Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2018 7:31:23 AM EDT
Bought one of these last year
If I set my m4 down rough or like yesterday falling out of my side by side, the light goes dead.  I have to unscrew the switch tail and tighten it each time it comes back on and sometimes I have to unscrew the front tighten and it works.

If this was a safe queen I wouldn’t care but this is my shtf carbine, it’s
Missing finish or it falls etc.  shouldn’t a light be useable all the time dropped in the mud, falls, whatever happens??
Should I switch to a surefire?
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 11:37:16 AM EDT
[#1]
This one? If so, there's a reason I don't like to use handheld lights on rifles. What kind of mount do you have it in?

Link Posted: 12/3/2018 12:01:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes that’s it

The reviews that mrgunsngear did seemed like it was fine for a duty light.  It was a light deal through cloud defensive came with the mount, light switch etc.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 6:53:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Are you sure it's the handheld HL and not the Rail Mount HL-X? CD sells the HL-X kit with their LCS tape switch mount. I've got several and haven't had any issues. Contact Streamlight, they'll take care of it.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 10:08:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I had terrible luck with Streamlight rifle lights. I went through 4 HLX's & 2 RM1's. They all had minds of their own. They'd work when they wanted to. ...I switched to Surefire and haven't had any issues.

Contact Streamlight CS, they're very good. They'll get you replacements of what you have. Sell that, and buy a Surefire m600u.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 12:01:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you sure it's the handheld HL and not the Rail Mount HL-X? CD sells the HL-X kit with their LCS tape switch mount. I've got several and haven't had any issues. Contact Streamlight, they'll take care of it.
View Quote
I’m wrong it is the hl-x.  I have a thorn tail rail which I like.

I’ll contact them
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 1:02:00 PM EDT
[#6]
What clock position are you mounting your kit?

With the Cloud Defense Streamlight ProTac HL-X and LCSMK2K, I'm guessing you're doing pressure at 12 and light at 3, 6, or 9?

My experience is that lights mounted at 3, 6, and 9 take a beating just from handling more than anything, as they are a snag and impact-prone configuration that way.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 2:16:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Cloud D. 12 light 2 o’clock with the thorntail

First my rifle fell out of my truck didn’t land on the light
Second time fell out of my side by side going 5 miles an hour
Only thing that didn’t work was the light.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top