User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/18/2021 6:26:32 PM EDT
I have 3 SF scout lights currently.
-Old KL4 M600
-Fairly new KE1A M300
-Fairly new M600 Fury

I have an old pressure switch tailcap from the KL4 light that won't screw on to the newer M600. The threads start and then hit something solid and it stops.

Looking at the newer M600 it appears to have some kind of different metal (steel?) insert pressed in the back as pictured below. The other two lights do not have this. Does anyone know what this insert is, and why it's there?

M300 without insert

M600 with insert

Link Posted: 2/18/2021 7:08:46 PM EDT
[#1]
A little while ago, Surefire changed the thread pitch on the scout lights. There were a couple old threads about it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 7:20:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I did some googling and found similar information. As far as I can tell it's not the thread pitch as the 3 other clicky caps I have are compatible between all 3 lights. It seems that the metal insert reduces the ID slightly and interferes with part of the old tape switch tailcap, but not the other caps.

Just looked at a friend's DF and confirmed it has the same insert and the old tape switch cap will not fit.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top