Link Posted: 5/3/2020 12:02:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Just broke-in.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 12:13:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Deleted
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 6:17:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Not sure what lmt uses on the mws but my bolt tail was completely black, started scrubbing and it was all carbon with the silver finish still intact underneath.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 6:53:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Deleted
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 10:01:39 AM EDT
[#5]
That seems to be the norm with the NiB coatings turning black but still having their slickness.

Very weird.

My young's chrome BCG's don't stain like that. I wonder why this happens?
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 12:03:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gman556:
That seems to be the norm with the NiB coatings turning black but still having their slickness.

Very weird.

My young's chrome BCG's don't stain like that. I wonder why this happens?
View Quote

Hard chrome is pretty well known for not discoloring, NiB tends to darken/blacken in BCGs, at least that's my experience.  I've got 2 NiB BCGs, both are way different colors than they started.  Also have a Young hard chrome BCG and it looks basically the same after 20K rds or so before I retired that barrel/bolt
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top