Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/22/2021 10:56:25 PM EDT
Anyone here have experience with one of Taccom's 9mm barrels? The hood above the chamber seems very interesting. I have had several different wide-mouth 9mm hollow-points that would occasionally nose up and jam into the top of the chamber with a couple different barrels. The small hood should preclude that from happening, no matter what the shape of the bullet. My experience is with Glock mag pistols/carbines.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 6:37:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 7:04:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I just got one but haven’t been able to use it. It’s so wide 1.011” where the sleeve is pressed on to the actual barrel my barrel nut won’t fit. So I would also take that into consideration before buying one.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 8:49:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just got one but haven’t been able to use it. It’s so wide 1.011” where the sleeve is pressed on to the actual barrel my barrel nut won’t fit. So I would also take that into consideration before buying one.
View Quote

I don't fully understand what you're saying here, but no matter. Since I made the op, I received the barrel I had on order and installed it with no issues. Had a bolt modified by Taccom so that I could utilize the top ramp. Got a chance to take it to the range this morning and it worked flawlessly. I tried a variety of hollow-points made by Winchester, Remington, Starfire, Speer Gold Dot, and Federal varying in weight from 115 to 147 grains and subsonic to +P. Used factory Glock, ETS, and Magpul mags of 21 to 40 rounds without any bobbles.

The barrel was mounted on Spartan upper equipped with a non-recip side charger and lrbho. Everything worked perfectly. The lower is a NFA made just for Glock mags.

Thanks for the offer Rudy. I've read great things about your barrels, but Taccom's upper ramp really intrigued me.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 2:16:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I don't fully understand what you're saying here, but no matter. Since I made the op, I received the barrel I had on order and installed it with no issues. Had a bolt modified by Taccom so that I could utilize the top ramp. Got a chance to take it to the range this morning and it worked flawlessly. I tried a variety of hollow-points made by Winchester, Remington, Starfire, and Federal varying in weight from 115 to 147 grains and subsonic to +P. Used factory Glock, ETS, and Magpul mags of 21 to 40 rounds without any bobbles.

The barrel was mounted on Spartan upper equipped with a non-recip side charger and lrbho. Everything worked perfectly. The lower is a NFA made just for Glock mags.

Thanks for the offer Rudy. I've read great things about your barrels, but Taccom's upper ramp really intrigued me.
View Quote

What rail did you use? Basically what I’m saying is the barrel is too fat for my barrel nut so I can’t fit the barrel nut over the barrel

Link Posted: 4/26/2021 9:48:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:What rail did you use? Basically what I’m saying is the barrel is too fat for my barrel nut so I can’t fit the barrel nut over the barrel
View Quote

Ok, that was what I thought your problem was. It's just that I've never seen a barrel nut that wouldn't go over any barrel I've ever used, and that numbers quite a few. What rail are you trying to use?

As for the rail I used, it is a polymer model made by AC-Unity that is used by the Bosnian police on their 9mm, Glock mag, subgun. It is extremely light, but strong, and transfers no heat when firing. They are not supplied with a barrel nut, but I found one from Midwest Gun Works made by CMMG for one of their RKM rails. It works perfectly. The combination only costs about $70 with shipping.

https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/AC-SMG-AR-HANDGUARD-AC-UNITY-395p7296.htm

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/55da244

Oh, and you can add the 30 rd. AC-Unity mag sold by RTG to the list of mags I tried. They worked without any issues, also, and are very inexpensive.

https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/GLOCK-9MM-30RD-WINDOW-MAGAZINE-AC-UNITY-14p7411.htm

If Midwest Gun Works is out of the CMMG barrel nut, Optics Planet has them, too.

With my trip to the range this morning, I can now add another couple rounds to the list of ammo that feeds perfectly with this barrel. Hornady 115gr Critical Defense and Hornady 135gr Critical Duty, both std pressure and +P, fed without a misstep.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 3:25:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a Taccom ULW Barrel that has the upper feed ramp installed. (It’s removable). It has been flawless. I run RN & FP ammo. With the upper feed ramp there is No more ammo not feeding properly.  FYI, I run a Foxtrot Mike slim handguard and had no problem mounting it.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top