Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/12/2022 6:55:55 PM EDT
Salam, M16A4 review from…. Asia…

M16 A4 assult Rifle|usa made 223 Bore orginal Nato gun|M16A4 FN America Full Review

The dude is not a bad shot
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 7:04:25 PM EDT
[#1]
“Surplus”

Thank Brandon.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 9:03:12 PM EDT
[#2]
You mean the free stuff brandon left behind in Afghanistan. But guns are bad.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 11:13:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
“Surplus”

Thank Brandon.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 11:33:58 PM EDT
[#4]
The idea of the Taliban posting reviews on Youtube of weapons we left behind amuses me for some reason. Thanks Biden. Fits perfectly in clown world.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 11:41:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Stolen property
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 12:30:46 AM EDT
[#6]
My tax dollars at work
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 3:12:31 AM EDT
[#7]
This is why you can't trust or believe anything that comes out of Brandon's mouth, he's a hypocrite.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 3:32:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Salam, M16A4 review from…. Asia…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAnE63PZxkY

The dude is not a bad shot
View Quote

@tet493

Do you care if I post this in gd? They'll get a kick out of it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 8:09:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Go for it! It is on the bleeding edge of this section anyways lol
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 1:47:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Go for it! It is on the bleeding edge of this section anyways lol
View Quote

Right on.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 1:59:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The idea of the Taliban posting reviews on Youtube of weapons we left behind amuses me for some reason.
View Quote

I started this video expecting it to be in Pashto and was a little surprised that he's actually speaking Urdu. I had the chance to study Urdu in two 4-month sessions at DLI and got to the point where I was decently conversational, so I'm able to follow along with it pretty well, especially knowing the context.

I don't do public politics, so although I know this is all really frustrating to many people, I'm just going to share a few professional thoughts. I'm sure most of you got the gist of the video, but it's a bit surreal to hear him talk about "a beautiful rifle" that's "issued to the American and Afghan armies," has a range of 200-500m, 30-round box magazine, etc. (my Urdu's really rusty). He's really going over it like a typical "unboxing" video that you see all the time on YT. While there are, of course, many Pakistanis in the Taliban that speak Urdu, and this guy may be one of them, I suspect he's a Pakistani who lives in the tribal areas and purchased this A4 (and the A2 in his other video) either in one of the arms markets (e.g. Peshawar) or through one of the thousands of other ways that weapons move through the region. The video comes across like he's showing off a new purchase, like an aspiring YT "influencer," and I'm just not sure that the "real" Taliban would interested in doing that so publicly. He starts off by saying that he hopes everyone is well and then says something about providing information for education and research purposes. Of course, with as rusty as my Urdu is, maybe he's offering it as a Taliban educational video...

Anyway, if this is just a regular guy in Pakistan that acquired these rifles, I actually find that a little more disturbing than just the Taliban having these weapons. It was bound to happen, but that means they are proliferating across the region and could end up just about anywhere in the world.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 2:21:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Stolen property
View Quote

Stolen? It's a gift from Brandon
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 2:33:10 PM EDT
[#13]
It may be disturbing to some but that’s how the world works… guns are stolen, picked up or left behind in war zones..

That’s not much different from some of the parts kits that are imported to the US.. Or the US property ww2 1911 a friend of mine owns..
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 4:03:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Interesting, this is a similar video of what appears to be the same rifle, from a different YT channel. It's a little hard to catch the roll marked SN, but the SN label on the right side of the magwell is damaged in the exact same way, and the last few digits match. It also has the same marks on the stock. It's almost like a different guy attempted the same "review" of the same rifle, like they're both reciting from a script (introductory greetings and description are very similar). It seems like these guys are trying to set themselves up as YT personalities in the region.

Original USA M16A4 Assult Rifle 223 Bore Full Review in Urdu/Hindi NATO gun 5.56mm

This one is a different rifle, but very similar presentation style. I guess this is the regional version of "unboxing" weapons on YT.

Link Posted: 6/13/2022 4:42:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Rifle from 1st & 2nd video
Attachment Attached File

Rifle from 3rd video
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 4:52:25 PM EDT
[#16]
@tet493

I linked to your OP in the M16A4 thread. Seemed appropriate. It is a technical review, after all (well, a couple of reviews now)
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 4:53:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Those do not look like factory engravings… esp. the serial number
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 5:03:04 PM EDT
[#18]
I will NEVER forgive this administration for having done that to us.

Never.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 5:40:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The idea of the Taliban posting reviews on Youtube of weapons we left behind amuses me for some reason. Thanks Biden. Fits perfectly in clown world.
View Quote

Let's go, Brandon!
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 8:48:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Let's go, Brandon!
View Quote

Do you realize we were giving weapons to afghans during Trump’s presidency? … and Obama… and Bush…. And Reagan…

Edit: maybe this was a bad idea to post this. People assuming someone from Afghanistan or Pakistan is Taliban(low key racism?) How do y’all know? What if this dude was fighting along side Rangers and SF killing taliban, and his government collapsed?
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 12:22:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Do you realize we were giving weapons to afghans during Trump’s presidency? … and Obama… and Bush…. And Reagan…

Edit: maybe this was a bad idea to post this. People assuming someone from Afghanistan or Pakistan is Taliban(low key racism?) How do y’all know? What if this dude was fighting along side Rangers and SF killing taliban, and his government collapsed?
View Quote

I realize this is a tech forum and not GD.. however there were no “surplus” M16A4s. That gun likely made it into the hands of that YouTuber through some form of pilferage. We didn’t loose too many guns from US WIA/KIAs over there. I’m not saying US field losses didn’t happen, but losses from Afghan forces and supply systems were far more common. Also a LOT of equipment was lost in transit over the years by contracted logistics. And the possibility that it was a loss direction attributed to our fucked up “withdrawal” can not be understated.

Perhaps it’s a bootleg copy - the serial numbers look nothing like I’ve ever seen in inventory, but FN does do some weird stuff sometimes. Colt’s rollmark fonts were far more consistent than FNs.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 12:34:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

That’s great and all, but we bought them AK’s, not M4’s and M16’s. If you’re defending Joe Biden with blanket accusations like racism, you need to read the news. There have been dozens of articles documenting the Taliban selling US weapons in arms markets across the Middle East. Specifically US weapons left upon Biden’s rushed exit.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 12:41:39 AM EDT
[#23]
We gave them plenty of M4s and M16A4s under the FMS program. We outfitted their Commandos with M4s.

AKs stopped being a thing in the mid-2010s.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 6:50:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

That’s great and all, but we bought them AK’s, not M4’s and M16’s. If you’re defending Joe Biden with blanket accusations like racism, you need to read the news. There have been dozens of articles documenting the Taliban selling US weapons in arms markets across the Middle East. Specifically US weapons left upon Biden’s rushed exit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

We have been giving them weapons and equipment for 20 years(M16s), that has almost nothing to to with Joe Biden’s current presidency. That last 40 years of American/European policy has brought us here, not Joe Biden. Sleepy Joe takes flack when it’s the Generals who have more institutional authority and knowledge. If you aren’t aware, Trump’s initial plan was far more rushed. Taliban selling weapons, is that suppose to be shocking..? We give weapons to sketchy people too.

Quoted:

I realize this is a tech forum and not GD.. however there were no “surplus” M16A4s. That gun likely made it into the hands of that YouTuber through some form of pilferage. We didn’t loose too many guns from US WIA/KIAs over there. I’m not saying US field losses didn’t happen, but losses from Afghan forces and supply systems were far more common. Also a LOT of equipment was lost in transit over the years by contracted logistics. And the possibility that it was a loss direction attributed to our fucked up “withdrawal” can not be understated.

Perhaps it’s a bootleg copy - the serial numbers look nothing like I’ve ever seen in inventory, but FN does do some weird stuff sometimes. Colt’s rollmark fonts were far more consistent than FNs.

Of course it’s not surplus, that was tongue in cheek. How would all of y’all withdrawn? Legitimately, PM me. I’m not defending Joe Biden, I want us to keep EVERYONE accountable that was responsible too(generals, past presidents, lying officers, other corrupt politicians). Don’t focus too hard at only one hand, the other might be up to something.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 9:25:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 1:32:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Uh, if "his" government collapsed, I seriously doubt
he'd be making a video. He'd be in re-education camp
or dead.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 11:50:31 AM EDT
[#27]
I agree that the lower receiver markings look awkward, unevenly spaced, non-matching fonts, etc.  Maybe the ATF ought to step in an re-write some 80% receiver laws for that part of the world. It should make a huge impact in gun violence worldwide.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 11:15:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Yep. Leave behind select fire weapons that cannot own ourselves.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 11:50:51 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 1:44:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
That lower looks like a poorly engraved painted 80 percent lower.
View Quote

khyber pass lower
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 4:11:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Part of the whole Green Beret program was to take indigenous people and train them to fight whatever war in place. They've been doing it since Vietnam. The idea is to take people who live in the country and attempt to them pro-American fighters. In some cases those things backfire because it turns out they live there and the local people, culture, and customs influence their opinions more so than some American coming in and telling them to change and to force that change.

Now that is a HELL OF A LOT DIFFERENT than pulling out of a country and leaving behind weapons, munitions and other things for the enemies to take. One is taking an honest effort that yeah, may back fire, but the other is outright incompetency.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 10:51:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Part of the whole Green Beret program was to take indigenous people and train them to fight whatever war in place. They've been doing it since Vietnam. The idea is to take people who live in the country and attempt to them pro-American fighters. In some cases those things backfire because it turns out they live there and the local people, culture, and customs influence their opinions more so than some American coming in and telling them to change and to force that change.

Now that is a HELL OF A LOT DIFFERENT than pulling out of a country and leaving behind weapons, munitions and other things for the enemies to take. One is taking an honest effort that yeah, may back fire, but the other is outright incompetency.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You've obviously never heard of the Foreign Military Sales (FMS) program.  If that is a legit FN M16A4 (which based on the serial number stamping, I don't think so), it was sold to OUR ALLIES in the Afghan government, like what you are incorrectly calling the "Green Beret" program.  A Green Beret is headgear worn by a special forces qualified soldier.  Foreign Internal defense (FID) is the mission conducted to arm and train our allies to conduct counter-insurgency in their countries. Weapons that you see on Fox News were sold by the US to the former Afghan government that was being assisted by the US before its collapse.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 11:43:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I agree that the lower receiver markings look awkward, unevenly spaced, non-matching fonts, etc.  Maybe the ATF ought to step in an re-write some 80% receiver laws for that part of the world. It should make a huge impact in gun violence worldwide.
View Quote

As compared to:

Attachment Attached File

or

Attachment Attached File

I want one!

Link Posted: 9/5/2022 11:50:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Does anybody know where I can get the period magazine coupler... (the part that allows two mags side by side)
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 8:58:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Maybe the Taliban will give us a better deal on M5 RAS rails.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 4:49:14 PM EDT
[#36]
https://www.khaama.com/u-s-announces-383-3-million-in-foreign-military-sales-to-afghanistan-4-other-countries-04744/

https://www.khaama.com/u-s-announces-383-3-million-in-foreign-military-sales-to-afghanistan-4-other-countries-04744/

Who pays for foreign military sales?

Foreign Military Sales (FMS) is the U.S. Government's program for transferring defense articles, services, and training to our international partners and international organizations.

The FMS program is funded by administrative charges to foreign purchasers and is operated at no cost to taxpayers.
View Quote

https://www.dsca.mil/foreign-military-sales-faq

https://www.dsca.mil/foreign-military-sales-faq
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 8:49:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

You've obviously never heard of the Foreign Military Sales (FMS) program.  If that is a legit FN M16A4 (which based on the serial number stamping, I don't think so), it was sold to OUR ALLIES in the Afghan government, like what you are incorrectly calling the "Green Beret" program.  A Green Beret is headgear worn by a special forces qualified soldier.  Foreign Internal defense (FID) is the mission conducted to arm and train our allies to conduct counter-insurgency in their countries. Weapons that you see on Fox News were sold by the US to the former Afghan government that was being assisted by the US before its collapse.
View Quote

So what you're saying is guys in green hats sold guns to the talibans and then Fox news had an anchor wearing a green shirt talked about men in green hats who sold weapons to make some green? That's a lot of green stuff.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 12:52:23 PM EDT
[#38]
As humorous as the idea of it being plain ole a youtube gun review, its pretty fucking serious.

These left behinds are proliferating into our enemies hands.  Just a matter of time before these are used to kill Americans abroad.

This will make ATFs Fast and Furious stupidity look like they were loaning a gun to siblings
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top