Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/15/2020 11:30:37 PM EDT
Is anyone running the superlative piston kits?  Good - Bad??  Looking to see if there are any compatibility issues with their kits and the aero precision quantum hand guard and bare barrel nut.
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 10:00:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Type Superlative in the archive search for info.
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 12:38:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Is anyone running the superlative piston kits?  Good - Bad??  Looking to see if there are any compatibility issues with their kits and the aero precision quantum hand guard and bare barrel nut.
View Quote
No it'll work fine with that handguard.

Had one for a long time on a 10.5 inch Aero build, works fine, shot it a ton suppressed and unsuppressed.

That being said I wouldn't go out of my way to get one. Didn't do anything special a well designed adjustable gas block would do for me.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 7:16:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No it'll work fine with that handguard.

Had one for a long time on a 10.5 inch Aero build, works fine, shot it a ton suppressed and unsuppressed.

That being said I wouldn't go out of my way to get one. Didn't do anything special a well designed adjustable gas block would do for me.
View Quote
Ok good to know it will work.  Found out I can't run the Adams Arms kit that I wanted do to clearance issues.  But saying you wouldn't go out of the way to get one......?  Recommend / Don't Recommend?
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 5:08:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ok good to know it will work.  Found out I can't run the Adams Arms kit that I wanted do to clearance issues.  But saying you wouldn't go out of the way to get one......?  Recommend / Don't Recommend?
View Quote
There's nothing wrong with it. If you have some specific application or desire to get one go for it.

I mean I wouldn't spend the money to convert an existing DI rifle into one.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 11:42:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought an SA kit for my first piston setup,  at the time it was slightly less expensive than an Adams Arms kit.  Turns out I really don't use it as much as I thought I would, as I see limited advantage over DI guns.  And I didn't build my kit on a short barrel, as I'd bought it before I got into pistol AR's, and SBR's, and Suppressors.  One of these days, I'll strip the current upper, and rebuild it with a short barrel.  Then it might offer some real advantages for use with my suppressor, and as an interesting option for my SBR lowers.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 10:24:16 AM EDT
[#6]
If you Google "Superlative Arms Piston Kit" you will find my shop evaluation and field test of this kit. Very light weight and does what it is supposed to.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 9:09:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Appreciate all the info
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top