific motivation for the buffer?

I’ll also let you know if it runs any quieter with a suppressor.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 8:46:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Received mine as well. And I think I can actually hear audible difference.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 9:11:31 PM EDT
[#26]

GoPro Hero audio so take it for what it’s worth. But I think I can hear a difference.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 2:17:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Sako308 -- PM me, I made more and I still have a pile of them on my desk.  I'd be happy to send a few out.

Wreckdriver -- mostly to stop the bolt from battering itself to death.  The quieting of the suppressed rifles is a nice side effect.

Swampfox -- I hear a slight difference in the video.  Thanks for making that, it's very informative.

I'm heading to the range this weekend, and I'll test them out on this end (finally!).
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 2:57:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Sako308 -- PM me, I made more and I still have a pile of them on my desk.  I'd be happy to send a few out.

Wreckdriver -- mostly to stop the bolt from battering itself to death.  The quieting of the suppressed rifles is a nice side effect.

Swampfox -- I hear a slight difference in the video.  Thanks for making that, it's very informative.

I'm heading to the range this weekend, and I'll test them out on this end (finally!).  I've been focusing more on centerfire and developing a 75 grain 223 load for my rifle for use at 900 yards.  Maybe I'll test the buffers at the 900yd line!
View Quote
Sounds good I ran 50rds in that video and need to take some before and after pics of the buffer. Just wonder how bad it will get beat up. Suppressed HV is probably the worst battering it will see.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 3:37:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Yeah, the prototype will have a shorter life than a production buffer made from a more carefully selected polymer.  I'm going to run a brick or two of HV through mine with the buffer installed to see what happens to it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 10:21:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Got my proto buffers in.  Unfortunately as you can see in the photo I jacked my finger up at work requiring stitches today. It will be a while before I can give it a go.  Sorry, wasn't expecting my trigger finger to be out of action.  :(

The back of my old Ciener bolt doesn't have that notch for the locating tab at the back so I'll have to slightly modify one of these proto parts.  As soon as I'm able I'll give my feedback.  Based on how well the pressure plug turned out I'm sure these will be full of win as will be the final parts in delrin. You may be moving forward before I get a chance to check this out. Again sorry about that but many thanks in advance.

Link Posted: 1/28/2020 2:31:03 PM EDT
[#31]
I ran 100 rounds of HV on one of the first ABS versions (read: hard and not very tough).  even without a suppressor, I no longer heard the metal on metal "clack" of the bolt cycling, which was nice.

It was still serviceable, and would probably have lasted another couple hundred rounds, but I replaced it with one of the black (Carbon Fiber/PET) buffers for my next trip.  I have revised the design today a bit to improve fitment and lifespan, and I'll post photos when I get those printed out.  We're moving closer to getting these finalized and manufactured.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 8:23:04 PM EDT
[#32]
I was excited to finally try my buffers out last night at the range. Neither my Ceiner nor my CMMG have the cut out. I'll have to grind off the locator tab before I can give it a go. I've had both kits for longer than I thought if they don't have the cut out. Anyone know what the cut out is for?
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 10:00:44 PM EDT
[#33]
That’s strange both of my CMMG kits have them and they are both new within the past 5yrs or so.

Wish I could get out and enjoy mine. I have been so busy at work the past 3 weeks and the amount of rain we have received in the South has made it a no go for me as of late.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 10:45:01 PM EDT
[#34]
The older cmmg bcg did not have the cutout. My first cmmg 22lr upper I bought a while back came with a working forward assist. My second one that I bought used just had the plug but I decided for.no particular reason that I wanted forward assist to be functional as well. I purchased the insert for the bcg and the forward assist kit to install myself. When I went to fit the forward assist insert, it didnt go all the way to the rear and I noticed on the working one that it had the cutout but this used one didnt. I contacted CMMG to ask about this and explain what I was doing. They ended up mailing me a new receiver frame at no charge. Great customer service. I swapped out the receiver frame, put in the forward assist insert, and installed the forward assist kit. As far as why the cutout is there, I dont know.exactly why but I do know that if you want working forward assist, it needs to be there for the insert to fit.

https://cmmginc.com/product/receiver-frame-22arc-ss-bravo/

Link Posted: 2/13/2020 10:49:55 PM EDT
[#35]
This is the forward assist insert. You can see the notch at the back of it.

https://cmmginc.com/product/forward-assist-adapter-kit-22arc/

Link Posted: 2/15/2020 12:55:34 PM EDT
[#36]
My finger is healed up enough now that I can go test these rear bolt buffers finally.  I also just got in my 9mm RDB parts and assembling that today so I'll definitely be hitting the range soon to test that and I can also see how these .22 buffers work out for me.  I clipped the tab off of one of them to use with my older ciener bolt.  We shall see how that works out.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 1:31:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
This is the forward assist insert. You can see the notch at the back of it.

https://cmmginc.com/product/forward-assist-adapter-kit-22arc/

https://cmmginc.com/wp-content/uploads/pics/newpics/22BA4B1.jpg
View Quote
Below is a link to the CMMG patent on the .22LR forward assist (FA).  As seen on the cover page FIGURE (also FIG. 6), to engage the FA when the bolt is at or near full forward, the notched region of the FA has to extend back beyond the back plate of the frame.  And FWIW, the CMMG anti-bounce weight also is notched for a FA and has a lug extending to the rear that has to be cut off if used with earlier design .22LR frames.

https://pdfpiw.uspto.gov/.piw?PageNum=0&docid=08590199&IDKey=47F47B44DE10%0D%0A&HomeUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fpatft.uspto.gov%2Fnetacgi%2Fnph-Parser%3FSect1%3DPTO2%2526Sect2%3DHITOFF%2526p%3D1%2526u%3D%25252Fnetahtml%25252FPTO%25252Fsearch-adv.htm%2526r%3D1%2526f%3DG%2526l%3D50%2526d%3DPALL%2526S1%3D8590199.PN.%2526OS%3DPN%2F8590199%2526RS%3DPN%2F8590199
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 8:05:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Been busy and my past couple of range trips were mostly about spending time with my new 9mm CMMG RDB play toy but I  had the .22 AR out today so I could play around with the proto buffer some more.  Had a buddy with me this time and took a quick video on his phone. Sorry for the poor quality and other shooters to the left and right of us.  The 3d printed proto buffer does help knock down some of the action noise. No binary trigger today.  Range we were at doesn't allow them or anything full auto.  I pushed my luck a bit and fired a few at the end there rapidly.

@Renaissancemann   When the final delrin version is available I definitely want to pick up a few.

Dead Air Mask on 22AR Pistol
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 8:57:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 1:23:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Well damn.  That's what I get for being out of the loop lol.

So no delrin, just thicker 3d printed?
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 6:57:03 PM EDT
[#41]

with the optional solvent o-ring installed:

They're done!  Those who backordered are getting shipments today.  Those who were waiting, wait no more.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 7:03:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Well damn.  That's what I get for being out of the loop lol.

So no delrin, just thicker 3d printed?

View Quote

We're cutting molding tooling at the moment and will be releasing a rubber-toughened delrin production model in 2-4 weeks.  It'd been optimized for use with both standard black dog style mags as well as the better-mag adapter and S&W mags.  The last round bolt hold open even works now!
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 9:55:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Would like to try a buffer to 'calm the clack'. Use that term if ya like

will be used on a suppressed shorty

Link Posted: 4/3/2020 3:15:54 PM EDT
[#44]
I tried the buffer on my 4.5" suppressed ar22 which has the sear trip and anti bounce weight and it was a little quieter. Still need to put one in my 10.5 without the weight and trip and see how it sounds. Sorry for the late reply. Curious to see how they hold up f/a
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 5:53:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
https://i.ibb.co/s5V4mD3/20200323-153653.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/rwNs86t/20200323-153619.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/fCtZZGH/20200323-153642.jpg

with the optional solvent o-ring installed:

https://i.ibb.co/mrnkB5P/20200323-153804.jpg

They're done!  Those who backordered are getting shipments today.  Those who were waiting, wait no more.
View Quote

How much? And how do I order one?
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 9:46:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I tried the buffer on my 4.5" suppressed ar22 which has the sear trip and anti bounce weight and it was a little quieter. Still need to put one in my 10.5 without the weight and trip and see how it sounds. Sorry for the late reply. Curious to see how they hold up f/a
View Quote

We've got samples of the molded production buffers coming off the press this weekend.  I should be taking them to the range for testing next weekend, and then releasing them into "the wild" for you guys to enjoy assuming they hold up that next week.  They should be very tough and have a long lifespan.  

The anti-bounce weight rattles around inside the 22lr BCG, I'd imagine it adds some noise.  I need to make a better solution to that as well.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 9:55:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

We've got samples of the molded production buffers coming off the press this weekend.  I should be taking them to the range for testing next weekend, and then releasing them into "the wild" for you guys to enjoy assuming they hold up that next week.  They should be very tough and have a long lifespan.  

The anti-bounce weight rattles around inside the 22lr BCG, I'd imagine it adds some noise.  I need to make a better solution to that as well.
View Quote

I need to put one in on my 10.5 w/o the weight and trip and try them both. Just got a new can in too
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 10:53:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

...Just got a new can in too
View Quote

I need to move back to a free state.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 3:27:20 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good to hear delrin versions are on the way.

Been meaning to post this, the 3d printed proto didn't fare well against being suppressed with a binary trigger.  Until it failed it was effective in knocking down the action noise a bit.  

Link Posted: 4/4/2020 3:42:51 AM EDT
[#50]
What was the approximate round count before failure?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top