Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/25/2021 2:16:01 PM EDT
Hey guys,
I sent my m600df in for RMA, it would flicker when used with the sr07. I just got a note from surefire after 30 days saying they have no update on resolution iluntil thier engineering team can figure out a solution. Anyone else in this boat? Surefire has been good to me, just missing my light.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 5:23:35 PM EDT
[#1]
a couple years back I had to send my m600IB back because the oring melted after maybe a total run time of maybe 30 minutes over a year of owning it.

I got it back after 3 weeks from shipped date and they just sent me a new one but it was kind of a pita to deal with trying to get the repair started.

Not a single issue after I got it back, I have had some issues with one light flickering(m600ultra) and that was taken care of by the place I got it from in a week.

all in all still much better off than with surefire than streamlight, still waiting for them to return a light(tlr1) I sent years ago and just wrote it off.
These are trying times so I would just stay calm and know full well that surefire will actually do their job because of the 2 companies ive dealt with streamlight can eat a bag of dicks.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 8:17:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I've sent defective products (Vampire head selector was stuck) and they just replaced it with a re-worked light. Odd that they can't just send you a replacement.

Slightly off topic, but the DF lights are known to have issues like flickering and reduced output when running the Surefire remote switches.

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:03:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've sent defective products (Vampire head selector was stuck) and they just replaced it with a re-worked light. Odd that they can't just send you a replacement.

Slightly off topic, but the DF lights are known to have issues like flickering and reduced output when running the Surefire remote switches.

View Quote

Ah thank you. I did not know that. Is there a better switch or something I should look at?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:20:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Ah thank you. I did not know that. Is there a better switch or something I should look at?
View Quote

Modlite ModButton or Unity Tactical Hot Button.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:43:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:53:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I had the same issue along with dimming, was back in less than 10 days.  This was last fall.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 8:36:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Double post.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:00:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I had the same issue along with dimming, was back in less than 10 days.  This was last fall.
View Quote

I'm also having dimming issue using the Modbutton lite switch. Did you send the whole light back or just the head?
Did they resolve the issue?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:34:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Modlite ModButton or Unity Tactical Hot Button.
View Quote

Thank you!
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:35:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
LINK
View Quote

Thank you this is helpful
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 1:11:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Sending my M600DF back today due to flicker/dimming with the stock switch. I'm seriously debating just grabbing a Modlight and when I get the M600 back keeping it as a backup.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 6:14:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Surefire has now also had my M640DF for one full month.  Haven't heard from them other than they acknowledged receipt 30 days ago.  Same problem it seems we're all having, intermittent dim or occasionally no light when used with any remote switch (i.e. Modbutton, SR07, Hot Button, ect).
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 6:56:58 PM EDT
[#13]
I just got the RMA approval for my M640DF. Guess I'm in for a wait and will need to move over my M600U.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 9:06:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'm also having dimming issue using the Modbutton lite switch. Did you send the whole light back or just the head?
Did they resolve the issue?
View Quote

They had me send both.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 9:08:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I just got the RMA approval for my M640DF. Guess I'm in for a wait and will need to move over my M600U.
View Quote

Sounds like a widespread issue. They sent me another email stating:
"at this time we cannot authorize a repair or replacement until our engineering team has a solution to this issue."
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 9:22:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Get your money back and go Modlite.

Surefire hasnt fixed this issue in over a year (and continually seem to act like it's a odd suprise when getting RMAs), and it likely wont be fixed for another.

Their customer service is top notch and should work with you, but their current lights just arent working.
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 12:39:08 PM EDT
[#17]
They've had mine for almost two months now.  Called yesterday and was told they are awaiting parts.  They estimated it would be about two more weeks before the "repair" was conducted and the light was shipped back to me.
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 2:44:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Sounds like a widespread issue. They sent me another email stating:
"at this time we cannot authorize a repair or replacement until our engineering team has a solution to this issue."
View Quote

That's not what I wanted to hear.  They've had my light and switch for over a month.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 10:30:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
They've had mine for almost two months now.  Called yesterday and was told they are awaiting parts.  They estimated it would be about two more weeks before the "repair" was conducted and the light was shipped back to me.
View Quote

Update on mine:  they emailed and said due to extended backorder on needed parts to repair my DF, they offered to replace it with a 6V only model, which I took them up on.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top