Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/20/2020 11:55:19 PM EDT
Got the email today about the new scoutlights available (figures cause I just bought another M600DF). Intrigued by the flip mount included with this model. Wondering if this mount can be retrofitted to previous models or is it proprietary to just the new lights?

Anybody know of a mount that accomplishes the same thing that is compatible?

https://www.surefire.com/scoutlight-pro-series
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 12:05:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Got the email today about the new scoutlights available (figures cause I just bought another M600DF). Intrigued by the flip mount included with this model. Wondering if this mount can be retrofitted to previous models or is it proprietary to just the new lights?

View Quote

Sure looks proprietary to the new scout body to me.

Note the crossbolt.

It's not even an upgrade to me. Just new scout light bodies to accomodate the new tilting/canting mounts but not new heads.

I guess if you're super cramped for rail space based on rail choice and flair placement, this is your saving grace?
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 12:11:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote
Bobro scout mount does the same thing for normal scout lights. Mlok or picatinny.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 8:54:28 AM EDT
[#4]
That in the Mini Scout format would be exactly what I need for my MPX Copperhead since it has no side MLOK....now if my RMR and ANVL Ukon RMR mount will just arrive.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 12:59:07 PM EDT
[#5]
This isn't a product that will necessarily meet a current demand that isn't being met, but something that intercepts future demand organically. Anyone who wanted this feature probably already looked at the Bobro.

But now if you were looking at getting a light and purchasing some sort of offset mount? Or maybe considering the Bobro for a hinged design? You now have this option direct right out of the box from Surefire. You can just buy it as is, in one shot, and you don't have to lego it together.

Cloud Defensive is making Surefire pattern rail mounts now as well. Not because people weren't able to go out and buy them before. They are making them solely so when you buy a light from them you don't have to go to anyone else for the mount.

I know for me it will make me consider any future purchases and if I want the hinge vs some other mount solution.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 12:58:06 AM EDT
[#6]
So they put a new mount on a M600DF then call it Pro Series? Kind of a bummer, I was hoping SureFire would release a new head to compete with the OKW.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 4:54:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
about damn time someone did this!!!!!

thanks for the update!
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 9:23:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Does anyone remember this early Surefire pivoting mount?
I have one, modified for secure lockup, for my M-92.
Ground a flat for the screw that locks the shaft into place
to prevent unwanted movement.
I'm a lefty, it works perfectly, bought from brightflashlights
a decade+ ago.

Link Posted: 2/24/2020 11:23:24 PM EDT
[#9]
^unobtainium

have only seen one of those come through the EE
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 9:27:44 PM EDT
[#10]
The new Surefire Scout Pro series with its rotating mount on the Mk16 rail rifle/top row.

Love this new SF Scout Pro, I reversed the mount in order to tuck in closer /under the peq

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 4:07:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Just ordered a Mini Pro M340C
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 12:31:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I got a M340 PRO. Was entirely disappointed and sold it immediately. It's just a regular scout light with a proprietary mount that doesn't do anything that you can't do better with a hard-mounted MLOK solution.

If you're using a M1913, unless you have the mount in the stowed position, it stick WAY out. So at that point, just get a regular scout.

Regardless of Mlok or M1913, the lockup isn't very secure. In order to tighten the rotating mount, you have to remove the head. If you're trying to clear a PEQ15, it helps to have the head on the light so you know what your clearance is before tightening the mount down.

Also, the wimpy slotted head screw that clamps the mount to the rail is worse than the one that was on the RM45. Overall, wasn't a fan. I'd rather just have a regular scout. YMMV
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 2:43:20 PM EDT
[#13]
My initial experience from yesterday's range trip.  

I re-zeroed my rifle with the Scout Pro pictured in my above post, tossed it on the ground/back of the truck a couple times and it didn't budge for me.  

I slid a  piece of cardboard between the light and my peq15 to create clearance.

I'm running two Arisaka (Awesome gear!)mounts for two other rifles (one on the bottom/SOCOM Block 1.5 clone pictured above) and the SF Scout pro does put them a tad bit further up, and closer to my peq.  

Suits my purpose, no initial failures with my initial, albeit 'mild' abuse.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 11:53:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

If you're using a M1913, unless you have the mount in the stowed position, it stick WAY out. So at that point, just get a regular scout.
View Quote

What do you mean by having the mount in the stowed position?
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 2:41:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Folded back onto itself, so it's basically the same mount footprint as the regular scout mount
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 2:52:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Folded back onto itself, so it's basically the same mount footprint as the regular scout mount
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see now, thanks.
I ordered a 340C hoping that the swivel mount will get me tighter to my fat Troy front sight opposed to the Arisaka picatinny mount I was previously using
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 10:49:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Anyone know where to buy these for under $200? I normally get my m300 for 192 shipped want to give this version a try, but not for $70+ more.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 9:28:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Surefire has 40% off now on their website, code DSS1916A. Was able to get the m340c for 197 shipped
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 10:25:00 AM EDT
[#19]
EDIT: Disregard, mentioned above.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 12:47:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Can you swap the mounting piece for left hand use? It looks like it is possible but I don't see it mentioned anywhere.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 12:56:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Surefire has 40% off now on their website, code DSS1916A. Was able to get the m340c for 197 shipped
View Quote

Code isn't working now.  

Was it just a one day deal?
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 2:46:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The new Surefire Scout Pro series with its rotating mount on the Mk16 rail rifle/top row.

Love this new SF Scout Pro, I reversed the mount in order to tuck in closer /under the peq

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/778/A6AC347E-DD73-4A1D-81F1-C91B30DF2B82_jpe-1343754.JPG
View Quote

Now that's my idea of a threesome!
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 3:01:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Code isn't working now.  

View Quote

Not even a day, just the morning.
It was an industry insider code that was leaked to the general masses, there was a 10 page or so thread about it in the general discussion forum.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 3:14:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It was an industry insider code that was leaked to the general masses, there was a 10 page or so thread about it in the general discussion forum.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Code isn't working now.  

Any word if Surefire will honor all orders placed using that code?
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 3:48:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Any word if Surefire will honor all orders placed using that code?
View Quote

Word is the orders will be going through.

There was an email from a surefire rep someone posted, and it appears a SF employee just confirmed it in the GD thread.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 4:02:00 PM EDT
[#26]
If I had MAWL I would likely jump on this light.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top