Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2022 12:32:40 PM EDT
I'm about out of EWL and was going to try something new. I'm leaning towards g96 but remembered TW25B.

Anyone still using TW25B or has it fallen by the wayside?
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 4:10:42 PM EDT
[#1]
works well for me. I use it in combination with oil/lube.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 7:06:30 PM EDT
[#2]
It sucks

It dries up over time

I prefer real grease, if I need grease

Link Posted: 5/5/2022 8:25:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I want to try Lubriplate SFL-0 for grease
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 11:19:55 PM EDT
[#4]
You kind of list fluid but you want to try TW25B which is a grease?

I recommend going with the Slip EWG if you've been using Slip EWL. You can buy a combination of EWL and EWG and you'll find it really well done.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 11:58:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You kind of list fluid but you want to try TW25B which is a grease?

I recommend going with the Slip EWG if you've been using Slip EWL. You can buy a combination of EWL and EWG and you'll find it really well done.
View Quote

They also have an oil as well as the grease. https://mil-comm.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/202008-MIL-COMM-Line-Sheet.pdf
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:02:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It sucks

It dries up over time

I prefer real grease, if I need grease

View Quote

That's the only real problem with their grease, the same with Tetra also. But if you shoot them regularly and frequently enough, it works great.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 11:40:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Tw25 is ok but Brian Enos Slide Glide is the best grease I've used.  Very tacky and stays put.  A small jar goes a loooong way.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 12:00:20 PM EDT
[#8]
It's a valid product for what it was intended to do- lube specific parts of heavy weapons like the MK 19, where CLP is prohibited because it damages the plastics or similar components.  It's great in applications like that...rollers, slides, and chain gun mechanisms.  

It's a poor lube where carbon is present as it has no solvent component.  It's sub optimal for the AR.  It can dry out and it does very little to keep carbon soft or in suspension.

Really, it doesn't matter because any lube works.

Link Posted: 5/11/2022 2:02:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Really, it doesn't matter because any lube works.
View Quote

Bacon fat?
Has the best smell going
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 7:49:14 PM EDT
[#10]
I still use it on AR's and pistols - never had a problem with it.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top