Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/22/2020 6:35:32 PM EDT
Sportsmansguide.com has the HL-X rail mount and rail mount USB backorderable.

Streamlight Protac HL-X 1,000-lumen Weapon Light, Member Price $116.99 - Rail Mount Version

Streamlight Protac HL-X 1,000-lumen Weapon Light w/18650 Rechargeable Battery, Member price $125.99 - Rail Mount USB Version

Additional $20 off with Coupon Code: OVERTIME

Link Posted: 4/22/2020 7:28:53 PM EDT
[#1]
ehh idk kinda stock price to me

also tax on shipping?

Link Posted: 4/22/2020 10:34:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Estimated in stock 5/26/20.

In all fairness though, these seem to be out of stock everywhere.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 11:03:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Double Tap
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 11:05:10 PM EDT
[#4]
And the price is up every where.

You need to be a member for the deal.  Members get free shipping.

Link Posted: 4/23/2020 3:16:38 AM EDT
[#5]
First place I've seen in a while to even let you backorder them
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 11:34:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Even TLR-1 HL are out of stock everywhere. Dat stimulus check rush, tho.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:22:08 AM EDT
[#7]
I thought about it but I have never had a flash light before so just went with the M-LOK ver. of the 900 lumen s&w for 42 out the door. If I dont like it, can always give it to my dad as he has the S&w sport II.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 2:14:11 AM EDT
[#8]
I’m thinking of picking up an HLX. Are they a solid value or should I just pony up for another Surefire?
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 3:33:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I have 3 rail mount hlx and 4th ordered. Solid lights. Tape switch above average. Dual fuel.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 3:42:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Meh. Got this last night. And before the haters, I've spent thousands with optics planet and have never had any issues
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/25/2020 3:44:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm thinking of picking up an HLX. Are they a solid value or should I just pony up for another Surefire?
View Quote
Aaron from Sage Dynamics said it's one word - "Awesome"

I trust his advice

Link Posted: 4/25/2020 4:56:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I’m thinking of picking up an HLX. Are they a solid value or should I just pony up for another Surefire?
View Quote

I bought one initially to try out and to replace an m600df that I wasn't pleased with (crap throw). I have been very pleased with it, thought I've only got about half a case through it in just over a month(?). I have not experienced any flickering as other people have reported. The only time I can make the light flicker is by either slingshotting the bcg/charging handle, or by mortaring the rifle with the light on. It immediately returns to full power though after that slight flicker, unlike my m600dfs. Again though, it never flickers while actually shooting.

I ended up buying another to replace my other m600df with as well.

So, I think they're worth it.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/Tired-of-Surefire-M600DF-Streamlight-Protac-HL-X-rail-mount-instead-/20-749399/

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/Best-budget-weaponlight-/20-749588/

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/Test-your-weapon-lights-/20-750669/
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 10:49:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the coupon code, got one for $105 total .
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 11:01:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
It is a LOT of light (and a bit heavier accordingly).
Even if you don't want to weapon-mount it, it is a great in-the-car light.  When approached it says, "I can hear you from there, don't come any further' in no uncertain terms. I mostly have ProTac 2's mounted but have one of these also.  It's a fine light.

Link Posted: 4/28/2020 11:13:54 PM EDT
[#15]
The common theme I’ve seen on this forum is that the HL-X itself is a solid light, but the tape switch and cap are the weak link. People seem to attribute the flickering to the poor connection in the tape switch (at least for people using it in that configuration). If you have one that may be experiencing that issue, there’s this Arisaka adapter that allows you to use a Surefire cap and switch.

I’m hoping Cloud Defensive will offer a coupon again soon, which I’ll use to buy their LCS / HL-X combo package.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 1:26:28 PM EDT
[#16]
If you're military they give you an active duty discount.  Not sure about retirees or 4 year guys.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 8:30:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Meh. Got this last night. And before the haters, I've spent thousands with optics planet and have never had any issues
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/263586/Screenshot_20200425-144140_OpticsPlanet_-1386070.JPG
View Quote
They can take forever to ship i received a magnifier i ordered about 2 months after I ordered it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 8:31:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The common theme I've seen on this forum is that the HL-X itself is a solid light, but the tape switch and cap are the weak link. People seem to attribute the flickering to the poor connection in the tape switch (at least for people using it in that configuration). If you have one that may be experiencing that issue, there's this Arisaka adapter that allows you to use a Surefire cap and switch.

I'm hoping Cloud Defensive will offer a coupon again soon, which I'll use to buy their LCS / HL-X combo package.
View Quote
My surefire pressure switch can flick sometimes too.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 9:51:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Alaskanforfreedom:
My surefire pressure switch can flick sometimes too.
View Quote

“THAT’S NOT TRUE... THATS IMPOSSIBLE!”
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 12:54:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks OP.  Got me the USB version for $117 OTD.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 1:00:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Amazon ran these for ~$85 on a Lightning deal a while back. I’m good.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 1:37:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Coupon code still works as of today.  These are back-ordered until 6/22/20.  I'm in no rush to get mine and the price is pretty good.  Thanks, OP!
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 2:58:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Got mine from optics planet yesterday. Really like it so far. I went with the bcm offset mount
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/16/2020 4:27:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Mine came Thursday.

I had a 10 credit card rewards and using the sportsmans guide cc saves you another 2.5% on all orders. So mine was $90 shipped.

This is my fourth. Most I've paid is 110 and least has been 85 so yeah I'm happy.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 7:06:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By JoeMal:
Aaron from Sage Dynamics said it's one word - "Awesome"

I trust his advice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcTtYLBdlaU
View Quote

He also doesn't use any of them anymore AFAIK.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 9:10:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Strikefirst:
Mine came Thursday.

I had a 10 credit card rewards and using the sportsmans guide cc saves you another 2.5% on all orders. So mine was $90 shipped.

This is my fourth. Most I've paid is 110 and least has been 85 so yeah I'm happy.
View Quote

I got one from Amazon for $114.  I liked it enough that I wanted another so this thread worked out for me.  My SBR currently has an Inforce WML and it just isn't quite working for me with how I have it placed.  I don't want to keep buying different mounts to find a spot where I like it when I know I can get a good setup with the HL-X.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 11:01:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By jonm78:

He also doesn't use any of them anymore AFAIK.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I trust his advice

Well, he has money, ability and a desire to use towards the latest and greatest.

When did the streamlight protac railmount hl-x come out? 2017?

And he now uses what? Modlite okw and plhv2 handheld?
And when did those come out?

If I had lots of spare play money, I'd go all modlite and a bunch of spare 18650s too.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 8:52:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Well, he has money, ability and a desire to use towards the latest and greatest.

If I had lots of spare play money, I'd go all modlite and a bunch of spare 18650s too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Aaron from Sage Dynamics said it's one word - "Awesome"

I trust his advice

He also doesn't use any of them anymore AFAIK.

Money aside, he probably gets a lot of the gear he uses for free.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 9:13:01 PM EDT
[#29]
I just received mine from here yesterday. $98.99 shipped with CR123s.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/313077149359
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 9:21:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Amazon had a lightning deal in December of 2019 on the HL-X rail mount.

$84 delivered.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 9:31:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Nate19:
Amazon had a lightning deal in December of 2019 on the HL-X rail mount.

$84 delivered.
View Quote

Why do you have to hurt the rest of us?
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 10:01:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By forgottenben:

Why do you have to hurt the rest of us?
View Quote

Haha. I just looked back and realized I already posted about this. That’s my B. I never catch good deals so I had to brag on something. Whopping savings of ~$15!

That light is still a steal for ~$100!
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 10:12:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By HHenderson:

Well, he has money, ability and a desire to use towards the latest and greatest.

When did the streamlight protac railmount hl-x come out? 2017?

And he now uses what? Modlite okw and plhv2 handheld?
And when did those come out? 

If I had lots of spare play money, I'd go all modlite and a bunch of spare 18650s too.
View Quote

True. Just pointing out that he definitely moved on from them. He's also a social media influencer. So that is what it is. I have Streamlight lights and I beat the crap out of them (literally). I trust them for durability and that's what matters for a light.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 10:24:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Got mine a month ago for $93.54
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 12:29:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Money aside, he probably gets a lot of the gear he uses for free.
View All Quotes

I trust his advice

Well, he has money, ability and a desire to use towards the latest and greatest.

If I had lots of spare play money, I'd go all modlite and a bunch of spare 18650s too.
Money aside, he probably gets a lot of the gear he uses for free.

I could see that.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 12:31:00 AM EDT
[#36]

True. Just pointing out that he definitely moved on from them. He's also a social media influencer. So that is what it is. I have Streamlight lights and I beat the crap out of them (literally). I trust them for durability and that's what matters for a light.
View All Quotes

True. Just pointing out that he definitely moved on from them. He's also a social media influencer. So that is what it is. I have Streamlight lights and I beat the crap out of them (literally). I trust them for durability and that's what matters for a light.

No worries!
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 8:36:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The common theme I’ve seen on this forum is that the HL-X itself is a solid light, but the tape switch and cap are the weak link. People seem to attribute the flickering to the poor connection in the tape switch (at least for people using it in that configuration). If you have one that may be experiencing that issue, there’s this Arisaka adapter that allows you to use a Surefire cap and switch.

I’m hoping Cloud Defensive will offer a coupon again soon, which I’ll use to buy their LCS / HL-X combo package.
View Quote

Thanks for linking that adapter, I picked up the non-RM version of the HL-X and I've been pulling my hair out trying to find just the damn remote switch and tailcap. This completely solves that issue! That said - you appear to have linked an adapter for the Protac 1 and 2 which will not fit the HL-X. They have a little thing on the page directing you to the HL-X version but I wanted to warn y'all so nobody accidentally gets the wrong part.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 3:27:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Just joined the club today when my HL--X with a Cloud Defensive LCS arrived

I was never a fan of tape switches, but Cloud Defensive has a good LEO/Mil discount so I got a package deal.
So far I'm impressed. I like the switchology of the set up  and the light is pretty good.

We'll see how it goes.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 5:08:11 PM EDT
[#39]
That's a clean setup.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 5:43:04 PM EDT
[#40]
I wish they made the LCS for the HLX in Keymod or MLok.  I'd love to have the switch at 10 o'clock instead of at 12.  I'm guessing the switch is too wide to mount it there.  I could buy the Arisaka adapter and then buy a Surefire switch but then I should have just started with a Surefire.  Oh well.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 3:25:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Just got mine yesterday.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 10:46:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Got one yesterday as well.  Just quickly trying it out last night, seemed more flood light than spot light. I own multiple Streamlights, all have been good so far.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 10:09:13 PM EDT
[#43]
I like mine quite a bit, but it is a bit long for a  PCC with short barrel and rails.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 10:10:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I wish they made the LCS for the HLX in Keymod or MLok.  I'd love to have the switch at 10 o'clock instead of at 12.  I'm guessing the switch is too wide to mount it there.  I could buy the Arisaka adapter and then buy a Surefire switch but then I should have just started with a Surefire.  Oh well.
View Quote

If you ream out the tape switch holes a little bit, m-lok screws fit right in the switch. You can use M-lok nuts and you are all set.

Link Posted: 6/16/2020 8:20:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

If you ream out the tape switch holes a little bit, m-lok screws fit right in the switch. You can use M-lok nuts and you are all set.

View Quote

Really?!  I have some spare screws laying around so I might have to try that.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 1:03:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Really?!  I have some spare screws laying around so I might have to try that.
View Quote

Yes. I will add this is my 4th HLX rail mount and the tape switch has been modified. Screw holes should still work but there is a shroud around the constant on button like in the photos above.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 1:23:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

You got pics?
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top