Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/17/2021 3:43:26 PM EDT
Seen some good videos on these. Do they really work that well with all mags?  From the reviews, it sure seems so.  Are they perhaps finicky with what upper brands you use?

Gonna Form 1 my favorite AR pistol and was thinking of building upper in 9mm and buying one of these.  I see mag release is in a unusual spot but son and I are both Lefty's so it's all good. Lack of last round bolt hold open doesn't bother me.  It'll be a range and pinking toy

Got a Fostech binary trigger in AR lower. Will it cycle 9mm well?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:28:24 PM EDT
[#1]
No one has ever used one?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:55:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:43:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:35:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I have one in a Spike's lower and it works well. I've found that the ETS 31-round mags and the factory Glock 17 mags slide in and out the best. My Glock 19 mags are a little tight (and short), and the RWB 33-round mags are a little tight and require a strong tap on the baseplate to seat correctly.

That being said, they all feed with no issues so far. The only thing missing from the Sylvan is LHRBO, but I like the placement of the mag release (4.5" barrel so I generally grip the magwell anyway).
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 11:14:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I have not used, but I bought the Orion one.  Really basic.  Unfortunately, they are not sold (I heard that the seller passed away)

But have you looked into the adapter by Matador.. their Mag X adapter?  https://shopusa.matadorarms.com/Mag-X_p_73.htmlAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 2:42:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Use an Aero Precision lower and couldn't get the Sylvan mag block to consistently eject with a FoxtrotMike upper.  Finally just bought the matching lower and it runs fine.  Eats 124 and 147g ammo without any problems unsuppressed.  Still working on reloading ammo for suppressor but did find factory ammo that works.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 12:07:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I used it in a Spikes lower, and it worked fine. No bolt open after last round, but that's ok with me.  Used OEM Glock 9mm 31 round magazine.  I'm moving it to a dedicated 9mm AR lower made by Anderson, and I'll report back as soon as I take it to the range.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 9:00:35 AM EDT
[#8]
I’ve ran a Stern Defense insert for Glock mags with no issues
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top