Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/14/2018 9:13:00 AM EDT
Well,

I have modified parts on my AR15's but just started (2) builds from scratch that I have been toying with in my mind for some time now and have a few questions since with my trolling I can't seem to find reviews or comments on what I am looking for.

1.)  I have a few Mega uppers and lowers, some forged and some billet, on more than a few of the higher cost/finely tuned upper and lower paired kits, they have a setting screw or adjustment to pull out the play on closeup for fit.  I was thinking of drilling and tapping and counter sinking the same type of fit up screw to pull out the play on the Mega's already on the shelf, has anyone tried this and do they have comments or other suggestions on this type of mod?

2.)  I got a Bear Creek BCG with the side charge handle on it at a local show last month and dropped it in to play around, I found the handle would be helpful in competitions (3-Gun and PCC), don't have to pull the carbine from the shoulder to re-rack, so faster clears under time, this is a lower priced BCG and I haven't seen this option that often, is anyone using this type of BCG or used and what BCG Manufactures did or are you using and comments?

3.)  Lastly, I am thinking of installing a AA P Series Piston Kit on my 18" build, those of you using this unit do you have a suggested bolt to pair up with it?  I don't have a BCG since this is a from scratch build and the kit does not come with one.

Thanks for the responses in advance...

Regards - Tom
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top