Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/14/2021 9:20:25 PM EDT
Need a 20" M16A1 profile barrel with a 7 or 8" twist.  I'm on the Brownells notify list, but don't know how long it will be before they do another run.

TNTE, who I've never dealt with, seems to be expecting to ship some barrels out in April.

Is TNTE good, or should I wait for Brownells?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:36:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:34:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one of their 1:7 twist 14.7" pinned/welded .625 barrels on a 723 clone and I'm very happy with it. My 11.5" xm-177 barrel kit from the is supposed to arrive today, as well, for my OGS 733 build. They are not the fastest, but they respond to my questions about order status.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:40:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I would stay away from them OP.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:31:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't they source their barrels from green mountain? Order from the supplier, not the shady grease ball on the street corner.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:54:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't they source their barrels from green mountain? Order from the supplier, not the shady grease ball on the street corner.
View Quote

Are you sure?  Only 20" A1 barrels I see on GM's site are 12 and 14 twist.  If you see a 7" twist, send me a link
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:02:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Are you sure?  Only 20" A1 barrels I see on GM's site are 12 and 14 twist.  If you see a 7" twist, send me a link
View Quote

Yes they do,most of them.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:53:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yes they do,most of them.
View Quote

Can you post a link please?  I've been through their barrel list 3 times and don't see one with a 7" twist.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:48:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Check out Fulton Armory. Not sure if they have them in stock still. Also check out your LGS. I scored a 20 inch fn upper last month.

I do not recommend TNTE. While they said April, my experience with them is expect a long delay. For parts back last year took average about 18-25 days before they ship. I ordered a sling never seen it for nearly a month and a half since ordering. For builds that you can get expect a three months or a year over the date they said.

They don’t build their own barrels but use some random manufacturer depending on what they can get. It’s usually good but not super rare or anything. So if you’re okay with waiting upwards to a year for something you can probably get 5 times then go ahead.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 7:44:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Can you post a link please?  I've been through their barrel list 3 times and don't see one with a 7" twist.
View Quote

He's saying yes that gm supplies them.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 7:47:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Fulton 20in pencil are 1:12 and 1:8

Edit: They're criterion, so I'd feel confident in saying moa.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:18:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

He's saying yes that gm supplies them.
View Quote

I realize that, but it doesn't appear that they are available in anything other than a 12 or 14 twist on GM's website.  That's why I asked him for a link.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top