Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2018 4:23:55 PM EDT
I have owned a superlative arms Piston kit on my 11.5 inch SBR and have shot thousands of rounds and have to say it is amazing.....it shoots everything I put in it,....
With the adjusted gas setting recoil is almost nothing and though I have not mesaured the decibel level it not as loud as other SBRs....in total, I am beyond happy with the performance of the kit.....
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 6:33:23 PM EDT
[#1]
What barrel or upper did you use?
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 7:34:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Ballistic Advantage 11.5 inch barrel and stardard GI, milspec upper....nothing fancy.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 9:20:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ballistic Advantage 11.5 inch barrel and stardard GI, milspec upper....nothing fancy.
View Quote
Thanks. Have been thinking about these. Always like to hear what barrel one is running to make note of gas port size.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 6:58:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the SA adjustable piston and a BA barrel too but mine is the 7.5 inch BA barrel pistol.  I have not fired it yet since I still have a little work to finish up.
I  know it is going to be loud and have a huge fire ball with the Ops break but no can, which I still have to order.  How much does the SA system noticeably reduce gas blow back on your 11.5 gun?
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 10:16:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the SA adjustable piston and a BA barrel too but mine is the 7.5 inch BA barrel pistol.  I have not fired it yet since I still have a little work to finish up.
I  know it is going to be loud and have a huge fire ball with the Ops break but no can, which I still have to order.  How much does the SA system noticeably reduce gas blow back on your 11.5 gun?
View Quote
i would like to know how this goes! havent found much on 7.5" pistol with piston sys vs DI with wolf/steel case ammo on my googling.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 8:57:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I could not agree more!!  My Superlative Arms gas piston system doesn't have that may rounds through it and I've had it for a year and I can't say enough good about it!!  To me it was the best system to retro fit on a build and was more like a well made factory application.  Very low profile and flawless function, you don't even notice it!  Fits great under all HG's and is a nice trim system!  Use it!  

Mine is on a 1/7" Patriot Ord. 16" standard barrel with the 5R rifling.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 1:54:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I have BA 11.3 barrel with 0.625 gas channel, and I am wondering what buffer weight and spring setup that you guys have for SA piston kit.
I have not shot mine yet, but before my piston kit setup, I had a SA AGB (DI setup) setup with my current barrel with 4.3 oz buffer with sprinco red spring setup, and the ejection was 2 O'clock even with full venting mode.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 9:06:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a 7.5" with the superlative piston system.   I could not get it gassed correctly with a DI system, it had a very short window in the gas adjustment and was ammo sensitive.  I used a Superlative in my 10.5" and it has been a dream with no issues.  So I figured I would give it a try.  It solved my problems and the weapon runs great with no issues now.  It is no longer ammo sensitive and just works.  I am running a Strike flat spring and an H2 buffer. 4 o'clock ejection. My 2 cents, stay safe.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top