Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2018 5:11:06 PM EDT
Recently went into a local gun store i had never been to, There they had the Spike's Crusader lower. I bought it, and they had a deal for a CMMG LPK for $34 with purchase of a lower, So i bought it. Then I saw they had an Aero upper, So I bought that..

Many impulse buys in that store.

Today scrolling through Primary Arms, they had both the handguard and safety i wanted on sale, Radian Selector ($37), and BCM MCMR 13"($135 usually $189) So obviously i had to buy them, Added a BAD Enhanced bolt release and still stayed under the standard price for the handguard.

Now i think i'll wait for black friday sales for other stuff...
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 7:06:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I feel your pain, haha. Was going to wait on my next build and then I found a new webpage that had all kinds of deals. Everything keeps dropping in price. Its difficult to not take advantage.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 7:39:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Parts Purchased:
Spikes Crusader lower
CMMG LPK
Aero Upper
Battle Arms Enhanced Bolt catch
BCM MCMR 13"
Radian Weapons Talon selector

On my to do list:
Daniel Defense 14.5 mid length
MBT-2s Trigger
Primary Weapons Buffer tube & endplate
Geissele Super 42 buffer
Unsure about what stock yet
Dead Air Flash hider
MBUS PRO
Unsure about what BCG
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 9:13:10 PM EDT
[#3]
You almost got me to buy another lower just because of that sale!  Barely resisted the urge because I kinda want the crusader lower and would have bought one last time I was at Northeast Munitions.  Luckily they were temporarily out so I just got a couple plain anderson lowers.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 9:27:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You almost got me to buy another lower just because of that sale!  Barely resisted the urge because I kinda want the crusader lower and would have bought one last time I was at Northeast Munitions.  Luckily they were temporarily out so I just got a couple plain anderson lowers.
View Quote
I cant wait to see what 2A Tac is gonna have for sales this holiday season. Here they're the place for AR parts in NH.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 11:02:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Parts Purchased:
Spikes Crusader lower
CMMG LPK
Aero Upper
Battle Arms Enhanced Bolt catch
BCM MCMR 13"
Radian Weapons Talon selector

On my to do list:
Daniel Defense 14.5 mid length
MBT-2s Trigger
Primary Weapons Buffer tube & endplate
Geissele Super 42 buffer
Unsure about what stock yet
Dead Air Flash hider
MBUS PRO
Unsure about what BCG
View Quote
I didn't give you any crap in your other thread because you got the parts you wanted, but will say this is a much better thought out build imo.

For the bcg Shark  Arms has colt for $125 which is awesome pricing for a quality bcg. Toolcraft  is cheaper and great as well. If you want to try a coated big check out Sionics NP3 coated. I much prefer NP3 to NIB and nitride. Very easy to clean and great lubricity.

For.the stock i really like B5 Sopmod. The magpul  offerings and MFT minimalist are good too
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 2:48:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds good.  Glad to see you are using the MBT trigger.  It cannot be touched at anywhere near the $87 price...

Why dead air muzzle devise? you have one of their cans?  If not, youll want to use that Q can on this build too...

Also, in case you are not aware, a 14.5 needs a pin and weld to keep it out of NFA/SHort barreled rifle territory.

My old crusader lower build, that I color filled...  I took the crusader theme to heart on this build.  Its sold though...

eta, add pics
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 10:04:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Sounds good.  Glad to see you are using the MBT trigger.  It cannot be touched at anywhere near the $87 price...

Why dead air muzzle devise? you have one of their cans?  If not, youll want to use that Q can on this build too...

Also, in case you are not aware, a 14.5 needs a pin and weld to keep it out of NFA/SHort barreled rifle territory.

My old crusader lower build, that I color filled...  I took the crusader theme to heart on this build.  Its sold though...

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3764/32929855573_eea43c19e4_o.jpg

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3696/33358109650_159f702072_o.jpg

eta, add pics
View Quote
Dead air because I'll be buying a Sandman S for this build, because I like the mounting system, and the flash hider pinned and welded will meet the Legal length. I don't want another 16" rifle, and I don't want to put a "brace" on it to be a pistol
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 10:06:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I didn't give you any crap in your other thread because you got the parts you wanted, but will say this is a much better thought out build imo.

For the bcg Shark  Arms has colt for $125 which is awesome pricing for a quality bcg. Toolcraft  is cheaper and great as well. If you want to try a coated big check out Sionics NP3 coated. I much prefer NP3 to NIB and nitride. Very easy to clean and great lubricity.

For.the stock i really like B5 Sopmod. The magpul  offerings and MFT minimalist are good too
View Quote
Sweet, thanks for the recommendations
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top