Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2018 5:17:09 PM EDT
I'm debating going piston and, while the piston kits look nice and aren't particularly bad on price, it seems like handguards are a concern.

My Aero Atlas S-ONE upper is pretty slim and claims 1.3" IO and 1.5" OD, so it's looks like it's a no-go for any piston kit. Also, I have long arms so it's a 15" MLOK HG on a 16" barrel.

So I think it's necessary to get a new HG and was wondering if anyone had firsthand experience with an Aero M4E1 upper and what handguard worked for them.

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 9:03:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I have several superlative arms piston kits running with M4E1 uppers and Aero 15" 12" and 9" hand guards Gen 2 hand guards. No issues what so ever. I do have a M4E1 Upper and 15" and 12" for sale if interested.

Jeff
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 8:16:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I know the Superlative Arms .625" low pro piston system does not work on the Atlas handguard first hand.  At least not if the gas block has to fit under the handguard and probably not even if it doesn't.

The piston kit above will work with any handguard that fits the M4E1.  Of course only proprietary handguards fit the M4E1 as it does not use the milspec system for handguard attachment.  I have several M4E1 uppers and handguards with almost all of them using Superlative Arms pistons.

Let me know if you have further questions,

Chad
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top