Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/25/2020 7:01:12 PM EDT
At least for our conversions/dedicated 22lr AR rifles

Some talk about broken firing pins yesterday got me to thinking about how 22AR pins seem to have a lifespan that should be characterized by dry fire count, rather than round count...and this is the result: The Safe-Fire dry fire practice block.  It prevents the hammer from hitting the firing pin for safe trigger pull practice without risk of damage to your firing pin or chamber so you can dry fire without worry and improve your trigger pull!The block must be installed with the hammer cocked on the lower, but multiple dry fires with the safe-fire block installed can be done by racking the charging handle to reset the hammer, as usual.  Trigger practice without guilt!

I'll push them towards production as quickly as possible, but until then, the printers will be churning them out in a high impact material.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 8:09:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice.  

If you cut a slot in the forward portion to receive the tail of an accu-wedge, you would still have a rigid frame, but a very soft landing for the hammer and less stress on the polymer frame.

Also, your model has the surface that receives the hammer nearly vertical and maybe a half inch from the head of the FP, like a bolt weight with a closed end.  That surface can be brought further back, lowered and set at a 45 degree angle so it catches the rising hammer before it gets a lot of speed.  It will have your piece lasting longer.

I use half inch wooden dowels as dry fire adapters for centerfire ARs.  It takes just a notch carved out of the bottom of the dowel where the hammer strikes.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 9:22:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Great idea, I'll have to think on adapting that or something similar/replaceable in so you could just rack the CH and dry fire again -- I'm have some high impact polymer for my printer on order so we'll see how that works, might be a moot point if the plastic can take the abuse.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 11:15:53 PM EDT
[#3]
If you haven’t already, please talk to a patent attorney
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 11:16:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you haven’t already, please talk to a patent attorney
View Quote

Yep, already taken care of! ;)
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 8:23:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Bravo, Renaissance! Still rocking your buffer plug a few thousand later. (3K? Lots of bricks)

Still looks like it did at 60 rounds. Very little wear.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 9:44:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I may or may not need one of those, but I like the buffers you sell. Gonna get a few of the buffers, but want to wait and see what the new firing pins look like too. Just make one order that way. Thanks for posting this.  Hint, I would be a good test guy for the new firing pins, I know shameless.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top