Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/24/2020 12:25:38 AM EDT
I have a Surefire handguard, plastic with the light and led light. Looking inside at each piece where the handguard locks into the barrel nut, there’s only 2 nubs that lock into the barrel nut on each piece, the upper and lower handguard. They’re not worn, but the handguard rotates back and forth quite a bit. Any suggestions on how to tighten that handguard up? I like the surefire guard, it goes with my AR from that time period just don’t like the “sloppyness”. Thanks all, any suggestions are greatly appericated.

Edit,I bought this used. Not sure if it originally came with an install kit or not.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 12:28:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Is the delta ring all the way forward?  That should trap the handguards over the barrel nut  ? Been awhile since Ive looked at a set of M5XX handguards
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 5:04:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Is it the M73 Surefire rail?  If so there are two set screws that screw in taking out the looseness.

CD
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 9:03:45 PM EDT
[#3]
https://www.gatewoodsupplyco.com/SureFire-M500A-AR15-M4-Carbine-Handguard-WeaponLight_p_2056.html

Here’s the handguard in question.
The delta rings are set fully forward. No set screws on this one that I can find.
It just seems there’s not enough nubs to lock in the barrel nut notches. Rotates a few degrees to each side. Just enough to be aggravating. I appericate the help all.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 9:33:24 PM EDT
[#4]
The lower handguard (without lights) can be replaced with just a standard M4 plastic handguard, thay may stop the slop if there's not enough grip on the barrel nut with the M500s
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 4:23:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The lower handguard (without lights) can be replaced with just a standard M4 plastic handguard, thay may stop the slop if there's not enough grip on the barrel nut with the M500s
View Quote

That's it! Thank you!!!
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 6:34:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's it! Thank you!!!
View Quote

Glad that worked out for you. Ive got a set of M500s on my 5.56 SBR upper but I shoot the SBR with a 7.62x39 upper 99% of the time. Way back when M5xx series forends were very cool and "cutting edge". These days they're weird and antiquated .
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top