Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/9/2021 11:19:41 AM EDT
Whose got the least expensive, but still good quality replacement for the Surefire scout light? When I say replacement, I mean something that uses the same mounts, heads, tailcaps, switches etc.? Doesn't need to be crazy high lumen output.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 12:37:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Arisaka is probably the only alternative that fits your criteria. Not exactly cheap, but a bit cheaper than surefire. And lighter weight. And better output.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 12:43:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Arisaka is probably the only alternative that fits your criteria. Not exactly cheap, but a bit cheaper than surefire. And lighter weight. And better output.
View Quote

This.  Modlite doesn’t use CR123s, so only compatible with DF Scout stuff (when talking about heads, everything else is standard Scout stuff).  Arisaka/Malkoff (Arisaka heads are made by Malkoff) is really the only direct 1 for 1 swap option.

The Streamlight Protac Rail Mount stuff is compatible with most Scout mounting accessories and can be adapted to use SF tail caps/switches, but pretty sure the heads are not compatible.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 2:24:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/9/2021 2:51:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The Streamlight Protac Rail Mount stuff is compatible with most Scout mounting accessories and can be adapted to use SF tail caps/switches, but pretty sure the heads are not compatible.
View Quote

That might work. Trying to put together a cost effective light setup for my son. I have a offset scout mount (assuming I can find it?), tailcap and SR07 switch so I really only need a body and head but the Protac is almost half the price and Arisaka seems to be out of bodies anyway?

So to verify, the Protac light will work with a standard Scout mount? If so, that may be the most cost effective way to go that is actually in stock?
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 2:56:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That might work. Trying to put together a cost effective light setup for my son. I have a offset scout mount (assuming I can find it?), tailcap and SR07 switch so I really only need a body and head but the Protac is almost half the price and Arisaka seems to be out of bodies anyway?

So to verify, the Protac light will work with a standard Scout mount? If so, that may be the most cost effective way to go that is actually in stock?
View Quote
Protac will work with the mount but you'll need an adapter to use the surefire tail cap and switch.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 3:16:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Protac will work with the mount but you'll need an adapter to use the surefire tail cap and switch.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct.  You’ll need to find one of these:

https://arisakadefense.com/tailcap-adapter-streamlight-protac-railmount-hl-x/
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 3:57:25 PM EDT
[#7]
How about a like new scout light with a 200 lumen head ?
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 7:01:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Buy once, cry once. Modlite PLHv2.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 9:54:20 PM EDT
[#9]
The Arisaka adapter works very well. Just keep in mind that the HL-X and Rail Mount series use different adapters. But all three will use Scout mounts.

Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:58:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

@airgunner   Most cost effective would be a g2x in a ring mount of some type probably.  Other then that arisaka is good stuff.  I’ve got obe on my 11.5.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 9:12:28 AM EDT
[#11]
So funny thing... I went looking for the gear sector mount I knew I had and guess what? Not only did I find it but attached to it was a body and head I forgot I had too so basically I already had the whole setup I needed in the spare parts stash
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 6:19:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Buying today, I'd just go PLHv2 in either the 18650 or 18350 body for pretty much any longgun application.  I still run a handful of M600 Ultra Scouts purchased 7-8 years ago and they are still OK'ish but today Modlite is the big man on campus.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 9:23:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Buy once, cry once. Modlite PLHv2.
View Quote

That's what I'm doing
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top