Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2022 9:05:11 PM EDT
I recently bought a TACCOM Super Feed 13/16 Barrel AR15-9mm and had them modify my bolt to work with their barrels top feed ramp.

I planned to use it with my Stern Defense MAG-AD9 Glock adapter. No joy, the barrels bottom feed ramp interfered with the feed ramp of the mag block, preventing the upper from closing on the lower.  

So I changed gears and replaced the Stern block with a ProMag AR-15® / M16 9mm Magazine Quick Change Adapter Block which uses Colt SMG mags. Same story, still no joy.

So I tried the CMMG Adapter, Magazine, 9 AR Conversion for P-Mags. Same story.

I have now ordered an Aero dedicated lower, which has no integral or attached feed ramp of its own. I believe it will work. I further believe that any 9mm mag block or dedicated lower that has its own feed ramp will not work with this barrel.

I'm reasonably sure that Your Milage Will NOT Vary.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 6:30:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I plan to use their barrel and bolt on my epc9. Interested to hear what you think.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 6:55:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the warning.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 11:05:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Have two EPC-9 running TACCOM barrels - run great.  I have two Scorpion mag lowers that TACCOM machined the lower feed ramp off the barrel because they have their own feed ramps that would interfere with the barrel ramp.  Same issue you are having with adapters. They do the mods at no charge when you order barrel and let them know you need no lower ramp. I know it is too late for your issue - sorry
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 3:04:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Pretty sure my wife ordered me the 5.5" Taccom barrel and bolt for my birthday.  Hoping it all works well together on my EPC 9.  Still trying to decided on handguard length along with linear comp to get my by until I can get a can.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 11:42:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Can't you remove the feed ramp of the Stern Defense adapter?

Link Posted: 4/26/2022 9:57:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah… If you have a lower with an integrated lower feed ramp it’s pretty obvious a barrel with a lower feed ramp will be incomparable.

If you’re dead set on using one of those lowers, contact Tim and he’ll probably fix you up.

The Super Feed barrels are excellent in standard 9mm lowers.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top