Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/23/2020 11:28:00 AM EDT
I'm aware of the change in the base of the TROY BUIS. I searched through the optics/sights threads and didn't see anything. Also did an internet search and couldn't find anything recent and the major complaint was that the sights are canted/crooked which didn't sound right.

Anyone have experience with the the new style base?

If anyone have a link to threads where this is discussed?

TIA
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 11:49:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I've zeroed a bunch of 'em with a fixed FSB and didn't notice anything canted or crooked.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 5:42:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I posted this comparison photo in a thread last August, I believe, but I can't find it now. This shows the two styles, new on the left and old on the right. The old style is slightly longer - you can see how it it is flush with the edge of the gap in the rail at the front, while the new style leaves part of that raised rail section exposed.

Attachment Attached File

The only complaint I've heard is that the new style doesn't lay flat against the rail and cants upwards a bit. That hasn't been my experience - both versions lay flat on my rails, and both have zeroed and functioned with no problems. Here's the new style in the stowed position:

Attachment Attached File
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top