Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/20/2020 7:13:00 PM EDT
... for changing their lineup and providing incentive for the great deals on the Accupower scopes I have gotten. Just finished ordering the 4-16x50 MOA-reticle scope for my newest currently under-construction long-range gun. Under $500 bucks for glass this good is a no-brainer.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 7:27:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
... for changing their lineup and providing incentive for the great deals on the Accupower scopes I have gotten. Just finished ordering the 4-16x50 MOA-reticle scope for my newest currently under-construction long-range gun. Under $500 bucks for glass this good is a no-brainer.
View Quote

Is it directly from trijicon?
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 10:08:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link?
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 10:52:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ronin72:
Link?
View Quote

@heavymetal762
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 11:33:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I think he might be talking about these:

https://www.primaryarms.com/trijicon-accupower-1-4x24-rifle-scope-red-led-duplex-crosshair-reticle

https://www.primaryarms.com/trijicon-accupower-1-4x24-rifle-scope-green-led-duplex-crosshair-reticle

@RJeff21
@Ronin72
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 11:36:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By steelraincdo:
I think he might be talking about these:

https://www.primaryarms.com/trijicon-accupower-1-4x24-rifle-scope-red-led-duplex-crosshair-reticle

https://www.primaryarms.com/trijicon-accupower-1-4x24-rifle-scope-green-led-duplex-crosshair-reticle

@RJeff21
@Ronin72
View Quote

He said 4-16x50 in the OP, not 1-4x.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 1:49:18 AM EDT
[#6]
NOPE!

HERE

This is what happens when Trijicon makes some minor changes, changes the lineup, and everyone tries to dump the old model (which I happen to think is better) to make way for the new models.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 1:54:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd rather have a brother in a whorehouse than a sister who shoots MOA reticles.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 1:59:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By FightingHellfish:

I'd rather have a brother in a whorehouse than a sister who shoots MOA reticles.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FightingHellfish:
Originally Posted By heavymetal762:
... for changing their lineup and providing incentive for the great deals on the Accupower scopes I have gotten. Just finished ordering the 4-16x50 MOA-reticle scope for my newest currently under-construction long-range gun. Under $500 bucks for glass this good is a no-brainer.

I'd rather have a brother in a whorehouse than a sister who shoots MOA reticles.

If you don't mind  a green reticle; it's available in mil.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 3:05:16 PM EDT
[#9]
They're also sfp and moa, so theres that.

Those two are deal breakers for me. No thanks.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 10:34:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'd rather have a brother in a whorehouse than a sister who shoots MOA reticles.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Better to do math in head  than LARP in mils.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 10:40:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
They're also sfp and moa, so theres that.

Those two are deal breakers for me. No thanks.
View Quote

I happen to prefer SFP. I like the consistent reticle size (less distracting) and it's what I was trained on. If I'm far enough away that I need to range for my shot, zooming up isn't an issue and is easier than trying to read tick marks or set holdover on a half-sized reticle.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 8:52:37 AM EDT
[#12]
I think it's Trijicon's last hurrah as being competitive in the traditional optic market. They just increased their pricing by huge margins, and if I'm being honest, they're not worth their asking price in many models now.

The 1-4 Accupower was a good $500 optic. The Credo 1-6 is a joke at $1000.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 5:53:34 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a 2.5-10x56 AccuPower and it’s pretty sweet.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 6:01:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Just picked up an Accupower 1-8 it’s a pretty awesome optic very happy with it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 8:34:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I think it's Trijicon's last hurrah as being competitive in the traditional optic market. They just increased their pricing by huge margins, and if I'm being honest, they're not worth their asking price in many models now.

View Quote
how? Even without daylight bright illumination Is there an 18 oz LPVO that has Japanese glass and great fov for less than $1000?
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 10:08:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep, and the glass is the same. Only difference is the exposed elevation adjustment, magnification selections, and reticle designs (and I think most of those were a step back).
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 2:04:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
how? Even without daylight bright illumination Is there an 18 oz LPVO that has Japanese glass and great fov for less than $1000?
View Quote

I think you're missing the point. The glass on the Credo does not match the competition in that price range, nor does an extra 2X justify doubling of the price. It doesn't matter where it's made or it's feature set. It's simply not up to par against it's new competition.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 2:52:22 AM EDT
[#18]
I have one Accupower 1-8, red reticle and it is really nice scope.  

I did not know that Trijicon changes its line up until I went to order another AP 1-8 a few weeks ago.

In the 1-8 category, who is the completion to Trijicon AP 1-8, serious question, as I usually find something I like and stick with it   I already have a NX8 and I like the AP 1-8 better.

Bronc
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 3:11:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I have one Accupower 1-8, red reticle and it is really nice scope.  

I did not know that Trijicon changes its line up until I went to order another AP 1-8 a few weeks ago.

In the 1-8 category, who is the completion to Trijicon AP 1-8, serious question, as I usually find something I like and stick with it   I already have a NX8 and I like the AP 1-8 better.

Bronc
View Quote

The 1-8 is a different beast from the 24mm Accupower/Credo. The 1-8 is the same price as before at most major outlets.

Which is another good point about what's wrong with the Credo line. The 1-4 Accupower was $550. The 1-6 Credo is $1000. Yet the 1-8 Credo is still in the $1100-$1300 Accupower range. The 1-8 has better glass, better illumination, and a better eye box. I could justify a 1-4 Accupower for less than half the cost, but when you're talking such little money for such a big step up from the 1-6, it makes no sense.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 3:57:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Last one I looked at had no markings for turns on elevation turret whatsoever.  You can be perfect and always remember when shooting long range, but this would drive me nuts.  I dont know if it is translatable or not where you could just mark it yourself.  But I just couldnt do it as a long range scope because of this.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 5:06:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I happen to prefer SFP. I like the consistent reticle size (less distracting) and it's what I was trained on. If I'm far enough away that I need to range for my shot, zooming up isn't an issue and is easier than trying to read tick marks or set holdover on a half-sized reticle.
View Quote

And you can zoom up just as easily with a FFP scope. So...not really understanding how the above equates to any benefit with a SFP scope.

FFP, OTOH, has the choice between zooming up and holding at any magnification.  

Link Posted: 5/23/2020 1:44:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I think you're missing the point. The glass on the Credo does not match the competition in that price range, nor does an extra 2X justify doubling of the price. It doesn't matter where it's made or it's feature set. It's simply not up to par against it's new competition.
View Quote
Its really clear to me. Don't see anything wrong with it. But I don't have a Razor to side by side with. The price point of the Accupower was originally around $650 I thought it dropped to about $500 after the P4xi came out and sales dropped off.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 1:52:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

And you can zoom up just as easily with a FFP scope. So...not really understanding how the above equates to any benefit with a SFP scope.

FFP, OTOH, has the choice between zooming up and holding at any magnification.  

View Quote
Consistent reticle size so the reticle gets smaller in relation to the target as magnification increases.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 1:53:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The 1-8 is a different beast from the 24mm Accupower/Credo. The 1-8 is the same price as before at most major outlets.

Which is another good point about what's wrong with the Credo line. The 1-4 Accupower was $550. The 1-6 Credo is $1000. Yet the 1-8 Credo is still in the $1100-$1300 Accupower range. The 1-8 has better glass, better illumination, and a better eye box. I could justify a 1-4 Accupower for less than half the cost, but when you're talking such little money for such a big step up from the 1-6, it makes no sense.
View Quote
I'm seeing about $850 or so most places. For the Credo 1-6x (checked PA,Eurooptic and Kenzies)
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 1:59:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Love the purse slapping around here.  LMFAO.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 2:54:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Consistent reticle size so the reticle gets smaller in relation to the target as magnification increases.
View Quote

I didn’t address the shifting reticle size because it was described as personal preference. And, while there are arguments for either being “better”, I’d generally agree personal preference is a perfectly reasonable way to define that aspect.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 6:20:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I think he might be talking about these:

@RJeff21
@Ronin72
View Quote

Thanks! Just ordered my 5th Accupower and got the 1-4x24 Red duplex for $443 shipped after tax thanks to you ??
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 8:38:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I didn't address the shifting reticle size because it was described as personal preference. And, while there are arguments for either being "better", I'd generally agree personal preference is a perfectly reasonable way to define that aspect.
View Quote
Yeah probably not better more preference it can however work in favor sometimes. But it can work when a scope relies upon a horseshoe reticle(RT6) or segmented circle (Accupower) to make it usable for CQB instead of brightness. Its usually harder to make a FFP reticle daylight bright too.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 4:21:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Its really clear to me. Don't see anything wrong with it. But I don't have a Razor to side by side with. The price point of the Accupower was originally around $650 I thought it dropped to about $500 after the P4xi came out and sales dropped off.
View Quote

Don't get me wrong, they have good glass. But it's not $850-$1000 glass in the 24mm examples.

At the $550 I paid for my 1-4 I was happy. If I paid $900 for the 1-6 I wouldn't be. Especially being so close to the 28mm 8X model in price  YMMV though.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top