Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/11/2022 4:27:40 PM EDT
Right now I'm looking for storage solutions on my stock. I currently have a Magpul ACS which theoretically has storage... Except, I can't fit the batteries I need to (18650s) anywhere on it. Not in the trap door nor the battery tubes. I'd like to find out which adjustable stocks have the most storage space while not being some off brand garbage. The troy battle ax looks like it'd have all the storage I could ever need, and if that's the best option, I'll go for it... But man that thing is a serious uggo. The other one that looks like it might work is the BCM gunfighter mod 1 with the storage compartment, but I'm not sure if the compartment will fit 18650s.

On my rifle I'm looking to store 2 18650s, 2 cr123s, a couple cr1632s, a small bottle of lube, and if I can fit it, an extra bolt+firing pin. I'm thinking bolt and firing pin in the grip, however I'm not opposed to moving those to the stock, except I can't fit 2 18650s in my grip so it wouldn't really solve my problem.

Thanks y'all.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 4:30:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I've never encountered a man in such desperate need of a fanny pack in my whole life.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 4:49:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've never encountered a man in such desperate need of a fanny pack in my whole life.
View Quote

I actually carry all of these currently in a pouch, I just wanted to get some onboard my rifle so there'll never be a situation where I'm lacking.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 4:53:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Lets use the term tactical fanny pack.  Maxpedition makes one that will hold that list you require and three mags at least.  I know because I use one for a similar list.  Others may also suggest chest rigs or load bearing vest.  The fanny pack is easy to grab if in a hurry.  I keep my by my rifle.

I see you have fanny pack.   Try a stock pouch.  They make cheap ones to see if you like them.   I use one on 17 hmr rifle
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 5:21:18 PM EDT
[#4]
A2 FTW
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 5:30:49 PM EDT
[#5]
That's what support gear is for. Don't put all that shit on your gun. But a chest rig or set up a belt.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 5:52:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
A2 FTW
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
A2 FTW

If the A2 was adjustable I'd be all over it. I also don't actually care that much about adjustability other than running my rifle with my armor. If a fixed stock had the storage I was looking for while not being too long for my stubby little arms while wearing armor I'd be down to do that too.

Quoted:
I see you have fanny pack.   Try a stock pouch.  They make cheap ones to see if you like them.   I use one on 17 hmr rifle

I've actually been considering sewing one up for myself, given that I've started sewing more and more gear lately. I was just hoping for a more waterproof option, but I suppose vacuum sealing some bags might have to do.

Quoted:
That's what support gear is for. Don't put all that shit on your gun. But a chest rig or set up a belt.

If you read what I said in the thread, I'm doing this for redundancy. I've already put together a kit with extra batteries and lube (still waiting on my extra bolt). I want to set this up so that any time I grab my rifle I have these things.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 5:55:21 PM EDT
[#7]
*Edit: Just saw that you're looking for "redundancy" on the rifle.

Posted this last week, but check out Thyrm for water proof battery storage:

CellVault-5M Modular Battery Storage

https://thyrm.com/product-category/cell-vault/
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 6:47:36 PM EDT
[#8]
The BCM will fit an 18650.

I keep one stashed.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 12:08:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Buddy of mine bought some
XxX Velcro & .410 four slot ammo belt, attached it to his A2 stock, stuck batteries in slots & looks quite decent. Of course after he filled his A2 glove box first.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 11:51:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Can you mod the stock tubes like this to fit 18650s instead of CR123s?

BCM grip will fit one 18650.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 3:51:19 PM EDT
[#11]
The only batteries I keep on my AR's are a couple of CR2032 Batteries for my Scope or Red Dot's.  Because I use my AR's for hunting and the like.  These are kept in my BCM pistol grip.

All other batteries are kept in one of these:

Red Tac Gear Battery Card

And the Battery card is stored in a Ferro Concepts Mini Dangler that hangs off the bottom of my Spiritus System Micro Fight Chassis Mk4 Chest Rig.  If your not going into an extreme situation, away from home. then you don't need extra flashlight batteries stored in your AR.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 10:52:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Posted this last week, but check out Thyrm for water proof battery storage:
https://thyrm.com/product-category/cell-vault/
View Quote

But $80!!  
My MTM ammo carrier, with 4 water proof 30 cal size containers cost less than $40.

I'll stick with my 8-mil zip-lock bags for little stuff.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 2:05:26 PM EDT
[#13]
This might work:

https://www.peacegeek.net/product-p/k-0002.htm

It’s an old P&S design sold under different names — the one I have is black and branded “Exos.”  I just tried putting 18650’s in it:  diameter is okay even for a protected cell.  Length is just enough for two unprotected flat-tops on each side, but not two protected button-tops.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 1:08:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Right now I'm looking for storage solutions on my stock. I currently have a Magpul ACS which theoretically has storage... Except, I can't fit the batteries I need to (18650s) anywhere on it. Not in the trap door nor the battery tubes. I'd like to find out which adjustable stocks have the most storage space while not being some off brand garbage. The troy battle ax looks like it'd have all the storage I could ever need, and if that's the best option, I'll go for it... But man that thing is a serious uggo. The other one that looks like it might work is the BCM gunfighter mod 1 with the storage compartment, but I'm not sure if the compartment will fit 18650s.

On my rifle I'm looking to store 2 18650s, 2 cr123s, a couple cr1632s, a small bottle of lube, and if I can fit it, an extra bolt+firing pin. I'm thinking bolt and firing pin in the grip, however I'm not opposed to moving those to the stock, except I can't fit 2 18650s in my grip so it wouldn't really solve my problem.

Thanks y'all.
View Quote

I modded the storage tubes in a Crane SOPMOD Stock. Works great!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top