Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/31/2020 5:39:16 PM EDT
Still looking for a cold 601 left hand guard.    Anyone seen any? I’ve been trying to find one for a while to complete my set but no luck was wondering if anyone out there had any ideas on where to look. Thanks
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 11:03:41 AM EDT
[#1]
If you’re looking for an original they occasionally pop up on gunbroker.  Otherwise Brownells sells reproductions
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 5:02:47 PM EDT
[#2]
What color are you looking for?
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 1:54:46 AM EDT
[#3]
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/855395202
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 12:05:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Not 601  parts.

https://bpullignwolnet.dotster.com/retroblackrifle/ModGde/RflGde/601.html

Quoted:
Still looking for a cold 601 left hand guard.    Anyone seen any? I’ve been trying to find one for a while to complete my set but no luck was wondering if anyone out there had any ideas on where to look. Thanks
Colt  
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 3:19:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Good luck. Years ago after I lucked into finding a left side HG individually, & needing the right to complete the pair, it took me the better part of 2 years bumping a WTB ad in the EE.

Have you placed a WTB ad yet, besides airing it in here?
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 3:24:03 PM EDT
[#6]
probably a lot easier to buy a set and sell the right than to find a left.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 5:11:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
probably a lot easier to buy a set and sell the right than to find a left.
View Quote
I agree with boywonder777 statement...very difficult to find a left alone.
Black handguards are the same way....New rights for sale everywhere, lefts hardly ever.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 10:01:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Check in with US Collectors Ordnance.  They had several complete sets for sale on Gunbroker recently.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 11:10:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Check in with US Collectors Ordnance.  They had several complete sets for sale on Gunbroker recently.
View Quote
of 601?  must have missed them.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 11:33:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

of 601?  must have missed them.
View Quote
Yup....they had 2 complete sets for sale. Both sets were complete with type A stocks. I bought the first set. I almost bought the second set but the handguards were really rough and the stock was cracked by the swivel pin. Nobody bid on it, I'm guessing because of the rough handguards. I was tempted though ??
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 11:50:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yup....they had 2 complete sets for sale. Both sets were complete with type A stocks. I bought the first set. I almost bought the second set but the handguards were really rough and the stock was cracked by the swivel pin. Nobody bid on it, I'm guessing because of the rough handguards. I was tempted though ??
View Quote
nice.  i've seen the interest in prices on 601 stuff drop a lot lately.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 2:40:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
I agree....I think the flood of repro 601 parts has dropped the interest in the extreme priced real parts.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:41:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I agree....I think the flood of repro 601 parts has dropped the interest in the extreme priced real parts.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s too bad. I’ve been thinking about parting out my 601 and 602 if they pass an AWB in VA.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 8:45:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That’s too bad. I’ve been thinking about parting out my 601 and 602 if they pass an AWB in VA.
View Quote
Lionel, I can store them for you.
Craig
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 10:03:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
I will gladly take the 602 barrel upper and handguards....if you decide to part out that is.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 9:01:28 PM EDT
[#16]
I really don’t care on the color it can be green or black I’d prefer green. I just need the left-hand guard. I just noticed I said cold it should read colt. Anyone parting anything out let me know
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 8:16:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I really don’t care on the color it can be green or black I’d prefer green. I just need the left-hand guard. I just noticed I said cold it should read colt. Anyone parting anything out let me know
View Quote
We're talking no drain hole no L / R mark, in black, correct?
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top