Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/5/2022 4:13:59 PM EDT
My first post here on the forum.
I’m trying to build a honeybadger clone with my tanodized LMT mars lower. I’m having trouble finding a matching tanodized lmt upper ( if you have one for sale let me know!) so I was going to order a sugar weasel upper and use the upper reciever (I have a separate 6” barrel and handgaurd). Anyone know if that upper is compatible with the mars lower?

Before I get any hate , I’m from the democratic people’s republic of California. So my options are limited!
Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 5:20:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm pretty sure at least the rails if not both upper and rail of Sugar Weasel recently became cerakoted instead of tanodized
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 5:31:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Bummer, but some what of a relief , hopefully I can find a tanodized upper reciever on the site, thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 6:38:15 PM EDT
[#3]
LMT says they are built from a "Modified SR-25" architecture and that everything is proprietary. That said, I still don't run an LMT bolt and never had a problem. My guess is you will have to find the compatible upper and tanodize it yourself.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 7:10:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
LMT says they are built from a "Modified SR-25" architecture and that everything is proprietary. That said, I still don't run an LMT bolt and never had a problem. My guess is you will have to find the compatible upper and tanodize it yourself.
View Quote

MARSL? Or MARS-H?

I’d guess the MARS-L would work just fine with the Sugar Weasel upper. AFAIK, there is nothing proprietary about either that would keep the combo from working.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 9:32:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

MARSL? Or MARS-H?

I'd guess the MARS-L would work just fine with the Sugar Weasel upper. AFAIK, there is nothing proprietary about either that would keep the combo from working.
View Quote

Obviously, it is an AR-15 pattern based rifle with some proprietary tweaks.

A MARS-H/AR-10/SR-25 lower would need a much different upper and the weight and size would negate the primary reason the Sugar Weasel/Honey Badger options even exist!
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 7:19:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

A MARS-H/AR-10/SR-25 lower would need a much different upper and the weight and size would negate the primary reason the Sugar Weasel/Honey Badger options even exist!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

MARSL? Or MARS-H?

I'd guess the MARS-L would work just fine with the Sugar Weasel upper. AFAIK, there is nothing proprietary about either that would keep the combo from working.

Yeah, that’s why I asked. I’m pretty sure the first guy I quoted had the L and H lowers mixed up.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top