Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2021 3:06:19 AM EDT
Recently saw an article about a new upper Strike Industries will be releasing sometime this year. Short stroke piston, non reciprocating ambi charging handle in the same position as an HK G3, no buffer setup required. When I go shooting with the mk18, SCAR 16 and similar platforms I envision something like what the strike appears to be. I love the mk18 but don’t like the fact it can’t operate with a folder, love the scar but the charging handle has caught my thumb a couple times and could theoretically hit a barricade and cause a malfunction. Haven’t shot an mcx which solves both problems but am not a fan of it having the AR style charging handle which I feel is less than ideally placed. I was not a fan of strike products when I first saw them but they’ve grown quite a bit on me, does anyone have any thoughts on this new design or forsee any problems? The only guns I’d really consider that would check all boxes at this point are the Bren 2 and APC223.
Link below;

https://www.recoilweb.com/strike-industries-siar-review-where-the-past-and-future-collide-165522.html

Link Posted: 2/20/2021 7:37:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks complicated to me.

The ACR could be another on your consider list.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 10:59:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Can't comment on the SI upper but it's nice to see innovative products come to market.

The ACR is dead and has been for some time, I'd consider the Robinson XCR along with the two others you mentioned OP.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 10:09:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Sure, they will put that into production right after they release their modular MP5 clone.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 11:05:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 3:30:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sure, they will put that into production right after they release their modular MP5 clone.
View Quote

Right around PSA releases the JACKL and PSMP5
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 5:03:27 AM EDT
[#6]
made me think of the Faxon ARAK.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 1:02:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Messaged them directly and was told Q3-4 of this year (2021)
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 2:14:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Messaged them directly and was told Q3-4 of this year (2021)
View Quote

Strike is usually on point with their time-frames. They have an excellent R&D department in addition to QA so they typically have quick turnaround times for new products. Unlike PSA who say their products will be out 4 years before they actually release them.

I have both a MCX and BRN180. Both of them have a similar feel when shooting.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:04:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Wonder how corona will affect shipping this from Taiwan like all their other parts.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 1:54:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Wonder how corona will affect shipping this from Taiwan like all their other parts.
View Quote

Maybe you should ask them
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 9:21:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Now just do it in 10" 300AAC.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 12:33:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
made me think of the Faxon ARAK.
View Quote

Its either a copy of the ARAK 21 or they licensed it. Anyway, they are getting to much credit for something they didn't invent.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:48:41 PM EDT
[#13]
I liked this better the first time I saw it when it was called the OA-93 carbine (which for the time had a fair amount of bling and wow factor).  Cool for sure but proprietary design from a small company = novelty.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 12:44:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I liked this better the first time I saw it when it was called the OA-93 carbine (which for the time had a fair amount of bling and wow factor).  Cool for sure but proprietary design from a small company = novelty.
View Quote

They allowed you to quickly detach milspec barrels.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top