Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/8/2020 3:51:19 AM EDT
I don’t see too many reviews or range stories on this saint edge pistol from SA. Would like your feedback and experiences on them if possible.

Thinking of getting one as my vehicle gun and may run it with an RC2 suppressor, CQB use less than 100 yards so not looking to use it as a tack driver etc..

https://www.springfield-armory.com/saint-series/saint-edge-ar-15-pistols/saint-edge-556-ar-15-pistol/
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 6:07:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Probably because they haven't hit the street yet.  A buddy of mine has 3 of them ordered for his shop and was told not to expect them until l June/July time frame.  Covid19 may have moved that time frame back even later.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 6:12:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jreinke:
Probably because they haven't hit the street yet.  A buddy of mine has 3 of them ordered for his shop and was told not to expect them until l June/July time frame.  Covid19 may have moved that time frame back even later.
View Quote

Thanks, that’s interesting as looking here it shows availability at some dealers:

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/706397921446

I barely can find any personal reviews on it
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 7:27:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah I don’t think those actually hit the street yet, same with the quick detach barrel and side folder that I’m waiting to fondle.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 1:18:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Even though you took the time to post links that bird flew high above everyone's head.

I bought the Saint Edge 10.3" pistol in October and love it. I plan on getting a few more from the Saint collection. They are accurate, reliable and beautiful. I expect it can make reliable hits out to 400+ yards if you do your part. I have mounted a Holosun HE508T Micro Red Dot, a Crimson Trace CWL-102 500 lumens weapon light, and a Surfire Warden DT blast diffuser.
I took her out and put 300+ rds through her at 60-100 yards and without skipping a beat was ringing various steel targets between 60-100 yards across the entire range fan.
The Surefire produced a deep percussive thump creating a very alluring sound. It caused a perplexing wonderment from onlookers whom all had a "WTF is that" face. It may have been the accurately placed sustained firing strings followed by steel feedback, or the terribly obnoxious M240 thump my little hand cannon made.

No regrets, No looking back! Close your eyes and do it.

RLTW!

Link Posted: 5/22/2020 1:24:04 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd rather buy something from a company that actually supports the 2nd Amendment.

I’d rather we keep These comments in GD, rather than the Tech Forums.   Please stop.

C
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 6:17:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Even though you took the time to post links that bird flew high above everyone's head.

I bought the Saint Edge 10.3" pistol in October and love it. I plan on getting a few more from the Saint collection. They are accurate, reliable and beautiful. I expect it can make reliable hits out to 400+ yards if you do your part. I have mounted a Holosun HE508T Micro Red Dot, a Crimson Trace CWL-102 500 lumens weapon light, and a Surfire Warden DT blast diffuser.
I took her out and put 300+ rds through her at 60-100 yards and without skipping a beat was ringing various steel targets between 60-100 yards across the entire range fan.
The Surefire produced a deep percussive thump creating a very alluring sound. It caused a perplexing wonderment from onlookers whom all had a "WTF is that" face. It may have been the accurately placed sustained firing strings followed by steel feedback, or the terribly obnoxious M240 thump my little hand cannon made.

No regrets, No looking back! Close your eyes and do it.

RLTW!

https://i.imgur.com/XSCRZsL.jpg
View Quote

This is perfect, I really appreciate the detailed feedback. Most helpful, thank you for this and everyone on this thread..

Very nice setup on your rifle too.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 8:58:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'd rather buy something from a company that actually supports the 2nd Amendment.
View Quote

Yeah Rog... He asked you for facts about the SASEP not feelings about Springfield. There is always one! Seems like everytime S.A.I. is mentioned people seem to want to hijack posts with hurt feelings.

OP, That's the reason why you don't hear anyone speak of S.A.I.! Is it a valid gripe? Yes I believe so. Why are we still talking about it? Not sure, maybe like 9/11, bigbryce31186 will never forget about it or let it go. Then again that conversation has been had, Springfield felt the effects of questionable business ethics and quickly changed course. They make a solid AR and want us, the buyer back. They love our dollars like all the other shops. Won't be the first time someone hurts your feelings bryce and it won't be the last.

Many here will argue about who they think you should buy from or do business with but fuck'em, they don't pay your bills! Buy as you please just make sure your equipment reliably and safely functions. It's funny how users on this forum want to act like their shit don't stink or like they've never made a mistake.

I just dumped 3.5k on a SOCOM 16 and a bunch of ammo and goodies. If anyone would like to judge me or draw lines against me over doing business with S.A.I., then take a number and be my guest. I thoroughly enjoy Fuck Fuck games. I'll try and remember your feelings the next time I buy another Saint or M1A.

RLTW!
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 10:06:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yeah Rog... He asked you for facts about the SASEP not feelings about Springfield. There is always one! Seems like everytime S.A.I. is mentioned people seem to want to hijack posts with hurt feelings.

OP, That's the reason why you don't hear anyone speak of S.A.I.! Is it a valid gripe? Yes I believe so. Why are we still talking about it? Not sure, maybe like 9/11, bigbryce31186 will never forget about it or let it go. Then again that conversation has been had, Springfield felt the effects of questionable business ethics and quickly changed course. They make a solid AR and want us, the buyer back. They love our dollars like all the other shops. Won't be the first time someone hurts your feelings bryce and it won't be the last.

Many here will argue about who they think you should buy from or do business with but fuck'em, they don't pay your bills! Buy as you please just make sure your equipment reliably and safely functions. It's funny how users on this forum want to act like their shit don't stink or like they've never made a mistake.

I just dumped 3.5k on a SOCOM 16 and a bunch of ammo and goodies. If anyone would like to judge me or draw lines against me over doing business with S.A.I., then take a number and be my guest. I thoroughly enjoy Fuck Fuck games. I'll try and remember your feelings the next time I buy another Saint or M1A.

RLTW!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

RLTW!

It is a FACT the SA does not stand up for Illinois gun owners and only cares about their bottom line. Is it a good firearm? Maybe. But so are several brands that will not in fact try and fuck firearms owners. It is a fact it's your money and you can do what you want. Just like OP. He needs to know ALL the FACTS before he makes a purchase. That is a FACT.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 11:24:47 PM EDT
[#9]
My son has a 308 version of the Saint & he loves it.  Most people I've heard talk about them like them.  A few that have had problems were not having much success with Springfield's customer service though, so that's something to think about.  I do think that for the price they sell, their are a lot of nice upgrades & accessories on it that you don't normally see in most AR's of that price.  I remember last year a few places were selling the 5.56 version with an extra 10 Pmag's for $600.  I was tempted to get one & now wish I would have gotten a few and sold a couple now to pay for the one or two I would keep.  Hindsight may not always be 20/20 but it's usually pretty close.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 12:28:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It is a FACT the SA does not stand up for Illinois gun owners and only cares about their bottom line. Is it a good firearm? Maybe. But so are several brands that will not in fact try and fuck firearms owners. It is a fact it's your money and you can do what you want. Just like OP. He needs to know ALL the FACTS before he makes a purchase. That is a FACT.
View Quote

Bigbryce31186, Isn't the job of a business to survive and profit? Did you not consider that possibly every business cares about the bottom line. I mean if they didn't care about their bottom line or profit for future R&D, innovation and endeavors, like acquiring a company going down because they are too charitable, I believe these organizations would be non-profits and or charities, etc.... Many businesses in the Firearms Industry have crossed ethical boundaries, some more than others and still get used. When a company reverses course from their egregious actions do we reverse judgement? I do not believe so and this may not be a fact but you can be my case in point of still holding a grudge. S.A.I. is not the first and it wont be the last. Let me know if you've found the magic fountain of free guns because then yes, I will blindly follow and drink, but you and me know its a FACT this doesn't exist.

This discussion thread was supposed to be about the SASEP, not S.A.I. Business Ethics. You should try to not let getting fucked determine how you fight.

Tools are inanimate objects, so why show the painting prejudice when it is a work of art! It is the painter whom should be prosecuted for his actions! Did Springfield and Rock River follow through on fucking you? I thought they pulled out? But I can see how that may leave a bad taste in your mouth, no pun intended. For one to hate an organization for the actions of one person or a small group seems rather ignorant and I wouldn't want that type of freedom or justice for me. I'm sure the Illinoisans who are employed by S.A.I., don't want to fuck themselves. Your cross-hairs most likely belong on corporate board members and lawyers but that's for another thread. Emotional reviews suck.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 7:54:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 1:02:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Bigbryce31186, Isn't the job of a business to survive and profit? Did you not consider that possibly every business cares about the bottom line. I mean if they didn't care about their bottom line or profit for future R&D, innovation and endeavors, like acquiring a company going down because they are too charitable, I believe these organizations would be non-profits and or charities, etc.... Many businesses in the Firearms Industry have crossed ethical boundaries, some more than others and still get used. When a company reverses course from their egregious actions do we reverse judgement? I do not believe so and this may not be a fact but you can be my case in point of still holding a grudge. S.A.I. is not the first and it wont be the last. Let me know if you've found the magic fountain of free guns because then yes, I will blindly follow and drink, but you and me know its a FACT this doesn't exist.

This discussion thread was supposed to be about the SASEP, not S.A.I. Business Ethics. You should try to not let getting fucked determine how you fight.

Tools are inanimate objects, so why show the painting prejudice when it is a work of art! It is the painter whom should be prosecuted for his actions! Did Springfield and Rock River follow through on fucking you? I thought they pulled out? But I can see how that may leave a bad taste in your mouth, no pun intended. For one to hate an organization for the actions of one person or a small group seems rather ignorant and I wouldn't want that type of freedom or justice for me. I'm sure the Illinoisans who are employed by S.A.I., don't want to fuck themselves. Your cross-hairs most likely belong on corporate board members and lawyers but that's for another thread. Emotional reviews suck.
View Quote

Keep the comments focused on tech.  Final warning.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 3:25:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Palmetto State makes a better pistol and supports the 2nd Amendment. Is that better princess?
View Quote

Hahaha, I can take the princess comment, I probably deserve it and shouldn't have been so rude, but bigbryce, come on, is that another fact. Ok lets get back to Specs. I am not buying that PSA makes a better AR pistol that specs out the same as the Saint Edge 10.3", with the same Maxim CQB brace, not the SBPDW or something less than. I'm calling B.S.! The saint has many features that are found on much more expensive AR's and just a few flaws and I'll openly point them out:

• The barrel not being Cold Hammer Forged. Which 90% or more of shooters will never shoot enough to notice impacts. It is a lightweight CMV 1:8 twist barrel that has a melonite coating inside and out.
• The sights are good, but they are Leapers UTG Pro. They are surprisingly adequate but have no place on a $1500 MSRP AR pistol. Then again most expensive AR's come sans buis.
• An A2 Birdcage flash hider on a 10.3" pistol when the lesser priced and spec'd Saint Victor comes with a blast diffuser. Outright ridiculous.

PSA may be a great company. I too buy from them, in fact I just bought my SOCOM 16 from them. They make some great items and support the 2nd Amendment by selling and making us more guns but if they are so much better than S.A.I., why did they sell me my Springfield! The bottom line must truly matter to all.
So tell us why is there pistol better than mine?

Have you handled or shot the SASEP?

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top