Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2019 3:58:42 PM EDT
I’m in the process of building a SOCOM Block ll upper. I’ve got the Colt SOCOM profile 14.5” barrel and the Daniel Defense RIS ll FSP rail. To stay “Clone correct” I would have to use the Surefire SF3P Flash hider but the Surefire Warcomp seems to look like a better choice as you get not only a Flash hider similar to the SF3P but you also get a compensator as well for about roughly $10 more. I don’t do any night shooting so a Flash hider is not really important but a compensator actually serves a useful purpose in preventing muzzle rise

So what do you think?

The Warcomp-556

Surefire Warcomp

Or the Surefire SF3P

Surefire SF3P-556

Your prompt replies will be appreciated
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 4:11:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 4:44:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I’d get the Warcomp. There are pictures of them on issued guns if that makes a difference to you.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 5:16:05 PM EDT
[#3]
To be  “Clone correct”  you need to get the sf4p go back to the block ii thread on the 1st page in the infographic it tells you.  
The SF4Ps are all over the EE right now for between $310- $350.
However, if you CANNOT afford it the sf3p is a good substitute for  “Clone correctness”.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 7:23:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I’m in the process of building a SOCOM Block ll upper. I’ve got the Colt SOCOM profile 14.5” barrel and the Daniel Defense RIS ll FSP rail. To stay “Clone correct” I would have to use the Surefire SF3P Flash hider but the Surefire Warcomp seems to look like a better choice as you get not only a Flash hider similar to the SF3P but you also get a compensator as well for about roughly $10 more. I don’t do any night shooting so a Flash hider is not really important but a compensator actually serves a useful purpose in preventing muzzle rise

So what do you think?

The Warcomp-556

Surefire Warcomp

Or the Surefire SF3P

Surefire SF3P-556

Your prompt replies will be appreciated
View Quote
The warcomp is my favorite all around muzzle device. There are ODA’s that use them in their rifles so while not clone correct to purists they are actually in use with some teams. It’s just like using a NX8, VCOG, mk6, or razor. They’re not issued in the original sopmod package but there are guys who have bought them or teams have done unit purchases for them.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 7:35:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
3P if you can't find a 4P.
View Quote
But just get the 4P...
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:47:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
That is what I did. I could not find a 4P, so I ordered a 3P.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:54:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
4Ps are all over the EE both new and used.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 10:06:59 PM EDT
[#8]
FPNI...
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 10:07:44 PM EDT
[#9]
KAC M4 QD
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 10:25:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
If you can find one in the EE, please let me know. I did a search and came up empty.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 10:33:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If you can find one in the EE, please let me know. I did a search and came up empty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@jrs93accord

Here

There were 4-6 others posted throughout the new/used upper section but all those have been sold.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 10:52:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

@jrs93accord

Here

There were 4-6 others posted throughout the new/used upper section but all those have been sold.
View Quote
Thanks. Glad to see one listed, but I am not about to pay that kind of money for one. As my Block II will not be fully correct, it makes no sense to spend that kind of money on a 4P when the 3P will be just fine. I have seen several Block II builds with 3Ps.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 11:04:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Thanks. Glad to see one listed, but I am not about to pay that kind of money for one. As my Block II will not be fully correct, it makes no sense to spend that kind of money on a 4P when the 3P will be just fine. I have seen several Block II builds with 3Ps.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@jrs93accord

Here

Completely agreed. You asked though, so figured I'd share. I keep flirting with the notion of jumping into the clone game but my wallet is hurting enough, especially with looking at buying a house next year.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 11:58:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Agreed on the ridiculous cost. I'm pretty happy with the warcomp. Even if the 4P was priced normally I'd still pick the warcomp.
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 10:13:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@jrs93accord

Here

If your rifle does not have all the correct parts that are available for the upper receiver then it's NOT a Block ii. It's a Block ii inspired build.
Using your thought process on not purchasing a 4p because of cost when the 3p work just as good if not better, then why stop there? Why did you buy a DD FDE RIS II Rail if Geissele rails work just as good if not better?
Why use a Colt BCG if a toolcraft BCG work just as good? You get the point?
I do agree with you by the way that the 3p is better, but that's beside the point.
Your build is a Block ii inspired build and nothing is wrong with that.
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 10:59:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

If your rifle does not have all the correct parts that are available for the upper receiver then it's NOT a Block ii. It's a Block ii inspired build.
Using your thought process on not purchasing a 4p because of cost when the 3p work just as good if not better, then why stop there? Why did you buy a DD FDE RIS II Rail if Geissele rails work just as good if not better?
Why use a Colt BCG if a toolcraft BCG work just as good? You get the point?
I do agree with you by the way that the 3p is better, but that's beside the point.
Your build is a Block ii inspired build and nothing is wrong with that.
View Quote
You’re a nerd
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 1:37:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 1:27:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 2:33:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

"Better" is questionable, at least if you plan to shoot it a lot with the can:  the can (RC) was designed for the 4P and has 4 blast "ports" which line up with each of the tines on the 4P; such is not the case with the 3P and there is quite a bit of additional errosion on the blast baflle from 3 jets of gas hitting it at locations other than where the ports are located.
View Quote
...that moment when you realize the current Socom 2 cans have no ports.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top